“A round rock must”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 21 September 2013

What a great place! My wife and I tried this on a whim and we are so glad we did! The servers are so friendly and beverages never ran low. The food was tasty and priced very reasonable. I had the sausage stuffed waffle and my wife had the french toast. Neither dish disappointed. We couldn't finish our plates. Loved the fruit with the romanov sauce. Good coffee. Wonderful atmosphere. Will be back for sure!

1  Thank Wacoans
There are newer reviews for Round Rock Cafe

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Finding a good breakfast place is something of a quest for us. We have been to Round Rock Café several times now, always on a Sunday. Several things distinguish Round Rock Café, in a very positive manner. First, the food is made to order and delicious. (I like to order poached eggs, with the yolks a little runny. No problem for the chef at Round Rock Café.) Second, we can actually get seated! Third, the back dining room is private, quiet, and looks out on a charming side garden, complete with birds building nests/raising chicks. So, we like it for great food, relaxed ambiance, and availability. This last is important to us, since it's nice to be able to arrive at a restaurant and be seated. We envy the folks who live within walking distance of this pocket-sized charmer.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

My wife and I tried this cafe after finding it on GOOGLE maps and seeing the rave reviews. We ate there on a Thursday afternoon about 2pm (it closes at 3) and the place was empty. Service was OK, food was OK though I considered it a bit pricey for what you get. I got a small sandwich called an "Allison", a few Lays chips and a sweet tea. The wife got a hamburger the same Lays chips and a sweet tea. The bill came out to a tad over $20. Neither of us thought the food was bad but it wasn't great either. Kind of unremarkable. We go to Round Rock about every 6 months. Would I go back? Probably not. We ended up going directly to Round Rock Donuts because I was still hungry...

1  Thank Kenny M
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We live in Round Rock and have lunch here about once a month and have never had a bad meal. Sorry, but you will probably be hearing the word "fresh" a lot in this review. For lunch they serve sandwiches, salads, and fresh home made soup. You only have one choice of bread for the sandwiches - sourdough, but these are individual rolls that are baked fresh every morning. They even make a smaller version of the roll for 1/2 sandwiches. The bread has a slightly sweet taste, and are addicting. When we go for a late lunch sometimes we will buy some of the rolls to take home. The salads are made with fresh field greens (not iceburg or romaine), and are great. He also makes one or two fresh soups everyday. OK, I think that is enough fresh.

I usually get a soup and 1/2 sandwich combo, or a salad. All the sandwiches are good, but my favorite is the tuna, which is funny because I rarely eat a tuna sandwich at home. I think it is because it reminds me of my mom's with a little bits of finely chopped onion and pickles. My wife and I have had several different sandwiches, salads, and soups and they are all great. They also serve a couple of different burgers, but we have not tried them yet.

They also serve breakfast in the mornings, and all day Sunday. We went on a Sunday once and the Eggs Benedict was the best I ever had with great fresh hollandaise sause. My wife had the "3 pancake short stack" - they were hugh and thick, but still fluffy. I helped her a little, but we still only finished half.

I have seen a few complaints about service on some of the reviews. I can say we have never had bad service here. Sometimes when it is busy it can take awhile to get your food, but most of the customers seem to understand this. Business people usually do a little work on their laptop (free wifi is available), and friends catch up with conversation. They will continue to fill your glasses, and never make you feel like you have to leave. I have seen complaints that they did not get their bill in a timely manner, you usually have to ask for it, since they do not want you to think they are asking you to leave. Most of the locals know that you don't even get a check - you just go up to the front counter where they will have your bill and pay there.

If you have never been you should definatly try this place out. Check out their web site for more information, and times/days they are open. Just search on Round Rock Cafe.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Worst place for service I've ever been. Asked for a turkey sandwich without bacon and when it came out it had bacon...sent it back, two seconds later another waitress comes out saying, "sandwich comes that way you will have to pay for it." First off we didn't know you could not order it without bacon had we known we would have ordered something else, second we never said we were not going to pay for it and lastly, when we told the manager what occurred he acted as if it was our fault. He did remove the meal off our ticket only after asking the waitress if it was true that we ordered it without bacon. I wanted to tell him please don't do me any favors...it was only 6 bucks...it won't break the bank!! The fact of the matter is poor customer service, could have been handled better. This is how you lose business. We live in the area and trust me I will tell everyone I know about our horrible experience.

3  Thank Rosie G