“Very, very nice !”

Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
TX
“Very, very nice !”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We have stayed here in the past and always enjoyed our stays. This time was even better because the hotel has been updated. Very clean and comfortable rooms, spacious bathrooms and inviting lobby with breakfast area. As always, the staff exceeded our expectations. They are just so very friendly and hospitable, always ready to help. I was specially impressed by the general manager, Sarai, who didn't just sit in her office but was all over the hotel, sharing the workload with everyone including housekeeping. And the staff at the front desk, Karen, Antoniya, Andrea, Michael, Josh, David, Shante....everyone smiling and attentive to guests' needs. I definitely would stay here again and strongly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to the Round rock / North Austin area, specially families with kids.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ALTX01
Sarai B, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Greetings,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate the feedback you have given of your experience at our hotel and for rating us a 5 star. We have gone through a full renovation and I’m excited to hear your stay was a better experience. Our staff strives to exceed our customers expectations and I’m happy to hear we have done so.

We look forward to seeing you again on the next trip to Austin and please feel free to contact me should you need assistance making future reservations.

Sarai Braziel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Banchory, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed for two nights for a wedding in Austin. Very nice staff, friendly and helpful . We had a two bedroom suite , very clean and rooms were a decent size ! Good size Kitchen and fridge ,
If I could suggest anything I would substitute the carperts for laminate , however they were clean. The breakfast was acceptable and the staff nice. No bar , but Walmart five min walk away and plenty places to eat and drink. We visited the premium outlet which was 10-15 min drive away , very good also.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank HOTELINSPECTORABZ
Sarai B, Manager at Residence Inn Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear HOTELINSPECTORABZ,

Thank you for the kind words and taking the time to complete a comment. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Austin Round Rock was enjoyable. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.
Texas
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Second time to stay at this location. Not any better maybe worse. There is a staffing issue. Check in was OK. Rooms are nice and clean. Breakfast was a disaster. Clearly the first morning, it was the employees last day. As she refilled nothing and cleaned up nothing, but did manage to stand and talk, and spend long periods behind the front desk. Next day even worse. No employee at all, they had the poor front desk employee trying to do both. Clearly this was Not working. One guy came by a couple of times and restocked plates. Food Not refilled. The pool so very sad. The last time I stayed it was dirty and no towels, this time worse. The hot tub was filled in and a sitting area now. The pool was very dirty, I tired clean what I could, but when we actually got in, it smelled so bad we quickly got out. It is summer in Texas, we were looking forward to cooling off after a long day. The rooms are nice but there is a Staffing issue. Do not think I could stay at this location again. When you are short handed management needs to step in and WORK.

Room Tip: Top floor as you are on I-35
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank chesterTexas
Sarai B, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Chester Texas,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a comment on Tripadvisor, I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the state of our breakfast buffet area as well as our outdoor pool area. We strive to ensure all our guest expectations our meet and can't apologize enough that we did not meet yours.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience on your next stay.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is my 3rd stay with Residence Inn and THE ONLY thing which has remained consistent is the Wonderful Customer Service and the comfortable stay!
After the renovation, the hotel gives a new feel, well appointed rooms with all amenities and lovely mng breakfast!

Friendly staff under leadership of Jim Duffy ensures guests are treated with utmost attention & care
Joshua, Michael, Toni, Nena...what a team to take care, Thank you, its been memorable!
Look fwd for my next stay here...Its a home away from home !

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Akkash S C
We appreciate your feedback and thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. Our hotel has gone through a full renovation and we are very thrilled to hear it has met your expectations. Our staff strives to exceed our customers’ expectations and I’m happy to hear we have done so.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We were in town on business and our meeting was postponed for two days. The staff was super helpful and friendly, even let is stay extra long the second day, held our bags while we shopped and gave me a place to pump for our baby at home all after we checked out!!!!

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Jamie L
Sarai B, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Jamie L, Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor, we truly appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We are thrilled that your stay with the Residence Inn Austin Round Rock was enjoyable and I’m happy to hear the staff took excellent care of you and your family. We look forward to your return visit to the Austin/Round Rock area. If there is anything I can assist regarding any future reservation please feel free to contact me.

I look forward to hearing from you.

atlanta
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This hotel and especially carpets are disgusting. Smells emanating from the rooms where people are cooking turned my stomach. Our closet door was broken and the knob to turn on shower fell right off.
I got online to check reviews because it was so disappointing and google reviews had 2 different ones about bedbugs. One review mentioned the room we were in!!! We called manager and he assured us there were no bedbugs but we just couldn't stay in that room with our son. I wouldn't have slept at all.
Bugs aside, I would never recommend this hotel. Ever.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sarai B, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Our hotel is an extended stay property which allows our guest the luxury of cooking in their own room as each of our guest rooms is equipped with all necessary cooking equipment. We have the pleasure of meeting many guest from all over the world as well as the different food spices that our guest cook with. We do our very best to ensure all odors are eliminated prior to us selling the room for the next guest. I sincerely apologize for the odor that was left behind and will also ensure all items have been fixed.

In the event of a guest complaint of insects, we have the room inspected and treated immediately by a professional pest control company and placed out of service. Unfortunately, these issues are brought into hotels around the world by travelers. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please note, the pest control company did not find any evidence of insect activity in this room. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Regards,

Residence Inn Round Rock
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

1. Spacious rooms
2. Pick n drop within 5 mile radius
3. Great breakfast n evening snacks
4. Malls and shops at walking distance( Walmart , best buy etc )
5. Very friendly staff
6. Full fledged kitchen in the room

5/5 ... I had a great time staying there !!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank amit8000
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Austin Round Rock was enjoyable.