“Just like on line”

Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Portland
“Just like on line”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I chose this hotel based on the amenities and photos I was able to see on line. Everything was just as it appeared on line. Management staff was accommodating and friendly - even producing a cork screw when I requested one. The business area is more than adequate with plenty of space and light, and it's really nice to have a small microwave and fridge in the room. If I had one improvement to suggest, it would be the lighting over the bathroom sink - it's a bit dim for make up application. Nice room layout, beautiful colors - overall, just a really nice space. And it's really close to Rudy's BBQ - you can't ask for more than that.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kinepeli
Brent H, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Kinepeli,

Thank you so much for staying with us at the SpringHill Suites in Round Rock! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area. Thank you for the suggestion about the mirror. We always look forward to hearing constructive feedback about our hotel. And we also appreciate you giving Rudy's BBQ a shout out; it is one of our favorites too!

Yours Sincerely,

Brent Hageman
SpringHill Suites Round Rock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
San Fran
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I show up at 11:30 on a Sunday morning after a long trip. I just want to grab a shower, change and try to feel like a human being. I should also memtion that I am a Gold Marriott member, which takes a lot of stays to achieve. I have also been doing business travel for over 30 years.

First, I walk up to the front desk. Nobody is there. I see the office where a young woman, who is sitting in a chair facing me, is intently doing something with her phone, trxting, tweeting, whatever. Presumably not what Marriott is paying her for. After an uncomfortably long time being ignored, I make a noise and she sees she actually has a customer interrupting her.

She comes over and I ask if I can check in. She tells me that checkin us at 2pm and rhat they have been busy. I don't doubt that, but I can't help noticing that their parking lot is almost completely empty, meaning that most people have already checked out. I politely ask if Gold status would help me get the first available room.

She starts tapping on her keyboard where she looks me up (and presumably confirms my status). She tells me I don't have a reservation. I explain that I used a prepaid site (which of course qualifies me as subhuman). She confirms my reservation and tells me, "you know, you're not getting any points for this". I understand this, in fact I have been aware of every item that Miss Captain Obvious has been telling me.

I ask again if they might have some room ready soon. She tells me again that 2pm is chrckin but if I leave my number she might call me.

As I write this, it has now been 90 minutes since that charming interaction. And I am waiting at a hotel lobby down the road. It's a nicer lobby and the people here have been nice to me even though I'm not a guest (I wish I were).

So, all I can say is, thank you Sarah, for the warm greeting and all of your efforts to make a Gold member feel welcomed and appreciated. I hope you future career in texting or tweeting works out for you.

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank trvlin_man
Cara E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear trvlin_man,

You indicated in your response that your guest check-in experience was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Spent two nights here with spouse on two-night stay. Short (25 min) drive to downtown Austin. Just off I-35. Lots of parking. Lovely decor. Spacious room (#410, king n/s).

Nice sitting area and wet bar with fridge/microwave and sink, plus 4-cup coffee pot. 4 pillows on comfy bed. Good light for reading in bed. Lighting in sitting area by couch isn't good for reading on the sofa. Desk and chair, too.

Free wifi, but requires login each time you use it (annoying, but I'll do this if I don't have to pay for wifi). Clock radio is iHome brand. Nice!

Breakfast is expanded hot breakfast with eggs, sausage, yogurt, granola, breads/bagels, muffins, juice, coffee. No waffles here. Interior corridors. Mini-mart in lobby. Great staff.

Would stay here again!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Saranger
Thank you so much for your response! We are so happy that you enjoyed staying with us!

Have a great day!

NS
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Was able to use Marriott Points to stay here for SXSW going on downtown. Austin was pretty much sold out and 'sxsw event' pricing was insane. This property was a relatively easy drive into Austin and we enjoyed our stay and SXSW. Big bonus was the factory outlets just down the feader road. Also was surprised how good the Mexican food was at the spot across the parking lot.

Would have rated all 5s, but I am not normally a fan of the Springfield Suites decor. However, this property was well run and maintained, and the overall stay was very good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Cara E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear grannygearNs,

Thank you so much for your review! We really enjoyed having you stay with us.

Should you need anything in the future, do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a great day!

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We had a very nice stay here. Check in was very friendly and we received a nice little bag of candies as a little welcome gift. Our room was very large and it had the largest sofa (four cushions) we've ever seen in a hotel room. I have stayed in many SHS hotels and this layout was what I’d describe as transitional; it was not the older style and wasn’t quite the new modern style - it was somewhere comfortably between the two. The AC was set in a good position so that it blew across the foot of the bed. The room had the typical sink separated from the toilet and shower as most SHS hotels have. Our bed seemed a tad soft but it didn’t interfere with my sleep quality and the feather pillows (which I usually enjoy) were a little more overstuffed and firmer than I prefer. I used the microwave and noticed that they had taken the time to place a couple of plastic wrapped paper plates and utensil packages inside. This was a thoughtful touch. Our only complaint was the internet - it was very spotty and at times moved at the speed of dial up!!
Breakfast was good - the OJ was nice and the coffee was a little on the weak side (for my tastes anyway). They had lots of food choices for breakfast - eggs, bacon, oatmeal, cold ham slices, cheese slices, sweet bread and pastries and wheat bread for toast. I was impressed with the oatmeal stir ins: golden raisins, agave syrup, honey, brown sugar, walnuts. I can’t recall seeing agave syrup anywhere before! All in all we had a very nice stay. We also appreciated the recommendation that we make sure we get a glazed doughnut at Round Rock doughnut!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Cara E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear AGoingGal,

Thank you so much for your recent review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay! Please come and see us soon!

Palmetto, Florida
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Convenient if Round Rock is your destination- but it you're trying to get to any place in Austin you'll be faced with 20 miles of traffic Armageddon. As for the hotel itself- indoor pool and hottub and breakfast with healthy choices is a bonus. Rooms- beds are comfortable, but one side of the room is dark and depressing (the side with the desk/ as seems to be common for this brand). Nice coffee and tea in the lobby and computers that work. Overall, not bad.

• Stayed February 2014
Cara E, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear sethreaux,

Thank you so much for your review! I am so sorry that you had to sit in traffic, while visiting us! That is never fun! And thank you for letting us know your thoughts on the darkness of the desk area. I will look into that to see if we can get some brighter lights in that area of the room.

Please come back and see us soon!

Sioux Falls, SD
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Whenever I travel to Austin for work, I always stay at a Springhill Suites. This was my first time at the Round Rock location and everything was just as expected.

Great staff, great location close to lots of food (Jack Allen's kitchen, Carino's, Chuy's Rudy's, etc) and only 15min to downtown Austin. Rooms were clean, a quiet hotel with good FREE breakfast. If you're in the area and need a place to stay, you won't be disappointed.

The pool and hot tub definitely need an upgrade, but I am sure that is a large expense.

Room Tip: Make sure to eat at Jack Allen's kitchen right next door and order the Chicken Fried Pork Loin...