“Renovated hotel”

Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 23 August 2012

First time to use Priceline as this was what I got. Would not book it on my own a second time. It was all new and clean. No free breakfast but restaurant offers breakfast special. We could hear all those around us and running thru halls. Had to call about domestic dispute down the hall. I do not like firm beds so not much sleep. Staff was very helpfull and courteous.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

The employees at this Holiday Inn are really what made our stay enjoyable. Especially Tino the bartender. He is extremely friendly and respectful. He's service surpassed exceptional.
They all seem to be well rounded. Our questions about the city were not only answered, but the employees were all educated with experiences and/or reviews.
The only negative review I have is about their beds. Holiday inn should really invest in new comfortable beds.
IN ALL, Holliday Inn at Round Rock, Texas has the best service I've seen in any other Holiday Inn hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear Stephanie_thinks,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for leaving a review for our property. I am pleased you liked the services of our friendly and respectful hotel bar staff, Tino, he is one of our best. We truly value comments may it be positive or negative as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer to improve your stay. I'm sorry you found our beds to be uncomfortable for you. I assure you that your comments have been documented and will be used for future reference to improve our facilities and services.

Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and hope your experience will not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Tito the bartender doubles as the IT guru and can help with any computer / internet connection problems. He's a real pro and super helpful and friendly.

I was literally pulling my hair out over the inability to connect to the internet and he got on the phone and walked me through everything I needed to diagnose the problem and get connected.

Really great to have knowledgeable and helpful staff like this!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Hotel was very nice, great location. I travel a lot to work, and am on the road 80% of the year. I am also a platinum priority club member. The free drink coupon was nice, I wish I could have had one for each of the three nights of our stay.
Of the 6 employees I encountered only 2 were actually professional. The two younger ladies working -tiny with long dark hair, and the one with short spikey hair- made a great team, you could tell they actually enjoyed working there and were very sincere. However the two gentleman who worked later that night were very rude. The first guy didn't know anything, and kept referring me to the guy with glasses, who made me feel like a annoying bother everytime I asked him something. I work in customer service and found their behavior completely unacceptable.

1  Thank mandy_fl_2005
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Staff was rude and disrespectfull. Especially the night staff. Information was inconsistent with the original information we received. Elevators, ice machine and washing machines were broken. Overall, very poor experience.

1  Thank 7266cw
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Dear 7266cw,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am pleased you liked our location. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience the staff may have caused. I will follow up with the staff to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Thank you again for your comments and I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I rarely use this chain, but this hotel could make me change my mind. Cleanliness and the size of the bathroom is important to me. You have room to shower, dress and get ready without running into the toilet. The room and hotel were super clean! The staff was friendly.
There was a mix up with one of my two rooms. Though I was not pleased and the problem was not fixed, the hotel was nice. Staff members may need to communicate better to accommodate guests.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank lsutdw
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Everyone from Will and Michael at the front desk to the two girls/one guy in the restuarant to the maids cleaning the rooms...all were exceptional!!! Even the rooms were great!!

Room Tip: My only tip for getting a good room is try to get the top floor so you don't hear those on the f...