“Lots of better hotels in area”

Comfort Suites I-35 North
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Chicago, Illinois
“Lots of better hotels in area”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2007

With all of the hotels in the area, this is not the best choice. The front desk staff needs a refresher course in customer service. The rooms are large enough but very typical of a 2 star hotel, absolutely nothing special. We asked for a room in the back to get away from the freeway noise and ended up with the noise from the street on that side of the hotel. The pool was dirty and obviously not being used. The breakfast "area" is simply some chairs set up in the back part of the lobby. The food not worth mentioning. We were glad to leave after our one night stay and would not stay there again.

Stayed March 2007
1 Thank Sommerset

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2006

This is one of the best hotels, i've stayed at. The lady at front when we checked in was very helpful with directions. The rooms were very spacious, and had lot of the amenities that I liked. they had microwaves in them. we loved the free breakfast with saugage and eggs, they had lots of varieties. we will defenitly stay here again.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2006

The troubles at this hotel I feel stem from very poor management and lack of staff.

Our family was attending my grandmother’s funeral and we needed two rooms. My wife and I stayed in a single King and my Parents and Brother stayed in a Double Queen.

The first troubles we encountered were that they had lost my brothers reservation. Booked online through Expedia and paid for in advance.

When they did finally pull my brothers reservation up, all his person information was incorrect and they had booked him in a smoking room. After spending 20 min. straightening out the reservation they issued us rooms and keys. We all went up to our rooms and spent the first night there without incident. The next day was the funeral so we were gone all day visiting with family and attending to family matters.

When we came back to the hotel, the front desk told my brother and parents that they had moved out room! One, I have never heard of this at all. Second they claimed they tried to call or contact us all day and none of use received any calls. Third they not only moved my father’s medical breathing machine but also moved and booted up my brother’s laptop. To top it all off they had moved them to a smoking room.

When we asked to speak with a manger none was available and after talking to a regional manger on the phone about the whole ordeal he told us he would have to call us back and we never heard a thing from him. My brother worked with the regional manager and the desk manager he final got a differnt room (#3) non-smoking.

When we got back to our room we went to go turn on the AC to cool it off a bit (85 that day) we noticed dead bugs and beetles all along the floor and all round the bed. After calming my wife down we called the front desk to come take care of it and they said that they would have to address it tomorrow due to the fact that no one was available.

Needless to say the whole ordeal was horrible and I will never stay at other comfort suites again. I advise you to stay far away from this hotel.

• Stayed January 2005