“Adequate”

Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Adequate”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

It was nothing special, like I'd expect from a Hilton. It was (like I said) adequate. Things that were less than good: the ac units were loud on and off. I solved this by turning the fan to the "on" position, so it stayed on all night. The outside noise is a bit much. I believe the wdws are poor quality. I solved this by the leaving of the fan on. The bathroom door was in the way constantly. For some mysterious reason, it opens out. It's really beyond annoying when you have more than one person staying in the room. So I fixed this by taking the door off the hinges and throwing it out the window. The biggest problem was not necessarily the hotel's problem, but one that should be addressed. Any road-side hotel these days offers a free continental breakfast. Not this one. PLEASE BE ADVISED: do not stand in line for a hot breakfast. It will cost you 10$/person. You'll think it's complimentary, but it sadly is not. That really sucked, because I book rooms having added in the breakfast to my budget. So, in essence, this added 40$ to my room rate because I had kids. And then the next morning, we had only cold cereal and fruit. Those are free. Okay..next. The hottub was luke warm. It was the kind of warm you worry causes bacteria to thrive, so it's best to stay away, and the jets didn't work. The elevator is slow, so I used the stairs whenever we were close. And the floors are very creaky. I solved this by calling the front desk. They weren't able to re-engineer the floors while we were there, but did call the room above me and have them tip-toe. That was nice.

Beth and Brian

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
HGIRoundRock, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
I’m so sorry you experienced noise with your air conditioning unit during your stay. Our maintenance staff works diligently to keep them in excellent condition and we are sorry to hear you didn’t experience that. We have also had the hot tub serviced. Thank you for comments. We try our best to use them to improve both our service and our product. Please consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area. We’d love to have a chance to make your stay with us the best hotel experience you’ve ever had.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Woodbury,CT
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I wasn't expecting a super experience for a Hilton Garden Inn, but this one really disappoints. The lobby was very nice, but everything went downhill from there. Ugly hallway carpeting, very worn and dingy room carpet, noticeably cracked and marked ceiling in the room, bathtub drain that left me standing in 6 inches of water, and a fluorescent bulb that flickered so much it gave me a headache. I will not be returning.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
HGIRoundRock, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. We will use your comments as an example while we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
The Colony
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Rush trip to Austin, sleep fast and go home to Dallas. Called 2 weeks out and booked room at Hilton Garden, Round Rock. We knew we would not arrive until after 10 pm and would be out by 8 am. We have stayed at the property multiple times, it has been great. When booking room asked if hotel was full - No, not even close. Requested quiet room away from elevator and machines. Arrived at 10:45 PM or so, asked front desk if room was quiet. Told was great room. We were on 3rd floor across from elevator and ice and coke machines. Requested to be moved. Told unable due to hotel was full. Next thing you know, someone has a key and is trying to get into our room. They had double booked our room. Contacted management. They were on it. Granted did not sleep much but they fixed everything and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Elevators. Ask to be on the South side against the field.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
HGIRoundRock, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
I appreciate your candid review of your recent stay at our property. I apologize for the room assignment not meeting your expectations as comfort and safety is our highest priority for our guests. I have reviewed your comments with our front desk team. We also apologize about the double-booked room situation. I am glad to hear that our staff fixed the problem and thank you for saying you would stay with us again. I sincerely hope you will the next time your travels bring you to the area.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 21 September 2012

The staff was very nice and accommodating, but I would not choose to stay at this particular Hilton again because apparently traveling high school sports teams stay here frequently, and are very disruptive. Not only did they make a lot of noise out in the hallway past 11 pm, but three of the boys sexually harassed me in the elevator, repeatedly using slang for female genitalia and doing everything they could to put me in a state of fear and intimidation. I don't appreciate that behavior anywhere, but I especially resent it when I am in a place that is supposedly a bit higher class. I feel that I paid Hilton rates for a ghetto experience.

Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
HGIRoundRock, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
I'm sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. The health and safety of our guests is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the issue in the elevator. Your comments have helped us to improve our guest experience and we will now be requiring all of the team chaperones/coaches to sign a code of conduct letter at check in. We think this will help prevent this type of negative experience from happening again. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed at this Garden Inn for parents visiting day at Southwestern University in Georgetown, which is only a few exits away, maybe 15 minutes, to the school. The hotel turned out to be right across from the Outlet Mall, as well as a few exits down from Ikea a, so it is also a good location for a shopping trip.
The hotel was very crowded when we were there, with several groups of soccer players. The staff was very polite, and the room was quiet despite the crowds. There are several restaurants in the shared parking lot, which is nice since you can park at the hotel and then just walk over to the restaurants. We ate breakfast at the hotel, which was good, but there are several restaurants nearby that serve breakfast as well.
This hotel had a good location and good service, the room was comfortable, with a sleep number bed, and quiet. The only odd thing was there was no bar for the hotel, although they had wine and beer in the little market in the lobby. Maybe local laws? When we asked about it they said the bar was closed, I guess permanently, since it was 7PM and too early for it to be closed for the night.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevators-the ice machines are very noisy and the elevators are very...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank dagny111
Thank you for your comments, we feel we are in a great location as well. We also considering opening the bar in the future. Again, thanks for your comments.
california
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Really nice lobby. Looked very new until we got to our rooms; chipped enamel on bathtub, paint on door jam scratched off. You could adjust the firmness of the beds, though... a plus. We mistakenly thought that breakfast was included. Nope. It was $10 pp so we decided to walk next door to the Cracker Barrel. GREAT food there that cost less.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed here under my Hilton discount. I usually stay in downtown Austin, but nothing was available. This hotel was right off I-35 and was close to a lot of restaurants, which was great. It was a short drive into Austin. I recall speaking with Juan and Joe. Juan helped me fix some errors on my team member rate reservation with no problems at all, and Joe showed a lot of sympathy when I mentioned that our door to our room was left wide open by housekeeping. Thank goodness nothing went missing. I actually had a good amount of cash in the room on the table next to the TV. The property exterior is very well-managed with the surrounding landscape of beautiful flowers. Our rooms, however, weren't the cleanest. There were little hairs here and there that were easily noticable, especially in the bathroom. Also, the bathrooms need major renovation. The girl who checked me in was also very nice, I do not recall her name. When trying to get back into the hotel through side entrances, I was locked out several times. There is some kind of defect in those things and it definitely needs to be fixed being that it serves as a major inconvenience. Walking around the property just to get back into your room is no fun. It happened to all of my friends as well. When I called to ask for a late check out (I was just asking, not demanding) a lady by the name of Maria pretty much screamed at me saying she could only do one out my two rooms. There is a fine line between being assertive, and being rude. I have a strong feeling she did that just to feel a sense of some power. Not every staff member you come across with will always be kind, I learned that fast when I began working in the hotel industry and throughout my several stays in different hotels. I've seen it all in the last 4 1/2 years. In summary, I would have given this hotel a 5 star if my party and I did not experience several issues.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends