“Bed Bugs”

Comfort Suites I-35 North
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 19 September 2010

This hotel has bed bugs, one of the guys working at the front desk was very attentive and asked if I'd like to be moved to a different room after discovering the bugs. I told him yes and, I was moved directly across the hall, at this point I did not feel comfortable staying in a hotel room directly across from a room that had bedbugs so I went back down to the front desk, and informed a different guy that I'd be changing hotels and I'd like a refund. At that point he said he'd have to call his manager, so he did, and very rudely acted as if bed bugs were no big deal and I was making a big deal out of nothing. Finally after talking to the manager he said he would give me a refund. This hotel needs to take some responsibility for the infestation in their hotel and not just pretend as if the bugs do not exist.

• Stayed: September 2010
comfortsuitesrr, Manager at Comfort Suites I-35 North, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2010

I am deeply concerned about the problem you encountered at our hotel. If you would have contacted me after your stay, i certainly would have helped you with your concern. Our hotel, like most hotels have pest control treatment every month by a licenced company. We do check for bed bugs frequently, as a it has become problem at many hotels all over the world, and if found we do treatment to eliminate them. Please be aware that these kind of issues are very important to our industry and we are not ignoring them. We travel as well and certainly want nice clean rooms. Again, my sincere apology if we let you think that we do not care. Please contact me if you have any concerns.

Hank P

Reviewed 23 May 2010

we were tired from driving all day, got a room here, suprisingly it was hugh, very clean and had everything we needed like microwave and fridge. free breakfast was great. staff was very friendly, we give this hotel thumbs up.

comfortsuitesrr, General Manager at Comfort Suites I-35 North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2010

Thank You for your kind review. We hope to see you again in future. We like to hear how we are doing so we can always make your next stay even better.

Reviewed 27 December 2009

We decided to stay for one night to do some Christmas shopping in the Prime Outlet Mall in Round Rock, Texas. For the price of a regular room in other hotels we stayed in a room with refrigerator, microwave oven, sitting area, etc. The hotel and room were very clean and the attention and service were first class. We are planning on going back to Round Rock next year and will definitely stay at the Comfort Suites.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2009

This was very nice. The room was clean, comfortable, and very roomy. Price was reasonable. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. We will certainly stay there each time we visit Round Rock!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2009

Very old hotel, seems remodeling is under way. Room was not clean, carpets dirty, bathroom needed cleaning,commode flushed hard, AC unit noisy and mattress needed replacement. Management needs to be more attentive to the room maids to be sure the rooms are up to standards.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank CorvetteTraveler77
Reviewed 9 May 2009

We came in for a baseball tournament. We booked through austin hospitality. this was a nice hotel. the rooms were very large and packed with everything we needed. The whole team really enjoyed the stay. Breakfast was ok for kids, not much on healthy menu, but did'nt really expect it. Kids got the sugar fix. Staff was very friendly, even though we had lot of kids for the tournament.

• Stayed: April 2009
1  Thank jovasqe
Reviewed 31 December 2008

When we arrived, the front desk discovered that our on-line Thanksgiving reservation dates were incorrect. The young man behind the counter caught the mistake and was very nice. He said that it was an honest mistake and that they had rooms and would credit the "no show" charge for the wrong date towards the two nites that we did stay. We had a nice stay and called the business office after we left to ensure the credit would be made. The business office said that they will never credit anything ever. Remember this if you ever make reservations there. We followed up with a letter explaining the situation and asking again about the credit towards the two nites that we stayed. The business office didn't respond nor will they call us back. They are horrible business people and have lost about 15 to 20 years of our business. Our first grandchildren were recently born and live near their hotel. When we visit in the future, we plan to stay elsewhere. Don't trust ANYTHING that place tells you.

Stayed: November 2008