“Good Location”

Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We had a pleasant one night stay here. The location was good for us and, like everything in Round Rock, it is close to the interstate. However, that has it's negatives as we could hear the noise from the interstate occasionally. That being said, you can walk to two good restaurants and the staff was very welcoming and attentive. We enjoyed the complimentary coffee but opted not to pay $10 for the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 November 2011

For a Hilton Garden Inn, I feel completely let down. The A/C made a very loud click (that was exponentially louder in the still of night) every time it started. The carpets in the room looked very dirty and run down. There was hair all over the bathroom. Lastly, when the person in the room above me checked in (pretty late in the night), I could pretty much tell what they were upto - very poor sound insulation.

All in all, a very disappointing experience. I will have to look for better hotels next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Decent room, smaller beds but confy. Staff was okay. Breakfast was misleading. They charge $10 per person make sure you ask for a breakfast coupon that everyone apparently had.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I've seen hot tubs bigger than their pool, but we didn't come for swimming anyway. Nice room, friendly staff

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2011

The Hilton Garden Inn is very conveniently located for those traveling to Round Rock. While is a 20-30 minute drive into Austin, it is in the heart of Round Rock, only one exit away from the Premium Outlets and a 2 minute walk from top local restaurants like Rudy's and Chuy's.

The hotel serves a great breakfast (the make it yourself waffles are amazing) and they also have free coffee/tea and cookies in the lobby in the afternoon.

Rooms are decent although I would consider them 3 star. The wifi internet is free and fast and all standard amenities are provided free upon request (shave cream, tooth paste etc.).

Hotel does not have room service, but you can order directly from Chuy's which is in the same parking lot.

If you are debating between this hotel and the Holiday Inn Express Suites across the parking lot, I'd say this one is much better.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I could write a short book on my experience here, but I think readers will be better served with some bullet points.

A disclaimer upfront, I am a light sleeper so prefer rooms away from noisy areas like elevators, ice machines and high traffic areas. I pick top floors because a herd of elephants always seem to be in the room above me. My preferences are clearly stated in my Hilton profile.
I spend more nights in hotels each year than in my own home, so I know the major chains and how to make the best of their systems.

My experience:
* Selected this HGI because of location, good food nearby, easy access to I-35 and co-workers used to stay here. Found out for myself why co-workers prefer not to stay here anymore.
* Was moved from top floor room I selected at check in to a second floor because of A/C problem in original room. Yes, the elephant herd was up at 4:00AM, changed rooms that evening.
* Front desk clerks made promises they didn't keep. Promised me a top floor room when I came back that evening, assigned me to second floor room
* Front desk evening clerk promised to have my folio under my door by 4:30AM the day I check out. Never saw the folio.
* First room had an odor coming from A/C, TV turned on by itself every 5 hours. Front desk said the TV was a known issue throughout the hotel.

In general:
* Disappointed with front desk staff, exception was older gentleman manning the desk in the morning, he was great.
* Kitchen / dining staff was excellent
* Facility appeared to be clean, but there were several minor things in the rooms that needed attention.
* Walls are not paper thin, but you can hear louder conversations and TV's from the room next door.
* Facility is wood frame construction, like your house. It is cheaper to build, but not as quiet as steel and concrete frame.

So the bottom line is that I might stay here again, but it would not be in my top 5 choices.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in mid to high 30's and lower 40's are closest to elevators
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2011

The staff is incredibly disconnected, it seems as though no one has any idea what is going on or any desire to do their job, and at times, very rude and unhelpful, clearly stemming from their lack of training, experience in the hotel business, or terrible management. There is nothing hospitable about this hotel and they ruined my trip with their attitude. The rooms themselves are poorly maintained and dirty. Save yourself by not staying here.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple