“great experience”

Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Last minute booking at the location on Chisolm Trail - right by a Rudy's, Cracker Barrel, etc. Everything was perfect and a great value!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock

Reviewed 3 May 2012

There are several locations that you can stay. I travel primarily for business so I need to be careful on how much I spend. With that said I look for the most for the dollar and found here at this location. It is a fairly new hotel it has everything you would be looking for in a hotel the amenities the food and the bar... can’t forget to mention that! The people are friendly and very helpful.

Room Tip: There are many other locations and I tried most of them but there are no bugs and their chrges are r...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Terry M
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn on Sam Bass Rd; The room was secure, clean and pleasant; I was comfortable with my stay. Entire Staff was pleasant as well, including staff in the dinning area... BUT
My only complaint is the restaurant. That's my own fault, because there are plenty of eateries nearby. I was just too tired and lazy. I'm not even going to provide detail. Holiday Inn shouldn't be trying to run a restaurant. (Guessing my room fees reflect support for the restaurant)
If you need a secure, clean, pleasant place to crash without a lot of frill, this could be it; but put on your tennis shoes and walk to Rudy's BBQ or Cracker Barrel if you get hungry.

Room Tip: You might want to find out if there are little league playoffs staying over. The 10-12year olds duri...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed two nights at this pleasant hotel. Fast valet parking and friendly staff. The rooms were comfortable and fairly standard. Did enjoy the wi-fi access. Facility has a small restaurant. Would have appreciated having a coffee stand to grab a quick cup in the morning. Very reasonably priced, especially since the South by Southwest fest was taking place.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Francescacat
Reviewed 10 December 2011

New facility. Contemporary design. Very clean. Pleasant staff. No smells at all. Comfortable bed.Fridge and microwave but unsure if in all rooms. Modern television. The heating/AC was quiet and could be set to personal comfort levels. This hotel was a traveler's blessing.

I booked on short notice using Hotwire. The rate was super low for a 3 star hotel that I suspected another badly so-called remodeled moldy smoking hotel. The Hotwire rating was 90% approval so I hoped I was not one of the 10% who did not like the hotel. The previous recent reviews were correct.

Upon arrival, I was stunned by no smells, the welcoming front desk clerk, the professional behavior of the other guests, then I arrived to my room. The key is super modern. The clerk did not explain to me how to use the key which must be pressed near the top of the door handle plate. I opened the door to a double sized wheelchair accessible room. The room was excellently designed. I have a family member who is wheelchair bound but not with me on the trip. This room was absolutely wonderful for anyone including the wheelchair bound.
Congratulations Holiday Inn for getting the design right.

There is a bar type area in the lobby. I did not look for a fitness center or pool. The Internet is truly high speed including using wireless. This hotel is walking distance to restaurants. Shopping areas are close driving distance. The north facing rooms face a huge fedex parking lot and housing area view on the back side of the building. In the distance was tree covered hill country. During December the homes are decorated with lights so at night the view actually looks good. The parking is close.

Finding the hotel is a little tricky if you don't know the area because it is not directly on the highway access road. Shhh....let's don't tell anyone this hotel is here.

Room Tip: The wheelchair accessible room is double sized and very nice. The north side rooms face the fedex pa...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I stayed for two nights, and I really enjoyed my stay. The staff is very friendly. The hotel is new and clean. The best part is the internet was very fast. Many hotels I've stayed at have slower wifi, but not here. I was able to work on my laptop while watching Netflix on my iPad. I highly recommend staying here if you have business in Round Rock.

PS. They also use the new keys you don't have to insert into the door. Just hold it up to the door and it unlocks. This was great when I had my arms full.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2011

We had a sudden detour during a trip through Texas and needed a place to stay. The Holiday Inn in Round Rock, TX fit the bill.

We didn't know exactly what to expect, but we SO pleased when we pulled up to find a pristine, nearly new facility after a long drive across west Texas.

This is a very modern facility with a bright, spacious lobby, a small bar, and a small restaurant - all well lit with natural light. We were recognized right away and were soon in our room.

The King room was spacious and included a nice desk with aeron-style chair, free wireless internet, and one of those handy outlets for your computer that is built into the lamp. There was also a nice side chair with an over-chair stand that could hold a laptop, book, or whatever. It's great to have new carpeting, furniture and bedding!

The room ventilation was much better than most. It employed the customary through-the-wall unit, but it was among the rare few that runs continuously and almost silently. As a result, there were no big variations in noise level displayed by some units that cycle on and off through the night with a big clunk. Kudos to Holiday Inn for investing in good cooling/heating units!

The bath was spacious, and the shower walls were one-piece corian-style material. The whole room was spotless. Of course, the bath included the great shower head and the circular shower curtain that offers more space. The only challenge was the anemic performance of the bath exhaust fan.

I've enjoyed the Holiday Inn Express brand as a reliable place to go to get a fairly new hotel, but this time I took a chance on the regular Holiday Inn brand. In short, it was a Holiday Inn Express on steroids! What a delight! I'll be back!

Room Tip: I can't imagine a bad room in this facility.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family