“Great bbq”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
“Great bbq”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

OMG! Everything is really good. Unbelievable that someplace that advertises"The worst bbq in Texas" is one of the BEST!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tulsa
“Stellar BBQ”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

First time to eat at Rudy's. When I went in and told them it was my first time and asked for recs, the cashier brought me samples of moist brisket, lean brisket, turkey and creamed corn. I ordered the moist brisket, jalapeño sausage, and the creamed corn.

While I wasn't a fan of the hot sausage (wasn't really that hot or good spices, the brisket was phenomenal. It was the best brisket I had ever had. The rub was smoked to a dark crust with great great seasoning. Great smoky flavor with a beautiful, juicy moist meat. If you go to Rudy's, get the moist brisket. It is worth the price difference and incredible.

Even though you won't need it, the sauce is great. With the tang of sauce, the spice of the brisket with the bite of raw onions, I was very satisfied. My mouth is actually watering right now writing this review. I can't wait to get within 100 miles of Rudy's to run by and get some more.

Visited June 2014
Sugar Land, Texas
“Yummilcious!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Food is excellent, service great, prices food, line long - should have plates though, not individual times.

1 Thank Kim O
Portland
“This place is the s*#!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Never having been to Texas before, I was on the hunt pre-trip for places that I wanted to make sure I got to. Rudy's was very close to the hotel I was staying at and after reading other reviews, thought this would be a good place to try. First of all, walking in and smelling the smoke of the BBQ, you wish there was a perfume that you could buy so you could smell it all the time. When I got to the counter, she asked me if I'd been there before and if I knew how to order and when I said no, she turned to the kitchen crew and shouted, "I need a sample plate, I've got a first timer!" Everyone whooped and hollered!! You get to taste the different meats and sides and they are all fabulous. The staff is very accommodating and friendly and the service couldn't be better. This would be a regular haunt if I didn't live thousands of miles away. Eat. Here.

East Texas
“"Make ya wanna slap your Grandma" kind of good!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

OK. First things first. If you're looking for fancy, look elsewhere. This place is in located at a gas station. That being said, it is a large restaurant with plenty of seating for the crowds. Unfortunately, most of the seating is in an indoor/outdoor area that is "cooled" with a couple dozen wall fans. All seating is on pic-nic tables, some large enough to sit 15-20 people.

Now. Let's eat. Stand in line (you will stand in line for a few minutes). It will take all of 60 seconds to take in the menu...maybe not that long. When you get to the counter, there are 8-10 cashiers to take/fill orders. Brisket, Turkey, Ribs, Sausage and choice of a few sides - that's it. That's all they need! The food is served in butcher paper and they give you another sheet of butcher paper to use as a plate (I told you it wasn't fancy!). A few slices (or more if you want) of loaf bread rounds out the meal and you walk away with your food in a big tray that resembles something you would see holding cases of soft drinks rather than a fast food tray.

So there ya go. Gas station ambiance. Stand in line. Eat in a screened in porch area. Food served on butcher paper.

And then ~ you get to eat. Sweet mother of all things good and holy - what mouth watering, delicious food. I grew up in Memphis and have had good (no, make that GREAT) BBQ most of my life. I've never had better than Rudy's. Honestly. This is some good, finger licking, grab a stack of napkins...and yes..."slap yo Grandma" kinda grub. I had the "moist" brisket and a sausage link, my wife had the lean brisket - all were mouth watering.

Go to Rudy's. Go hungry. Take your time. Enjoy.

1 Thank EastTexasGMan