“LOVE This Place!!!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My husband and I used to go to Beluga when we first moved to the Round Rock area. Beluga was pricey for what they were offering. As soon as Sushi Nini opened we had to go there! Been going here since opening in 2009. The place is a Sushi Sports Bar, so if you're looking for the zen-type Japanese restaurant, you're in the wrong place. Sushi Nini has a lot going on. There are TV's everywhere, so whether it's football, basketball, or whatever season you can sit almost anywhere and be able to watch your game. My football game wasn't on last season, so I asked them to change it and they did. Super nice! I prefer sitting at the bar vs. the tables since there's more interaction with the bartender and the other customers. We've met a lot of really cool people here and it seems we are always running into the same people, so they obviously have more regulars than just us <wink wink>. The sushi is very fresh and I haven't had a roll I didn't like from this place. They also just revamped their menu (which is why I decided to write a review) and they added a lot of extras! My favorite part is their $2 draft beer and $2 saki. So if you want a sake bomb you can have a couple of them and it'll only cost you $4. They have a lot of rolls & sashimi/nigiri on happy hour too. Again, the best part is the ambiance. It's a friendly, kick-back, enjoy your beer and some sushi kind of place. A must go-to place if you're in the Round Rock area.

Reviewed 17 November 2012

Great place to hang out with friends for sushi and drinks. Fun atmosphere, good for couples too. It looks more like a sports bar than a sushi place but the food is good.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Reverse sushi night is awesome. Great deal on sushi and drinks. Fun atmosphere for friends to go hang out!!!

Reviewed 15 April 2012

They have bar for alcohol and bar for sushi. A lot of flat screen tv around you. Seat at any table you still have good view of your football game. The food is ok. Clean palce,nice service. My friend and me. Always hanging out there .

Reviewed 29 March 2012

My friend and I were a little turned off by the sports bar image the place portrays when you walk in, at least for a sushi restaurant. Just not the right ambiance, but once you get past that the sushi is very good. We tried several rolls, all were delicious. Although I have had better, I would return but it would not be my regular go to sushi place. Prices were very reasonable.