“Would be excellent but for...”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I would have rated this property excellent. It is new, clean and ideally located. With an attentive staff and great amenities. Large rooms and fairly priced. But, during a recent stay there was an infestation of insects which the maintenance team wasn't really able to squash. Apparently, the way they told it was that during certain times of the year the whole area is overun with insects. They did their best. But, my room was on the 2nd floor and the insects were in my room. The stay after that episode was much better. No insects. I would recommend this property to anyone wanting a large, new, clean room.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Barrysue
GMHWSRR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Hello Barrysue and thank you for taking the time to share your experience when staying at our Homewood Suites in Round Rock. I am pleased that you appreciated our team and the amenities that we offer as well as our spacious suites! There are times of the in the Texas Hill Country where various insects are more prevalent than others but we try our hardest to keep them out of our hotel and are taking precautionary measures to ensure they do not get in moving forward. It appears they must be working as I am happy to read that your second stay with us did not have the same issue. Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in the area!

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock

Reviewed 18 March 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Homewood Suites in Round Rock. We were not there for SXSW but were there for the good locality to the lakes, rivers, hiking , ect. We greatly appreciated the free breakfast and dinner served. The property is beautiful, and our room was gorgeous with all the room we needed. The only problem was the 2 out of the 3 nights from around 9pm all through the night into the morning it felt like the people upstairs was coming through the roof. We slept a total of about 2 hours of 2 out 3 nights. I called the front desk 3 times . Once at 3:30 am. As the review mentioned below It really did no good to call bc the noise never stopped. I was told by the person at the desk ( the morning of the 15th ) that he would get a nights worth of my points refunded to me and he would call me to help get my room changed . Neither happened. We have been from Maine to Florida to San Fran and everywhere in between and this is the first review I have ever written, that is how bad it was not to sleep.

Room Tip: ask for a 4th floor room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Tennvoldoll_10, thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us at the Homewood Suites. I am sorry that our hotel was not able to provide you with the quality of comfort and services you deserve. We understand family time is very important and we want you to enjoy what time you get to travel and explore together, therefore we try very hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. We will keep your feedback in mind and I will be reaching out to you, in order to make this right.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Great location, great clean rooms, excellent courteous staff, VERY comfortable bed.

Was there for business purposes. Did not make use of the complimentary breakfast, but used the kitchen every morning.

Since I visited my Mom before my trip to Austin, she sent me with some home cooked meals. It was great to have pots and pans I could use on the stove, and Microwave safe containers, as well as a full size fridge.

When returning at night, the room was tidied up, and kitchen utensils washed and drying on the kitchen counter.

Overall, this has been one of my better stays at a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Hi Martin E, and thank you for writing such a great review of our Homewood Suites in Round Rock! I am so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay here so greatly and were able to enjoy the full kitchen in your suite to its full capacity. It’s wonderful to be able to offer the option of the hot breakfast or the use of your own private kitchen to make our hotel feel more like your home. And nothing feels more like home than having a home-cooked meal from Mom! As you mentioned, we will do your dishes for you as well so maybe in that respect we are even better than home! ;-) Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having you return to our hotel the next time you are in the Round Rock area. Feel free to bring your family with you!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Very nice property, very new so it is comfy and looks very nice. Great place for longer stays as rooms have kitchens. Close to lots of restaurants and shopping. Breakfasts were very good, dinners were a little spotty. I guess they are just supposed to be snacks to have with the free wine and beer but I could only eat 1 of the dinners (BBQ pulled pork). Other nights the food was practically inedible - cheap frozen food warmed up. The chinese food one night was particularly bad. Very good service and helpful. The housekeeping staff is a little aggressive though as they want to get home early I guess. No coming back later to clean the room - they will do it now or it won't get done that day.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
GMHWSRR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Thank you John R, for your candid feedback about your stay with us here at the Homewood Suites in Round Rock. I am pleased to read that you found our property to be comfortable and spacious and glad that you enjoyed our breakfast options, but am sorry that the dinner we offer Mondays-Thursdays were not to your liking. We try hard to provide full meals on these nights and strive to make them delicious, not of poor quality and we will continue to monitor this so that your experience is not one repeated. I am sorry to hear also that housekeeping was not flexible with your schedule, they are on a very regimented time management system but should always be able to adjust to our guests’ wants and needs and I can assure you that I have addressed your concern with them to ensure it too is not an issue moving forward. I truly appreciate your comments and hope you come back and stay with us again the next time you are in town so we can provide you with a 100% positive experience. Thanks again!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

This hotel is great. Great staff, clean, well appointed. It is the place to stay if you are around the Austin area. Came for south by southwest. This was the best location.
I will be back. The staff is very accommodating.

• Stayed: March 2013

Josephmorganshanks, thank you for writing a review about the Homewood Suites Round Rock. I appreciate all feedback we get and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us while you were here for our famous South by Southwest festival. Come back and stay with us the next time you are in town!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

The walls and floor of this hotel is THIN and the staff fails to properly investigate the source of disturbances.
The people upstairs (we are on the 3rd of 4 floors) are jumping around making the noise. We complained to the Front Desk about the noise. I am guessing that the people next door also complained because the hotel staff called us twice accusing us of the noise. One call was at 12 Midnight! That call woke up my kids!

The front desk "manager", Nishae who called us at 12 midnight rudely accused of lying and promptly shouted back at me.

Would I recommend the hotel? I did until this incident. Now, I recommend you find a hotel with a more competent and courtesy night staff.

2  Thank Benjamin L

Bhflueng, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Homewood Suites Round Rock. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service. I have addressed your comments with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience a hopefully improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

This is a nice Homewood Suites. Good lobby, the rooms are nice and clean. The hotel seems fairly new and up to date. It is right next to Dell hq so they have good clientele and the property shows that. Breakfast and evening suppers were good. Typical Homewood style, buffet set up. Cereal, pastries, two types of eggs, scones, fruit etc for Bfast. The gym is a reasonable with 5-6 cardio machines, although I would have liked to have some weight machines. Overall, this is a good clean hotel with very pleasant staff.

Room Tip: The hotel is 15 miles from downtown Austin :which we liked being away from the 35 traffic and downto...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Hello Singh1148 and thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites of Round Rock. Our property is less than two and a half years old and we do our best to keep it looking and operating as if it were still “brand spanking new”! I am happy to read that you enjoyed the property itself along with our breakfast and evening manager’s reception and that you found our gym satisfactory. While it does not have every option in it, it is much larger than most hotel fitness centers. Along with the cardio equipment, we have dumbbells for our guests to use as well, which at least gives some additional options for workouts. I am also glad you enjoyed our location; it’s great because we are set back from the highway so there is no street noise, but we are right off of I-35 like you noted and so it is a straight shot to downtown Austin. Typically our prices are less than downtown as well, so there is another advantage!  Thanks again for reviewing us and we look forward to having you return!