“New rules should be posted”
Review of Morelia Grill - CLOSED

Morelia Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Round Rock, Texas
“New rules should be posted”
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

I went to eat here last night. I have been going here for about six months. We always go out front in the benches after ordering and have a cocktail and a smoke. Last night was no different. A man who works there can out and told us in a very harsh tone that he was told to tell us we could not sit outside with our cocktails. Well we finished anyway and went back inside. The food was cold. The margcorona was made wrong and the charged me 20.00 for the drink.
These restaurants that don't cater to smokers and implement new rules whenever they want will never get my business again. I'm always being asked where I go eat by friends and my customers. This one will only be on my "DO NOT GO" LIST

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mr A

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best authentic Mexican food in miles.”
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

This restaurant specializes in interior cuisine. They achieve their goals. The meat is always moist and full of flavor, everything is freshly prepared, or left to mingle favors as appropriate. The service is always friendly and quick. They have a full bar. This place is popular enough at during busy periods parking can be a problem.

Visited June 2013
“Best fajitas in town”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

For years, we've frequented La Margarita in Round Rock for fajitas, but lately Morelia has become our go-to spot for nicely seasoned & charred beef fajitas, served with fresh tortillas and all the trimmings. This low-key restaurant offers quality tex-mex in other forms (enchiladas, etc.) but the fajitas are what keep us coming back. They offer beef or chicken fajitas with all sorts of different toppings -- my favorite being the basic kind with peppers and onions. You can easily have leftovers, especially after filling up on their two kinds of delicious table salsa (far better than the typical chips & salsa)!

The interior is a bit uninspiring -- with a bunch of mismatched floor tiles and painted murals on the walls -- but overlook that and enjoy the taste of authentic tex mex served by friendly staff. This is easy to find, right on highway 79, not far from either I-35 or the Dell Diamond. Fast service makes this a good lunch or dinner option, and they're accommodating of groups and kids as well.

• Visited April 2013
Texas
“great fajitas”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

My favorite dish is the fajitas romano....beef fajitas and onion and a sauce poured over the top...ym, yum!

• Visited February 2013
Austin, Texas
“Great Tex-Mex in Round Rock”
Reviewed 15 December 2012 via mobile

There are a lot of Tex-Mex restaurants in Round Rock, but Morelia's is one of the best. Good menu choices and great food. Their table salsas are unique and very tasty. You can't go wrong with their enchiladas. Friendly staff.