“Poor Housekeeping”

Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Upon entering our room, we found a used drinking glass in the bathroom. We also discovered a used men's white dress shirt and green tie in the drawers under the TV. We had to chase down a waiter on Sunday morning to get our bill.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Barbara P
HGIRoundRock, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

I am very disturbed to hear you found these items in your room and I will take it up with our housekeeping department immediately. I will also speak with our wait staff to ensure more prompt service in the future. Please accept my sincerest apologies and thank you for letting us know about the issues you experienced.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

This hotel did not quite meet my expectations for a Hilton branded hotel. Overall, the hotel was clean, and the breakfast was great. However, it was probably the noisiest hotel room in which I have stayed. I could hear noises from the adjacent rooms, room above and hallway. I had to keep the air conditioner running to be able to sleep through the noises. Fortunately, it had a loud fan and masked some of the other sounds.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIRoundRock, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

I'm very sorry noise wan an issue during your stay with us. That's not usually the case. I do hope the staff and room were satisfactory and that you will give us another try when you return to the area. Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My family stayed here with a wedding party. The personal and attentive service started at check in with John and continued throughout our 5 day stay. It is well located with easy access to rental cars and restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Great service is what we are trying to provide on a daily basis. Thanks for the pat on the back. I'm sure John will be excited to be mentioned in your review of our hotel. Came back to see us again soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Great business hotel -- incredibly helpful staff. And I love having an actual chef at breakfast. The only problem was the sign is hard to see from the Interstate -- so I called the hotel and the desk clerk enthusiastically guided me to the hotel and welcomed me upon arrival.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I appreciate your excellent review will share it with our team today. I'll also check the sign to make sure it is lit up propperly! Have a geat day and please hurry back.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

The staff worked well with us as we had rooms for a tennis team and rooms for parents. Many hotels struggle to get this correct, but these guys made it happen and everything was smoothe. I have said what I need to say, but this survey won't take it unless it has 200 characters, so I hope this makes the count.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for your review and I hope your team did well. We have certainly served our fair share of teams over the years with Round Rock being the "Sports Capital of Texas", and we enjoy them all. Your review also taught me something that I honestly did not know....that the reveiws had to be two hundred characters or more. You learn something new every day! Thanks again for your review and we hope you will return the next time your team comes this way.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was an adequate hotel for a one night stay. Lobby was pretty, rooms were nice, beds were comfortable with lots of pillows. Breakfast wasn't free, about $10, and not much better than the free ones at the other hotels. There are a couple of good restaurants right by the property, Salt Grass Steakhouse being one of them, so didn't even need to get in the car to go to dinner.

I probably won't stay here again because of the extra $$ for breakfast, which wasn't all that special for the extra $$.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

I appreciate your review and I'm glad your stay was enjoyable. Unfortunately, we cannot offer a free breakfast because of our brand standards, but I would love to hear what we could do to improve on what we do provide. Feel free to contact me directly if you would like to share your thoughts on breakfast. Thanks for your time reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Service is top notch and the reason I would return. Rooms could use some updating. Bed linens should be refreshed. Hot breakfast was very good. Chef will make whatever you want. yadayadayada I have 200 characters by now I would think why is this not posting..

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review. I will share it with the team. I'm sure they will be very pleased with your review of them. Thanks again.