“AMAZING hotel! Clean Rooms, Great Staff!”

Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 24 June 2011

I have HIGHLY enjoyed MANY stays at Hampton Inn Round Rock, Rooms and Beds are always fresh and clean, employees are very friendly and strive hard to accommodate all requests. I look forward to the Make you own waffles during breakfast, and the rates are very reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank BriDan31310
HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2011

Thank you for taking time to write such a wonderful review of your stay at our hotel! We pride ourselves on providing top notch customer service and we are genuinely grateful that you went out of your way to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay here. I invite you and your family to return to the Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock. Thank you for choosing to be our guest. We loved having you here!!!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock

Reviewed 27 May 2011

BEWARE of room 215!!! The staff was nice & helpful. One of the elevator went out of serivce Saturday morning & was still out of service when we left on Sunday afternoon. The hotel had a lot of guest including our baseball team, which made the wait for one long & crowded when it did come. The breakfast egg mixture was yulk! Beacon, yulk! AND to top it off.... I returned home to later find out I have been eaten up by BED BUGS!!!! I went to the dr $$$, got meds $$$ & i'm going nuts with the itching!!!! and now have to worry about a secondary infection from the bites! I have the bites on my legs, up the arm, on side of my face & up to my forehead!! You can see the blood sucking trail they took. I will contact the health dept & media about your hotel and will include pictures to support my claim along with the medical bills. This weekend is a holiday weekend that I planned to spend with my family on the lake but will now have to limit because of the meds i'm on & the risk of infection. Last weekend cost me over $200 to say at this hotel & the expense has gone on this week with Dr bill & meds. Not to mention, I now have feelings of things crawling on me and it totally freaks me out!!! Thanks to my stay at your hotel, I now know what it feels like to have bed bugs bites! Ive attached a photo of just one of the spots they feasted on my blood. NOT GOOD!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Free2BeMe247
HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2011

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel. We are always grateful when a guest takes time out of their busy lives to provide us with feedback.

I would like to personally apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the elevator and disappointment you expressed regarding the eggs and bacon at breakfast. The complimentary breakfast we provide with each of our rooms includes a wide variety of breakfast items including a “make your own” waffle station, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit assortment, and hot items which rotate on a daily basis.

While we most certainly regret the health issues that you have experienced since your stay, and the stress associated with the entire situation, I am unable to substantiate your claim of encountering bed bugs within our hotel. We have conducted a thorough inspection of room 215, and did not find any evidence of bed bugs.

Thank you again for taking the time to comment about your stay. In today’s world a guest comment can make or break a future guest’s decision regarding lodging. It is our desire here at the Hampton Inn Austin -Round Rock to exceed each of our guest’s expectations whether it is their first stay or their 35th stay. While we were unable to accomplish this during your last stay, I personally invite you to return to the hotel and am confident that should you allow us another opportunity to do so, that we will not fall short.

Reviewed 20 April 2011

In terms of the raw rooms, this is strictly average for a hotel of it's type. Two things really killed it for me. First was the sound: they play music at the front entry, and you can hear it in all the rooms on the front side of the building (in addition to the music of the 35.) Further, there seems to be a lot of other sounds, and precious little insulation. I'm on my third room, after a broken air conditioner wouldn't go off (they couldn't get anyone to fix it) and the second proved to be right next to the speakers out front. (BTW, they apparently run the music 24/7, they just "turn down" the music after a certain hour or on customer complaint.)

Also, breakfast was just plain awful.

Room Tip: Back side (odds #s) and high up
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Clark033
HamptonRoundRock, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2011

I am truly appreciative when a guest takes the time to share their concerns or disappointments with us. I would like to take this opportunity to personally apologize for the inconvenience that you dealt with regarding the music, a/c unit and food selection at breakfast.

I want to thank you for being our guest as I know there are so many choices these days on where you can stay when you travel. Although I certainly regret the problems that occurred during your stay with us, I am very glad that you shared your concerns. By allowing us the opportunity to address these situations, we can prevent a recurrence and a future guest’s disappointment. We have taken steps to correct the volume of our music by actively monitoring the volume level of the music. Our breakfast provides guests with many options including hard boiled eggs, a variety of hot breakfast items including omelets and tasty waffles as well as a healthy selection of yogurts and bagels. I apologize that we fell short of your expectations. With our warm Texas weather, I know it can be rather frustrating to have a air conditioning unit that is not properly working. I am truly sorry that we were not able to fix it at the time the problem occured.

