“New Year's Eve Gala” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Bastrop, Texas
“New Year's Eve Gala”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

We had the pleasure of hosting our first annual youth programs development fundraiser at the Holiday Inn. Ms. Green, Catering Manager was more than accommodating. The staff for all shifts from the front desk to the kitchen were gracious and cooperative. Everyone went above and beyond our expectations. We were most especially pleased that full length white table cover linens along with fresh water and ice were included in our facility rental rate. I strongly encourage any organization or person planning an event in or around Austin, TX to contact Ms. Green and the staff of the Holiday Inn North, Round Rock, TX 78681. Thank you so much. Great facility!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Laredo, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I checked in on Sat 28 or rather I tried to check in however there was no front desk agent to check in with. I walked around for a bit until I found they had a bar. I had 2 beers before I find the guy siting on the couch watching the Louisville game. (I think his name was Arthur or something he was the short Hispanic guy.)

More then pissed at this point I just want to check in and finish a few emails before tomorrow. But wait... get to the room and the keys don't work. Go back down to get new keys and again the front desk is no where to be found. But at least I lucked out and the Bartender knew how to make keys and even went up to make sure I got in all right.

I go to get on the Internet and what a shock it doesn't work. Call down to the front desk and no answer (I guess he was watching the game again). I go down and yet again no where to be scene.

It is no wonder this place looks like a ghost town when nobody can even check in let alone get help when they do. How hard is it to have a warm body stand behind a desk? Will not be back and don't recommend booking here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear David J,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Very clean and well kept - quite, great breakfast - easy access to highway and north Austin
if I go back to this area, I would definitely consider this hotel.
If you're looking for a place in round rock, Georgetown, north Austin, consider this hotel

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Of course, being here on business is not always fun, but with the wonderful staff, especially the young man at the front, Raza, if I remember his name correctly. Not only did he help me out in a pretty timely fashion, he also gave me a few laughs and allowed me to hold a conversation with him before heading to my room. The whole staff is wearing smiles and are completely warming in the way they carry themselves. Wonderful place all around.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Outside, inside & rooms look new, even though property is 3 years old. This is obviously due to the high level of housekeeping & maintenance provided. Front desk service was professional, friendly & accommodating (was her name Dana?). Nice small bar/restaurant in lobby, with what appear to be fairly recent modern furnishings. Plenty of good restaurant choices in the immediate area, including fast food spots. Easy on/off I-35 North. No complaints. Will return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

We checked in at 5pm and put our stuff in the room and left for moving into our apartment. By the time we were back at 1230 am, in one of our rooms, we heard that the tv on. We entered to room and found out that hotel manager William B. Gave our room to someone else and his clothes were all over the place. We went to the front desk and told them about it. They gave us another room and the other surprise was it was not cleaned/ inspected!!! Dirty towels on the floor smelly bed sheet. We got rid of the bed sheet and slept anyways since we were too tired to go back to front desk again. Everyone in the hotel staff were so helpful tho. Especially Raza and the other ladies in the morning shift! They gave us 2 nights free stay with breakfast. I am hoping that someone doesn't show up in my room in the middle of the night and steal my stuff! Fingers crossed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Dogan O
Michael D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
I first want to apologize for your experience at our property. I can assure you that this is not by any means normal for our property. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review, we use these in addition to guest feedback to better our property, procedures, and staff. We are finding out what happened exactly with this situation and act accordingly. I appreciate that our staff was able to provide a form of compensation and that you included that in your review as well. If you run into anything else please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Once again I do apologize and thank you for giving us an opportunity to better ourselves as a whole.
South Padre Island, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

The hotel was conveniently located off I35. It was near many restaurants and a drugstore. The staff was very helpful. The room was nicely decorated and clean. The breakfast omelets and chicken salad, quesadilla dinner in the restaurant was tasty and good portions. The service was friendly both times. It was a quiet stay and good value. Staff was very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business