“Problems with Room Key”

Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Dont have anything to bad to say about our stay here. The room was spacious and had nice amenites. The hallways were dark and the floor had a weird odor. Parking was close to the door but the nighttime key card entrance lock didnt work. Right off the highway so expect noise. It wasnt the best nor was it the worst.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
RobinBeadles, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for completing the hotel evaulation and adding your comments.
I am glad that you enjoyed our spacious guest room and room amenities.
We will certainly look into the lighting of the hallway as well as the other issues that you mentioned.
Thank you, and hopefully you will try us again.
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, rooms were always clean, staff was extra friendly. Wonderful conference center with ample room for all of our needs. On top of that, Monce went above and beyond to help our conference go off without a hitch! Made the weekend perfect.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us. Hearing about extra friendly service and Monce in particular is music to our ears.So glad to know that the conference you attended was such a success. We hope your group will repeat the event next year.
We appreciate your comments and your business.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My 2 girls and I stayed there one night during a cartoon convention that was going on in their conference center...big mistake!!! that should of raised a huge red flag but I didn't think anything of it!! people walking all over hotel in weird costumes.
The room given to us did not have a working security lock so I asked to be moved. I was told there was only one left on first floor, so I took it. The security lock did not work in this room either. The nightmare began at around 11 p.m. The convention ended so people went back into the room above us and started to party. I thought this would probably end by midnight assuming that hotel would have some kind of policy regarding loud noise and too many people in one room..by 1 a.m I decided to report it to front desk. What I was told next was so ridiculous! They said that the people above me had requested karaoke a few months earlier and that they were sorry but they could not do anything about the noise and that the room was empty for that reason, because of the karaoke..I wish someone would of told me that before they offered it to me! I could not believe it!! We could hear everything that was being said by all by these people..profanity and all.
I asked to be moved but was told that no rooms with double beds were available. They had one with a king bed so I took it..we were finally moved a little after 2 a.m. The young guy at front desk that night was very helpful, he brought key to the room and offered to walk my girls and I to our other room. Unfortunately this was the only good thing about our stay there.
Oh and the fact that the lady we checked out with refunded our money..she was also very nice and apologetic about the whole thing. But the horrible experience, we will never forget.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Kbj92
Dear Guest,
I am so sorry to hear about the excessive noise near your room on your recent stay with us.Yes, a major convention was here using the majority of our guest rooms. We do make every effort to assign rooms not with the group on a separate floor, but as we were totally sold out we did not have many options on that night. I am surprised that two of our rooms had a non-functioning secuirty lock, and we will most certailnly be checking all locks to insure that they are all working.Guest safety must never be compromised . Even though a full refund was given it does not replace the value of a pleasant nights sleep.Please accept our sincere apology and please consider giving us another chance to serve you better in the future.
Travellers also viewed these Round Rock hotels
Hilton Garden Inn Austin/Round Rock
Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock
Candlewood Suites Austin-Round Rock
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Round Rock

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!