Thank you again for your comments. We value your patronage and certainly hope that we may serve you in the future. I welcome you to return and ask that if you do, you contact me personally and I will be most happy to make your reservation and ensure that you have a trouble free stay with us the next time. It is our goal to exceed guest’s expectations and I am certain that should you give us the opportunity to do so, the next time, we will not fall short.

Regards,

Lindsay Wilson

Reviewed 6 April 2011

stayed for a night at the hotel. nice mid range place with joe's crab shack next door. close to the main road and the corporate area. clean and well set up place with a good breakfast and other amenities. what makes the difference is the absolutely rocking customer service i received during my stay. this was one of those trips where i had more than my share of issues thanks to forgetfullness and the staff went out of their way, literally, to get me evrything. i will come back to this place again and again just for the way they treated me. you should too .

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
HamptonRoundRock, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback regarding your experience here at the Hampton Inn. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for choosing to be our guest. We loved having you here!

Reviewed 4 January 2011

I must say this is one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in. Our family travels often and we have children ages 6, 8, and 14. We checked in and were greeted by a friendly front desk and where given local area coupons to use while we were in town. Our room was beautiful, clean and comfy. We called down and asked for extra towels and the front desk had them sent to us immediately. Breakfast the next morning was fantastic. Everyone in the family was able to find an item to satisfy. That is not always easy in a family of our size and age difference. The worker in the breakfast area dotted on the kids and took really good care of us, even giving us local area directions and suggestions where we could take the kids for fun. I would say the most awesome part of our stay would have been hitting that awesome bed in the evening after playing with the kids all day. Those beds are awesome, right down to the fresh smelling sheets. I really want one of those beds! In closing, we thought our experience at the Hampton Inn in Round Rock was fantastic and would highly recommend this hotel as a must stay, especially for families.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay here at the Hampton Inn Austin Round Rock. We loved having you and your family here as our guests, and very much look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future!

Reviewed 14 November 2010

We usually try to stay at Hampton Inns because they are generally very good. We requested a non-smoking room, were told it was, but it clearly wasn't. They tried to spray over the smell, but it didn't work at all. They claimed to have no rooms to move us to that were non smoking. After 2 days of staying we have to clean every article in our possession that was in the room and are airing out our luggage and other non washable items outside.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank ASOSU
Rick F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2016

Dear ASOSU,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! Your feedback is very important to us! We hope to see you again very soon!

Rick Fleishauer

Reviewed 5 September 2010

Chose this hotel based on the rave reviews on this website but was extremely dissapointed!

Pros: Check in went well with a great front desk employee who helped with directions and suggestions for dining. And the gentleman tending to the breakfast buffet was extremely efficient at keeping things stocked and very friendly. No problems whatsoever internet being slow.

Cons: Went to the room for about 10 minutes after check in then left for dinner. When I returned it was obvious someone had been in the room and moved quite a few things around from where I had put them. Luckily I had not left any of my important personal belongings nor my suitcase. I called the desk asking about this and all they said was "no one should have been in your room".

Impossible to sleep with the traffic noise from a busy road that is maybe 20 feet from one corner of the hotel. This is not the interstate highway but a smaller road that leads to business area. Luckily I wasn't on the ground floor. Can't image how bad that would be. Even with the A/C running it didn't drown out the road noise.

Sheets and pillow cases had an odor that was very unpleasant. They appeared to be clean but the smell was definitely an issue. This was an issue every day so it must be whatever they wash the sheets with. It wasn't a bleach smell but more like how your clothes smell when you've been outside sweating for several hours! Bed was also very uncomfortable (not up to level of other Hamptons I've stayed at).

Returned to the hotel one day at 5:00 p.m. and housekeeping had not been in. Called the desk and was told they were done for the day and had a very busy day with the hotel being full the night before. After some discussion that didn't resolve the issue I asked if I could at least get some clean towels and was told they'd try.

Started to get ready to go out for the evening and within 5 minutes of my call to the desk someone is banging at the door. It's 3 women with the housekeeping cart. I tried to tell them to give me 15 minutes to shower and change. They nodded and I closed the door locking all locks. Within 5 more minutes the banging on the door started again and they used their key to try and enter and kept trying to push the door open! If I had not used the security latch they would have barged right in during my shower. I hurried to get ready, loaded up all my belongings (due to the incident the first evening) and left as soon as I could.

Parking was a real problem when returning around 10:30 -11:00 p.m. at night. Had to park in the restaurant lot next door one time. Waited about 20 minutes for someone to leave to leave then grabbed the slot. Restaurant was closed and wasn't sure if vehicles might be towed.

While this hotel has very high ratings I definitely will not recommend it after my experience. And I definitely would NOT stay here again

• Stayed: August 2010