“Rude Employees; Shady Business”
Review of Sichuan Garden

Sichuan Garden
Ranked #87 of 361 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Phone 512 255-6952
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My boyfriend ordered food here for delivery to his work, and as he was placing his order he was advised that the minimum order for delivery is $15.00. He said, sure that's fine, and ordered Sesame Chicken. When he received his order, he was surprised to see that the total was around $19.00. He had tipped the delivery driver $3.00 and so he was essentially paying $22.00 for a single order of Sesame Chicken.

When he called Sichuan Garden to complain and ask for a refund, the employee told him that he had forgotten to disclose that there is an extra $3.00 delivery fee added to the order. When my boyfriend politely told the employee that he should be informed about an extra charge added to his order, the employee became argumentative and said that he "doesn't have the time" to mention this extra $3.00 on every phone call, and even went as far as to blame my boyfriend for not asking about the fee. Then, the employee hung up on him as he was trying to argue his point.

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. They're shady and they won't tell you how much your total is really going to be, then they're rude when you call to ask why you're being charged more than you thought.

Thankfully, he was able to dispute the charge with his bank and get a refund. Lunch is on you this time, Sichuan Garden!

There are newer reviews for Sichuan Garden

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I gave this an overall score of 1, even though the food was no less than mediocre. That's because this is the worst service I've experienced in many years, if not forever. For example, this is the first time I've ever been charged for an empty cup!!!!! I just don't get how this place could get an award.......

Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

We actually ended up at this restaurant when trying to find another chinese restaurant we were given bad directions to. We walked in and were not greeted by anyone so we just sat ourselves. After a short wait we had menus and drinks...the menu is a little busy and confusing to read through so we tried to ask the waitress a few questions but there was an obvious language barrier so we just ordered and hoped for the best. Our food came out almost instantly and was fresh and very hot! Our server was very attentive and kept checking on us and filled our drinks before they even got low so that was good. Our ticket came out to $35 for 2 soft drinks and 2 entrees which I felt was a little much for what we ordered but ok I guess. When we paid at the registered we were not engaged by the cashier at all she just took the payment and handed us our change. I personally probably wouldn't eat here again only because I think the food was pretty average and aside from it coming out fast, the service was pretty average too.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Wonderful surprise. Great food and atmosphere both at lunchtimes and in the evenings. The dishes were tasty and nicely presented. Staff friendly and helpful. Definitely recommended

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Two of us had lunch here today. Nice surprise. Food was very favorable, right amount of spices, and good sized portions. The lunch specials are $6.95. Enough food to take home and have later for dinner. Will be returning soon!