“Ain't worth a damn....”

Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The hotel was filled with black carpet beetles due to the renovations of the property. The Garden Inn on Parmer is awesome but this hotel is horrible in every way possible. The kitchen was closed also and the food was set out in a buffet style reminiscent of a cheap, hotel that you would catch in East Austin. The ice machine was broken on the 2nd floor and it took a day to get it fixed. Dirty carpets throughout the establishment doesn't help at all and the staff couldn't care less. Joe is the one exception to this rule who actually displayed a genuine concern for the hotel and the customers that pay their hard earned money to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. Disappointing and sad.....

Room Tip: Light beaming through this room due to the lamp post outside......stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Larry L
HGIRoundRock, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

I am so sorry about the beetles you encountered. That is not the norm around here, but the entire Round Rock area was suddenly over taken by them. The news stations even did stories on them. I had never seen anything like it myself. They said it was a phenomenon that happens every seven or so years. The good news is that they ae gone now. I'm also sorry about the breakfast set up. We always get very good reviews on our cooked to order breakfast, but the lobby and breakfast areas are undergoing a complete makeover that will be completed in a couple of more weeks. We have no choice but to serve breakfast in the banquet room until then. We are trying to offer the same great breakfast as always, but it is just impossible to do cook to order from there. I hope you will give us another try after the renovations are complete. I'm sure you will be impressed with what we are doing.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The room rate was high , coffee creamer provided spoiled
There isn't proper signs to notify guests of new check in location while temporary renovation , not enough towels provided , for being the Hilton not a returning customer

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane D

I'm sorry to hear you had a difficult time locating the temporary check-in entrance. We have added additional signage in hopes the new signs will make it easier to locate. I hope you will give us another chance to impress you after our lobby renovations are complete in a couple of weeks. It's going to be very nice. Again, I'm sorry you were less than satisfied with your stay. We will make every effort to make sure that doesn't happen in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I have chosen this hotel many times in the past. However, on our recent stay, the room in which we stayed had several problems including the smoke detector hanging from the wall, a dirty ice bucket, a broken thermostat cover, and mold in the bath tub caulking. Hilton has always been my choice when booking a hotel room. This trip left me disappointed in the brand.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PCAdams

I am very disappointed to read about your stay. I will share your review with our team and do everything possible to make sure these things never happen again. Please contact me if I can be of further assistance to you. I would like to make you feel comfortable that all neaccessary measures are being taken to correct any issues we may have.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a good, clean hotel that is a little worn around the edges, and is thin walled. It is very easy to hear conversations in adjoining rooms and the hallways. On this crowded weekend there were various conversations in the hallway during the night. I was there two nights, and had interrupted sleep both nights. Why don't folks know to be quiet in the hallways of hotels at 2:00 am? That is a mystery that cannot be answered here….nonetheless, the walls were very thin.

The staff were very nice and efficient. The breakfast is good, and is an additional ten dollars. There is a nice Keruig coffee maker in the room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank C I

Thanks for your review. I am so sorry you had your sleep interrupted while you were here though. We also sometimes wish guests would be more considerate of other guests when coming in late night. I am sorry they weren't. I'm gald you like the new Keruig coffee makers. We have received many compliments on them since they were placed in the rooms. Please come back to see us when you get a chance.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Convenient to I-35. Property is nice, parking area was well lit. There are several restaurants within one block including Rudy's, Chuy's, Jack Allen's Kitchen, a local favorite, and others. The staff was very friendly and helpful. If you want to eat breakfast at the property, they will even make you an omelette to order.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We're glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you very much for the review. I hope you'll come back to see the improvements we've made with a full lobby renovation that will be complete in a cuple of weeks and have anotheer omelette.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Staff is very helpful and everyone is smiling and welcoming. They make very quick accomadations and the rooms are beautiful. The A.C was perfect and breakfast is phenomonal. Make sure you order the omlet with everything in it. Definitely reccomend going to this hotel for any occasion.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

So glad you enjoyed the omelet and I hope you tried our chefs fresh made salsa with it. It gets great reviews too. Thanks for the review. I'll share your comments with the teamm.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Love the fact that it was so close to the outlet mall down the road. The breakfast here was so delicous as they make custom omelets at their buffet for you. I had wonderful service and a great night's sleep here and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Your taking the time to review our hotel is appreciated and we thank you for choosing to stay with us. Please come back to see our newly renovated lobby and restaurant on your next trip to the area. We will be through with the renovation in just a couple of weeks and think it will impress. Thanks again for the review.