“Awesome Breakfast”

Courtyard Austin Round Rock
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 5 July 2010

Our extended family was placed in the Courtyard by Marriott by the bride's family for a wedding. Normally we do not stay in Marriotts, so this was a treat for us. We were not disappointed. The morning breakfast was amazing--it "ruined" us for the rest of our vacation when we went on to other sites/hotels--no one matched the quality of the food. Homemade omelettes, fresh fruit, good coffee....such service at the Marriott! Our bed and pillows were comfy. The only negative is that there was no frig or microwave in the room.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 December 2009

I visited the Dell Hq in Austin in July 2006 and was put in Courtyard by Marriott. I stayed there for five days and enjoyed my visit.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 1 October 2009

I was very disappointed in the King Room - Room was damp and smelled old - like an old bathroom. Carpeting must have been dirty because my sock slippers that were white are now brown - Very few amenities for the price and condition of the room The hotel is old.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2008

This hotel is fantastic. I was incredibly impressed. My room was newly decorated and spotlessly clean, with a whirlpool bath in the corner of the bedroom. Free WiFi access was a nice touch too. As a woman travelling on my own, I always have to be slightly more aware of the area I'm staying in, but the hotel felt welcoming and the facilities, such as a small fitness area and pool are great. The staff are courteous, helpful, and friendly. Don't be afraid to ask for recommendations from them on restaurants or places to visit - I did and ended up eating at a great Mexican restaurant a few minutes away which I would never have tried otherwise, and which was much much better than the dining options immediately surrounding the hotel (which are fine, but more like your highway-side eateries, fast and relatively cheap, but this other place was AWESOME!). It was called La Margarita I think, on the same side of the highway as the hotel, just continue a little ways south on the access road, two minutes in the car at most. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, particularly those thinking of visiting Austin or the Premium Outlet Malls in Round Rock. I travelled to both while I stayed here, and they are both in easy reach - Austin is a little further but I saved a bundle of cash staying outside the city, and it was still only 20 minutes in the car or so. The outlet mall is five minutes away from the hotel and well worth a visit. 5 stars from this traveller!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 20 March 2007

The hotel was very clean and the people running the desk went out of their way to be helpful. On the negative side, there was no HBO, the room did not have a mini-fridge or microwave and the outdoor pool was not open (March is considered off-season). Also, they charge $6.95 for Continental breakfast.

Stayed: March 2007
2  Thank lauara k
A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 29 September 2005

I work in retail and think customer service is a dying art. This hotel's customer serivce was wonderful and enjoyed there professionalism. They had great things to do at there hotel such as the swimming pool, jacuzzi, business area, and work out room. If I had time I would have stayed longer. We had the king size bed room and the room it self was wonderful and at such a great price! The only thing I wish that could have been better was the elevator door "dong" sound was extremly loud and we were three doors away from the elevator and wish there was better looking bathrooms. I also felt like an idiot trying to figure out the temperture on the tub. I enjoyed it over all and would be happy to stay there again.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Thousand Oaks, CA
Reviewed 15 September 2005

My 3 night stay at the Courtyard by Marriott on Hoppe Trail, Round Rock, TX was lovely. Check-in was quick, and the front desk clerk was very helpful with directions to stores, etc. My room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Parking was easy and safe too.

I highly recommend staying at this hotel and plan to return in a few months.

For good barbeque, 1/2 mile down the street, try Rudy's.

• Stayed: August 2005