“Unethical business practices”

Comfort Suites I-35 North
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 27 June 2007

My husband is a truck driver who never even made it through the door of his hotel room, yet was charged on his credit card for his reservation. He's been in this line of work for over 30 years and routinely checks the hotel directories for tractor trailer parking and then calls the hotel, double checks with the reservations clerk for tractor trailer parking, and then has them hold a room on his credit card. He called this hotel after confirming through the Comfort Suites directory that there was indeed tractor trailer parking, and was told by the desk clerk that there definitely was. However, when he showed up at the hotel, the parking lot was not large enough for him to get his truck into. He left his rig by the front entrance and went in and spoke with the manager on duty, whose name is Sunita "I don't give out my last name", and she denied up and down that any of her clerks would've told him that there was truck parking. She literally called him a liar. She could not attest as to why the directory said that there was tractor trailer parking, and she was "sorry" but she had to charge his credit card for the reservation as it was after 6:00. My feeling on the matter is that these people know exactly what they are doing to attract the truckers and then purposely rip them off, as they obviously cannot walk away from their rigs on the highway in order to stay in a room that they reserved under the false pretense that there would be a place for them to park. Avoid these scam artists.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank yayorneigh
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites I-35 North

Reviewed 16 June 2007

Nice hotel, it was very clean, large spacious. Free hot breakfast was great to start the day. they did seem to be upgrading hotel.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 22 May 2007

First of all they cancelled my parents reservation but they offered them a two room suite (for 2 people doesn't make sense because it was double in price) so we roomed with them. As they were helping us another lady walked into find out the reservation she made was incorrect (she wanted two rooms side by side even came in and talked to the manager to make sure she got that and when she arrived they gave her two rooms away from each other). The free breakfast what a joke they had only enough food for maybe a couple of the rooms so if you didn't get up @ the start of breakfast you were out of luck!!!! Last but not least get ready for your room make sure you have ear plugs to sleep (@ night it feels like your sleeping on the hwy as the train next door goes by!!) and if you like fitted sheets bring your own because they use 2 flat sheets so at night your fighting to keep the sheets on. Good luck staying here!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank klr321
Reviewed 30 April 2007

Excellent location , people so nice ! Staff Incredible. Looking forward for next visit.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 17 March 2007

With all of the hotels in the area, this is not the best choice. The front desk staff needs a refresher course in customer service. The rooms are large enough but very typical of a 2 star hotel, absolutely nothing special. We asked for a room in the back to get away from the freeway noise and ended up with the noise from the street on that side of the hotel. The pool was dirty and obviously not being used. The breakfast "area" is simply some chairs set up in the back part of the lobby. The food not worth mentioning. We were glad to leave after our one night stay and would not stay there again.

Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank Sommerset
Reviewed 11 December 2006

This is one of the best hotels, i've stayed at. The lady at front when we checked in was very helpful with directions. The rooms were very spacious, and had lot of the amenities that I liked. they had microwaves in them. we loved the free breakfast with saugage and eggs, they had lots of varieties. we will defenitly stay here again.

A TripAdvisor Member
St. Louis Missouri
Reviewed 17 January 2006

The troubles at this hotel I feel stem from very poor management and lack of staff.

Our family was attending my grandmother’s funeral and we needed two rooms. My wife and I stayed in a single King and my Parents and Brother stayed in a Double Queen.

The first troubles we encountered were that they had lost my brothers reservation. Booked online through Expedia and paid for in advance.

When they did finally pull my brothers reservation up, all his person information was incorrect and they had booked him in a smoking room. After spending 20 min. straightening out the reservation they issued us rooms and keys. We all went up to our rooms and spent the first night there without incident. The next day was the funeral so we were gone all day visiting with family and attending to family matters.

When we came back to the hotel, the front desk told my brother and parents that they had moved out room! One, I have never heard of this at all. Second they claimed they tried to call or contact us all day and none of use received any calls. Third they not only moved my father’s medical breathing machine but also moved and booted up my brother’s laptop. To top it all off they had moved them to a smoking room.

When we asked to speak with a manger none was available and after talking to a regional manger on the phone about the whole ordeal he told us he would have to call us back and we never heard a thing from him. My brother worked with the regional manager and the desk manager he final got a differnt room (#3) non-smoking.

When we got back to our room we went to go turn on the AC to cool it off a bit (85 that day) we noticed dead bugs and beetles all along the floor and all round the bed. After calming my wife down we called the front desk to come take care of it and they said that they would have to address it tomorrow due to the fact that no one was available.

Needless to say the whole ordeal was horrible and I will never stay at other comfort suites again. I advise you to stay far away from this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2005