“Great Stay near Austin”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Folsom, United States
“Great Stay near Austin”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Hotel was GREAT. Spacious rooms, that let you stretch out with mini kitchen,full fridge, dinette table for two, and small couch to relax. Bed was extremely comfortable. Varied dining choices nearby or hotel has dinner. (I did not partake though, they smelled great). Morning coffee and breakfast was done very well. Hot, fresh, organized. Easy access to freeways to get you anywhere you needed to be. Highly recommend this property.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

John M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Deann M,
I’m happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We have the perfect set up if you would like to stay in and cook for yourself; you have everything you need right in the room. If you are staying with us Monday through Thursday we do have complimentary meals prepared complete with salad bar, beer, and wine. There is also the option to eat out at a wide array of restaurants in the area sure to please any appetite. I rest assured knowing that we are your home away from home whenever you are in the Round Rock area.
jmelstrom@vistahost.net

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I really like Homewood suite hotels. My experiences have been good and they always seem to be better than the similar hotels at similar prices in the area.

This was an exception. The property was standard issue Homewood suites, but, with the exception of Carlos at the front desk, this was a very unenthusiastic staff.

For me, the staff attitude is at least 50% of my rating. This was just not up to par. Nice building, nice staff, just not Homewood suite quality. I'll be putting my guests up somewhere else in the area.

I understand that they sell 80% of their rooms to Dell employees and don't have to compete much. It definitely shows, I've only stayed in 3 hotels in Round Rock, but, for the money this was the most disappointing

Room Tip: My room in the back side of the hotel was very quiet. The closer to the front the more hiway noise.
Green Features: More like a money saving deal than "environmentally friendly" Fresh linens every three days. In this case the water shortages in the area justify the 3 days for linens practice. But then I can also camp in a tent.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Stochasticman,
Let me start by saying thank you for taking the time to write a review of your hotel experience. I’m glad you were able to experience some of the charm that constantly surrounds Carlos. I’m very sorry to hear you had a less than perfect stay with us. Even more disappointing to me is that the cause of your disappointment was our lack of service. This is very untypical of our staff as we pride ourselves on giving each guest a perfect service experience. I would love to talk to you more about your recent stay if you are willing to discuss please contact me directly at jmelstrom@vistahost.net. Thanks again for the review.
Guest Service Manager
Pleasanton, United States
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We reserved two suites for out family. We got to the hotel late in the evening. The clerk was actually waiting for us and greeted me by name ("You must be Mr. *****. We've been waiting for you. How was your trip?) Rooms were clean, smelled fresh and very quiet. The hotel staff was very friendly and made us feel very welcomed. The food at the complimentary breakfast was fresh, tasty and plentiful. We had a great stay and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

John M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Raymond F,
Thank you for the wonderful review! I have worked for several hotels but the staff here are second to none, everyone is happy to go out of their way to make our guests more comfortable. The back of house staff are the reason that our, now three year old property, looks and smells as good as the day we opened, meanwhile the guest service staff leaves each person feeling a little better after each encounter. I’m proud to say that we are #1 for a reason and that reason is 100% our staff!!
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The Homewood Suites Round Rock was perfect in every way! Our 2BR/2Bath suite was large and quiet, with comfy beds. Carlos welcomed us as HHonors members and gave us complimentary bottles of water, welcome amenity (chocolate!), and upgraded our room! The location in Round Rock is a little far from Austin and the UT campus, but perfect for a one-night stay when we're not driving back and forth to Austin and fighting the traffic on I-35. The Homewood Suites Austin was perfect...since we have a freshman at UT, we'll be back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

415leighannj,
Our 2Bedroom/2Bathroom Suite is a fantastic option, especially for families. With one bedroom having a King bed (for the parents of course) with your very own bathroom on one end of the suite and 2 Queen beds on the opposite end (for the kids) there is no more fighting over bathrooms in the morning while traveling and more than enough room for everyone to sleep comfortably. All the comforts of home while you’re away from home. Thank you for the review and have a great day!
Bangalore, India
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed at the Homewood Suites by Hilton, At Roundrock,Austin. It was a great experience staying here and the staff was helpful in attending your needs. They provide complimentary breakfast which is of high quality on all days of the week. The suites are well maintained and the Gym is equipped with all facilities and would help for long term guests.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Sumanvms,
Thank you for commenting on our wonderful breakfast. Our breakfast ladies put a lot of love and care into providing people with a healthy and hearty way to start the day. The gym is also a great way to start the day with 3 treadmills, 2 elliptical machines, a stationary bike, medicine balls, yoga mats, and free weights to accommodate beginners and experts alike. Thanks again for the review and I hope we will see you again soon.
Regards,
saint paul, United States
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This was my first stay at Homewood Suites and I loved it so much I signed up for the rewards program. The breakfast was amazing, the staff was amazing, the accommodations were double amazing. Thanks for a great stay!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

John M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Sarah,
It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and we appreciate you taking the time to write a positive review. I rest assured that you have found a home away from home the next time you have hotel needs in the Austin/Round Rock area. Until we see you again I hope you have safe travels.
Coppell, Texas
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions. Some great and some not so great. This is the deal, My daughters, and I checked out this hotel approx. 2 years ago when she was an entering freshman at UT. We needed a hotel during the summer for a specific workshop being held on campus. Well the DUCK , as we now affectionately calls it was the chosen one since it was the only one new in the atwa at the time and had full kitchen amenities. Well, WOW! Totally impressed..felt like home. everything was impeccable, service, staff, you name it, nothing to complain about. However, on our second trip we did not hesitate to book again, but what a difference. We experience ants in room and ripped carpet along with mold on bathroom railing. Confusing? yes. Since hotel was so new. Once issues were pointed out to manager, Katy Goldin, could not have been MORE imptessed with this hotel. Katy was beyond responsivev, and not only made our family feel we were their priority but she was able to accomodate for a future visit. I only hesitated in this review and title it selfish because I did not want the masses to know about tjis jewel of Roundrock/Austin area and be unable to book because of the overwhelming reponses.
Sorry Homewood, but I had to respond to some of the negatives that I saw online especially toward Katy Goldin. She was professional and represented the Hilton brand as expected.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
John M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you d s for taking the time to respond to our survey. We greatly appreciate the feedback and constructive observations, it helps us continue to improve and hopefully exceed your expectations. We always appreciate repeat guests and hope you stay with us during your next visit to Austin/Round Rock.
Carlos Nunez