“Old furnitures & near nonexistence kitchen”

Comfort Suites I-35 North
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The supposedly kitchenette is near empty, not even dish soap is here. Old furnitures. Yucky breakfast, the sausages and eggs were sitting in a water bath, they don't even have peanut butter for toast. Very....very cheaply run. Hole in the closet door, torn couches......this place needs some work.

Stayed: March 2014
comfortsuitesrr, Manager at Comfort Suites I-35 North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for your time to let us know how we did. Our sincere apology for not meeting your expectations. We certainly look into the concerns you brought up. It seems you were under impression that we have kitchenette, just like all comfort suites we have microwave and small refridgerator. We are doing some renovation as time allows and hopefully you'll be able to come back and have a better stay.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

The room was VERY spacious, with a nice architectural detail separating the living area from the dining area. Bathroom had granite countertops and there were LOTS of pillows on a comfortable bed. Decor in the room was good with a flat screen TV. Breakfast was OK. (Didn't care for the sausage....)

Only comment for improvement is that the elevators need a little updating and the breakfast area had limited seating for the size of the hotel. Also, ending breakfast at 9:30am on a Saturday seems a little early.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the hotel instead of the facing the freeway. It would help with n...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your time to let us know how we did. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We will certainly look into the comments regarding elevator and breakfast hours on weekend. We are doing some renovation as time allows and hopefully you will get a chance to stay with us again in future. We want to make sure all of our guest are satisfied as you were.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Once again this property has eon my raves! My family came to visit me, but since I have limited space available at the house I booked them a room here. My parents are pretty picky, but they too love this hotel. The beds and pillows are heavenly and the breakfast is pretty great AND FREE! The price is good and so is the location. It's a little drive from downtown, but with the money you save from not having to stay downtown it is definitely a VALUE!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
comfortsuitesrr, General Manager at Comfort Suites I-35 North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

I want to thank you for your valuable time, its great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in near future.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I had a group rate with a rooming list. I had 18 rooms and the staff was very organized with check-in. We are a Special Olympic group in town for Winter Games. We stayed four days 3 nights and they made sure breakfast was ready each morning, so we could get to competition on time. The hotel owners and staff treated my athletes with respect and they enjoyed visiting with the athletes. The location is great and their are are great restaurants all around the hotel. We will back next year.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
comfortsuitesrr, Manager at Comfort Suites I-35 North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve your group. I am very glad to hear that your group enjoyed the stay. Thank you for the kind words. We hope to see y'all again.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

This was probably the WORST that I stayed at! I resevered a room for an extended stay. The first room that was given to me had what looked like a semen stain on the comforter. I went down to the front desk, the attendant was nice and agreed to give me another room. The second room that I recieved had old carpets with stains on the floor and old tacky decor. At this point I was so tired and just wanted to sleep. When I woke up the next day I noticed there was what looked like a blood stain on the sheet. I've stayed at several Comfort suites before and this was nothing more than a mere Motel 6 or below average hotel with the Comfort Suites name. Spend a few extra dollars and stay somewhere else. You've been warned!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
comfortsuitesrr, General Manager at Comfort Suites I-35 North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and your feedback. Our sincere apology for not meeting your expectation. We will certainly look into your concern regarding soiled bedding. Our housekeepers are trained to place clean linens on every bed. Cleanliness is of utmost importance in any hotel. We understand that we only succeed when our guest are satisfied. We are also in process of renovating the hotel. We will hope to see you in future.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband and I just returned home from an overnight trip to Austin. We booked this hotel as a last minute decision and were pleasantly surprised by our choice. It is conveniently located just off I-35 and was easy to find. We had a king suite which was clean and spacious. It was well maintained and the bed was comfortable. I could not connect to the wi-fi, but the young man at the front desk brought me an ethernet cable within 5 minutes of calling. There was a hot breakfast and both the evening and morning front desk attendants were pleasant and courteous. We only stayed one night, so we did not have a chance to check out other areas of the hotel or town, but we did take a few minutes to get a donut at Round Rock Donuts which is only a few block away. There was a gas station and Wendys across the drive. It is a great choice for anyone wanting to stay in the Round Rock area. We would not hesitate to stay there again if given the chance.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Noplacelikehome818
comfortsuitesrr, General Manager at Comfort Suites I-35 North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for the review. I will share your review with staff so they know what their work truly means to our guest. We are truly thankful that you gave us a chance to serve your hotel need. We hope to see you again in future.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

There are a few Comfort Suites that I found to be exceptional, and this property is one of them.
It started with a pleasant welcome and only got better from there. The room was clean and
comfortable along with being quiet throughout our stay. The gentleman at the desk was helpful and personable! Something I have not always found. This was indeed a surprise find for my wife and I, and look forward to visiting again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wolleysegap172

Dear Guest
We want to thank you for the review of our hotel. Your insight helps us to know our strenghts and weakness. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.