“Nice hotel, friendly clean”

Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We've stayed many times at this hotel due to the proximity of it to Georgetown and Southwestern University. It's always been a winner with nice staff and reasonably priced made to order cooked breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIRoundRock, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. I'll share your comments with our team. We hope you'll come back soon to see the lobby renovations we are about to begin. It's nice now, but will soon be een nicer. Thanks for staying with us when you come our way. We really do appreciate it.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

there were a number of things that went wrong and a seeming lack of concern to correct them, the phone near the bed did not work, the front desk missed a wakeup call, they would or could not provide any area restaurants to visit, etc.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I'm very disappointed to read your review and the impression you have about our team. I typically get great reviews about the friendliness of our team. We share our parking lot and are withing walking distance to atleast four of the best restaurants in Round Rock and work very closely with many others, so I'm especially surprised to hear that the team had no recommendations for restaurants. I will definitely discuss your review with the entire team. Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments, as we use these to try and improve on the service we provide.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Excellent value for the money - courteous staff, great value for breakfast, clean and quiet - stayed several times and always reliably good. The location is an easy ride from Austin, close to outlets and an easy ride to Georgetown.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you. Our team works very hard to get reviews like this one. We think we do have a very convenient location as well. Come back to see us soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Beautiful and CLEAN hotel! The only reason I am giving the Sleep Quality a Terrible is because the mattress was sunk in and gave me a back ache. The hot breakfast was fabulous and only cost $10/person. The staff kept the trash cans emptied as there were quite a few volleyball teams staying there this past weekend. The eating area was spotless! Everything else was Excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I will share your comments with the team and commend them for the job they did. Sometimes it's quite difficult to keep the breakfast area presentable when feeding so many people. I'm glad to hear they were able to stay on top of it. Hurry back to see us.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Good location for our visit to Austin. Stayed a little further away because the room was cheaper, and nothing wrong with our stay. A little confusing at first about how to get to the place, but after a couple times we were fine.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your comments and we're glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will return whenever you are in the area again.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

There were exposed electrical wires under the AC unit. These wire were connected with "Electrical screw nuts". Such connections BY CODE must be enclosed in a box or inside the AC unit. If we had small children we would never have stayed in this room because it is a serious shock danger. Of lesser importance, the ice machine on the second floor was partially dismantled. We have stayed in many Hilton Garden Inns and this one is not of the quality we are used to.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIRoundRock, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

I am very sorry you found the a/c in that condition. The issue was immediately corrected. Thank you so much for bringing it to our attention.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Brought a whole group in for an event in town. Came to this hotel last year as well. Last year AND this year, this hotel was listed as a host hotel for the event. Paperwork states "breakfast included". Received breakfast last year. This year, the morning staff and management told all my kids that it "wasn't part of the deal". High School students not budgeted for expense, some paid, others went without breakfast only to have to compete at an athletic event on an empty stomach. When I brought this to the managements attention, they told me more of the same. I told them it was in our paperwork and the manager told me he didn't believe me and wanted to see it in print. Although we were on our way out of the door, I went back to my room, brought him the paper, and he still said, "Sorry." Bad public relations, especially when dealing with groups of kids. I even told him there were 2 hotels listed, you were more expensive, but we stayed here because breakfast was included. Again, all I got was "Sorry." This was the morning staff and management. The evening staff who checked us in was great. They even gave us preprinted coupons for breakfast vouchers which weren't honored by your morning crew. I'm a Hilton Honors Member and have been for years. Never experienced anything like this from any Hilton chain. Will NEVER stay there again and am making sure I let anyone I know about my experience. I'm ashamed for you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Juergen A

Thank you for letting us know about your morning experience. I checked the agreement and the rate did not include breakfast, but as you stated, it could have been handled much better. I will share this with our team in an effort make make sure there are no more situations like this in the future. Thank you again for your comments.