“The front desk staff exceeded my expectations and the free breakfast was fantastic.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock

Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2009

The rooms were beautiful. I thought the hotel was brand new, but had, in fact, just been renovated. As I said, the front desk staff exceeded my expectations. They were warm, friendly, helpful, had great suggestions... We stayed two nights in a King suite w/ sleeper sofa which was perfect for us traveling with 3yr old and 17 yr old. The towels and duvets were much nicer than I'd anticipated and the bed was comfy. My teen didn't even complain about the sleeper sofa so it must have been very nice as well. The kitchenette which includes a ful size frig/freezer with icemaker, two burners, two pans, dishwasher, and necessary dishes was great. There was a granite eat on bar/desk area as well. The pool was wonderfully cool. Our room had two lcd tvs. Free breakfast was great and included oatmeal, cereals, juices, milk, a variety of breads, eggs, meat, and the best make your own Texas waffles. Mid week they also offer a dinner/snack so we took advantage of the simple sandwiches, chips, and shasta sodas one night and saved our dinner money for cokes at the ballpark. Loved it, got a great deal and would definitely stay there again if we're in the area.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2009

We have come to count on Staybridge to deliver and this time was no exception. Having lived in Austin for years and returning back for a city break I can tell you it is ideally situated in south Round Rock right off of the interstate. This means you can get right onto the access ramp next to the suites and be in Austin in mere minutes.

We booked through Priceline and got a great price, highly recommend going this route. The only negative about the room is the bathroom is not as nice as the rest of the room, they recently underwent some upgrades to the rooms and hotel but it appears not to the bathroom.

A tip if you are a light sleeper would be to ask for a room in the back of the hotel. Having a small child I did manage to ask for not near the elevator but left the location request out. It can get a bit noisy being near the highway.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Nacogdoches, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2009

This hotel is the best value i have ever stayed at. I got it on priceline for $53 a night for 4 nights total of $254. I asked for two beds and they gave it to us. They have happy hour in the evening where they give you free beer and dinner. Some nights pizza other nite nacho's. Free breakfast in the morning. Our rooms had kitchenette with dishwasher. Two flat screen tv's and a dvd player. The ac worked well and the beds were really comfortable. I have stayed in many hotels and this hotel is up at the top. I don't have anything bad to say about this place. Kudo's to the help.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
East Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2009

We bid through Priceline and this was the hotel it selected for us. The room was very nice and clean. It had a small kitchen area that was well-stocked. That funny "motel" odor was nowhere to be found...everything smelled good. Housecleaing replaced the towels, emptied the trash, and made the bed every day. Their free breakfast tasted good, but we would have liked a bigger selection. We didn't find the bed or pillows to be very comfortable, but I think that's because we're used to our Sleep Number bed at home! It's got us spoiled! :) The only problem we had was with our a/c unit. It refused to work. The front desk guy had to come up and mess with it. Turns out, the cover was smashing some of the wires inside, which caused it not to work. He moved the wires aside, put the cover back on, and it was fine after that. He gave us 2 cookies from their little store for our trouble. :) We had a nice experience with this hotel and would probably stay here again if we're ever in that area. Hey, for $60 per night through Priceline, it's a great deal!

• Liked — very clean room, extremely good value for price we paid
  • Disliked — problems with the a/c unit
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sacramento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2008

I booked this hotel through Priority Club Rewards for only 5,000 points so I was a bit anxious to see what is what like. When I arrived I was greeted by a very courteous young man who presented me with a gift bag and altered me to the fact that happy hour was still available. I proceeded to have a quick dinner of beer and fiesta pie. This turned out to be great after over six hours in the air and two flights.
The hotel is nothing special from the outside and is located along a frontage road in Round Rock, 12 miles north of downtown Austin. However the rooms are very large and contain a small kitchen with microwave, oven and all the essentials you need if you decide to cook in the room. The king size bed was comfortable. The bathroom had separate doors between the sinks and showers. All functions worked well in the room. The hotel was extremely busy taking calls and booking rooms since Hurricane Ike was arriving the next day. The breakfast was above average with eggs, sausage and a wide selection of fresh, not canned, fruit which was a change. The kitchen staff were extra courteous and helpful as well. There is also a small free business center in the hotel. Overall a great hotel and cheaper than a comparable Residence Inn.

• Liked — Large clean rooms
  • Disliked — Poor location
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
eustace,tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2008

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in!! Everything was perfect...no kidding. The room was immaculate and large. The air conditioner would get your room down to artic temps (remember I'm in Texas). The towels were large and soft. The breakfast buffet was well stocked with eggs, biscuits, oatmeal plus the usual cereals and fruits. The whole staff was pleasant and helpful.
Its the only hotel that I've stayed in that has FREE laundry facilities available, and free business services.
The hotel was easily accessible to all of the major attractions and restaurants as well as easy access to the interstate. With no highway noise in the rooms either.
My husband has been a touring road musician for years and has stayed in hotels from Australia to New York and he says its the most complete package of courtesy, cleanliness and comfort that he has ever experienced.
I am a new customer to the Staybridge Hotel chain.

• Liked — overall comfort from the size of the room to the size of the towels
  • Disliked — I can't say there was anything that I didn't like.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Fresno, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2008

We stayed here for three months and it was very hard for us to say good-bye. From the minute we walked in to register until the minute we left the service was A+++++. The front desk staff is incredible. It's nice to walk by the front desk and have them call you by name. Such personal service, and not only towards my husband and me, but towards our two dogs that we travel with. Our dogs looked forward to going downstairs to go do their business because they knew when they came in there would be an employee there to rub their tummy and just give them love. The maid staff was wonderful too. Always there to get us what we needed, and the sfaff that prepared the breakfast and evening receptions were wonderful.

While we were there, the hotel went through ownership change and it was handled without a hitch. You couldn't tell that this change was going on at all. The new owners were already making some wonderful changes.

Special thanks to Vicki, Dana, Chris, Jameson, Clifton, and Steve. All of you made our stay wonderful and know that if we are ever back in your neck of the woods, we know where we will be staying.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for an extended stay hotel and those that are traveling with pets.

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — The large groups of kids that seemed to show up on the weekends
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
AGMRoundRockTexas, AGM at Staybridge Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this review, 3 July 2008
Thank you for your response and we miss you too. We look forward to having you and the babies return for a visit and we promise to rub their tummies and give them all the love they need. Hope that will be soon. Keep in touch and again, thank you for the kind words and wonderful review.