I booked a single room (one queen bed) and it was a bit smaller than the standard sized rooms, but this was to be expected. The furniture and fixtures were generally worn out and "tired" but the carpeting appeared to be quite new. Too bad the water condensate from the air conditioner leaked onto the new carpet and made it soaking wet in one area near the entrance. The room also has a microwave and small refrigerator.
Basically the room was adequate for a two-night stay. This would not be my first choice if I returned to the area, but I would not necessarily boycott the place. My biggest gripe is not getting what was advertised:
The "expanded continental" breakfast offering was fine on Saturday, but fell apart on Sunday. I arrived to eat at 9:00 (it closes at 9:30). Had to wait 10 minutes for more coffee to arrive. Neither of the two juices were available. There was no waffle mix to use in the waffle iron. There were no pastries / bagels etc., and the picked-over fruit was not ripe enough for consumption. I was left with a bowl of cereal and eventually a weak coffee. It was generally a sad sight, yet the property promotes the virtues of its free breakfast.
There was also a sign on the front desk - "Be sure to ask for your free copy of USA Today". Yeah, right. The least they could do is take down the sign if they do not have any papers.
A small issue, but deceptive nonetheless: I found out after I checked out, and on the way to the airport, they add $1.50/day for the cost of the in-room safe, but they will remove the charge if you ask them to. Gee, it would have been nice to know this when I checked-in. Again, it was "only" $1.50/day but it left a bitter feeling because they were less than forthcoming about it.
The small swimming pool was closed for renovation. I wonder if I should have asked for a rebate because of that? I really had no time to go swimming anyway, but others might have wanted to use it. This closure should have been mentioned on the web site when I booked the room.
So, I give the place a mediocre rating - it wasn't horrible, but.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Inn & Suites Round Rock is a newly renovated hotel in Round Rock, TX. Recently updated in 2016, the hotel offers large rooms with microwaves and refrigerators. The hotel provides a FREE large hot breakfast buffet including sausages, eggs, Texas-shaped waffles, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites - Round Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn & Suites Round Rock Hotel Round Rock
- Days Inn And Suites Round Rock
- Days Inn Round Rock
- Round Rock Days Inn