“Worst Hotel in The area.. by far..”

Red Roof Inn Austin - Round Rock
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Mansfield, Texas
“Worst Hotel in The area.. by far..”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

First off let me say that I am aware that they are in the middle of renovating. That however does not condone the action of not having a back door installed or replaced after the work had stopped for the day. The back door to the hotel was off the hinges and out of sight the entire day and night of our stay. Therefore, anyone could walk up into the stairwell of the hotel with no problems or questions asked. We had left to hotel for awhile and thought that maybe upon our return the door would be replaced. as it turns out it was not. There were little kids at this hotel as well. As a parent the safety of my children is #1 at all times. This was definatley not safe by any means. When we got back I called the front desk to ask them if they knew that the door was missing. the person then said "Hmm I don't know anything about that". So I said, "isn't that a safety concern not to have a door on the back of the hotel"? To which he replied "I guess that would be". He then said he would look into it. After about 90 minutes I went down to check if the door was back on the hinges.. it was not. At this point it was well after midnight. I called the main customer service line about this incident and the reply was.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Austin Round Rock Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. We are undergoing renovations at the moment and we are due to have our door replaced immediataly. Please accept our sincere apologies, it was not our intentions to make you feel unsafe at all during your visit to us.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

It doesn't take a friggn' genius to hang a door..

Overall my experience here was not a good one and I will not be back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lubbock, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

Stayed w/brother & his family...they booked on Priceline. The could not find our reservation until we provided them confirmation number - my guess is they were hoping we'd say "ok, no biggie" and leave so they could charge a couple hundred more for the room thanks to SXSW, but that's probably just a silly conspiracy theory, right? Room was dingy & the best thing about it was the new wood laminate floors & the beds were relatively comfortable (we did a thorough check of the bedding/mattresses for bedbugs & all seemed well), though the pillows could stand to be replaced. The facilities were clearly old (though there was an out-of-place modern faucet installed at the sink...) & the shower was in ill repair (caulk severely peeling). Also, the hairdryer didn't work b/c outlet by the sink didn't work (GFCI wouldn't reset), and there was no clock or tv remote in sight. This place might be a deal if you only need a place to sleep and you can get it for the advertised rate of $49 per night, but otherwise, book elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Round Rock hotels

Spring, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

We came in town for a friend's baby shower and unbeknownst to us it coincided with the the SXSW music festival. He booked the day before so almost everything was booked with the exception being the red Roof. We checked in and the clerk immediately starts hitting on me asking if I'm an actress, when I tried to show him my identification or credit card he says he doesn't need it. We park and go to the back entrance to get to our room. There isn't a door on the back of the hotel. the back hallway smelled like old Chinese food. We get to the room and I am slightly relieved as the room looks modernized with wooden laminate floors and a contemporary, modern designs. That is until we get into the room and all over the wall are bright yellow stains. Looked like someone had urinated all over the walls. It was late and we basically just needed a bed for the night so it did the job, but I wouldn't let our 10 month old crawl on the floor and I took a shower with my flip flops on. The room had AC and clean sheets, but the towels smelled like cigarettes and the hair dryer was broken. Wasn't worth the $150 we had to pay by any means. Won't stay there again if we can help it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Washougal, WA United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Just as an example, the bathroom door was a sliding door, and it did not line up with the door sill, so there was no privacy. Also the online booking process was nothing but silly. A single bed room had a rate. A 2 bedded room rate or a king, was shown as $683.98 per night. When I called they said, Oh, yeah, we are trying to get that fixed.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
La Feria, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

I stopped there because it was late, I was tired, and there was a sign out front advertising rooms for $49 per night. When I asked inside, the clerk told me that those rooms were all taken and that I would have to pay $50, or $63.24 with tax. Other than that, I had few complaints. The room was comfortable and reasonably quiet. I was on my way early the next morning.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

Bathroom was dirty, bed were hard, curtains not hung but taped. Would not stay there again! Asked about my group rate he said it was already applied but it was not, had to call to get refunded.worst place Ive ever spent money on to stay at!

• Stayed February 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

1. My king room has wood floors, upgraded bathroom, modern sink and faucet, 32 inch flat screen, refrigerator. Under $55. including all Tax.
2. Cracker Barrel, Saltgrass Steakhouse, IHOP, and loads of other nice restaurants, shopping close, including the newly designed Sears Great store, that is awesome.
3. Fresh coffee and vending machines 24 hours a day down stairs. And the Walgreens in the area.
For me that spells a really good value it's not the Hilton but you're not paying Hilton prices either

• Stayed February 2013