“Everything a 7 year old could want”

Rock'n River Family Aquatic Center
Ranked #10 of 36 things to do in Round Rock
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Took our grand daughter here on an August Sunday afternoon. It doesn't open 'til 1:00 pm. Bear in mind that sheltered tables can be reserved, and shade is at a premium. And while the artificial surface covers everything, it can get pretty hot. Plan on water socks or flip-flops between the features.
This is a park for families with younger children. Teens might be a little bored, although the water slide tubes are exciting (if you're over 48" tall -- they DO measure). You CAN bring in an ice chest, which will be checked to ensure there's no alcohol or glass. A small amount of food is sold inside the Center. Arriving early, gave us a chance to "claim" a couple of lounges and move them against the wood fence for a modicum of shade, later in the day.
The lifeguards did a good job of watching for unsafe acts (mostly running), and to keep kids away from the discharge ends of water slides.
Congratulations to the city of Round Rock for creating an affordable and safe water park.

5  Thank MacPoole
"thrill"
"loungers"
"playscape"

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Loved the lazy river, my 7 y old and I stayed in it the entire time which was about 1.5 hrs. Slides were AWESOME and my daughter normally does not like. The only downside is you have to wear a bathing suit which was an issue for my mom who is a little insecure so she didn't get to enjoy the water.

6  Thank Ashley W
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I took my grandson to this waterpark and after taking a quick look at the photos on their website I thought we were in for quite an adventure. I was surprised at just how small the place really was. Two water tubes, a lazy river, splash pad and small pool and an even smaller concession stand.
Even though the admission price was small I don't think we will be going here again.

3  Thank calloused_traveler
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I took my 2 teen girls (17 &13) on July 4th so it was crowded but still tolerable, people wise, in the lazy river. We got there after 2p so it was just enough time to cool off & enjoy the river before the rain swipe in.

There could have been better enforcement on # of ppl allowed in river at 1 time, especially with limited # of tubes available for use. But overall a really fun time in river & on slides.

Nice, cheap way to cool off in Austin area. We'll go back if ever visiting during summer again.

3  Thank Sonja F