“It went from bad to worse, fast!”

Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed there last week. The room was not as spacious with two double beds. The beds were low and small. The TV was small and even though we had an HBO tv guide, there was no HBO channel. There was a musty smell. The swimming pool was closed because it was dirty and everyday it was getting "cleaned". The ice machine had its good days and some bad days. The business center did not have a working printer. All that I would have thrown under the rug, UNTIL, we were woken up at 3 am one of the nights by a staff member which was absolutely UNACCEPTABLE in my book. He called twice on the phone and then came to know our door. He was looking for someone so I don't know if he did that to every guest staying there.

The only positive thing I can say about this hotel was that the breakfast had a lot of choices. Other than that, I won't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
RobinBeadles, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Guest,
We apologize for the mishaps that you experienced during your recent stay at our round Rock Wingate.
We have replaced the printer for the business center and the ice machine now and we are sorry these were not working well when you were here,
We aplogize for the staff member knocking on your door. In an attempt to help a guest he mistakenly approched your door rather than the other guest's door.
We have addressed the hotel policy with this staff member and provided him with better options to have handled the incident. I sincerely hope that you will consider giving us another chance to better serve you in the future

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had room 101 which is a king room. Room was nice size and bed very comfortable. There was a musty smell, but the room was very clean. This room is near the front desk and elevators, but it was quiet considering there was a bus load of kids staying in the hotel. Breakfast is a hot breakfast and was eggs, bacon, potatoes, and you can prepare your own waffle. The morning and evening staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Room 101 is nice clean room with king bed.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Karl A
RobinBeadles, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for choosing the Wingate Round Rock for your recent trip to our area.I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed many of our features such as breakfast and oversized comfortable rooms.Thank you for sharing your experience with future guests that will read your favorable review.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very nice staff and a clean room. The hotel must have at one time permitted smoking the odor was still quite strong by the curtains. Breakfast selection was extensive and included my favorite (Bacon). It is by the interstate so you will hear the traffic all night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
RobinBeadles, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Wingate by Wyndham on your recent trip to Round Rock. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. We will certainly replace or professionaly clean the curtains in the room that you were in. We apologize for the unpleasant oder.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Feeling frustrated after being on the road for 6 hours, I just wanted to check into my room and go to bed. Upon walking into the Hotel, I was greeted by Wanda, the Front Desk clerk. Wanda made me feel instantly welcomed. I can't remember a time that I was made to feel that I was the only customer that mattered. In fact by day 2, I felt we were old friends. (I hope you are still working there next year when I come back for the Soap Convention). Was it her professionalism, her fantastic smile or bubbly personality? I am not sure. One thing I do know is Wingate by Wyndham in Round Rock, Texas has a "real gift".

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and for acknowledging our front desk agent Wanda. She has such a friendly way of interacting with our customers.I am glad that she made your stay a memorable one. The Lone Star Soap and Toiletries Convention is an annual event and one of our very favorites. We look forward to seeing you all next year if not sooner.
Thank you again!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Nice hotel, pleasant staff. Breakfast excellant. Only problem we experienced was with the ice machines. When we first arrived the ice machine on our floor did not work but we could use another machine on the ground floor later in our stay the ground floor ice machine stopped working so there were no ice machines working in the hotel. the front desk sent one of their people over to the conference center to bring us back a bucket of ice which we appreciated. The carpet is so loose on the third floor that it is a tripping hazard, it needs to be fixed or replaced.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock. We apologize for the inconvenience of the ice machine not working during your four day stay with us and we appeciate your patience.We have replaced the ice machine on the top floor and repaired the ground floor machine. We are replacing all of the hall carpeting very soon.Please visit us again.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed here over a confrence, the confrence center is great 10 thumbs up to the front desk agents not to mention Moncie she is an extrordinarry expert in customer service.John that tries so hard but still a little confused =)
The one issue that got to me is the breakfast area, I think it should be mandatory that the breakfast attendant wears a hair cap and gloves. and the little girl helping the breakfast lady should be checked on. Does she have a healtk card..just a concern from my part..other than that wingate you are so good to me.

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your business and for writing the review of your stay.I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the conference center for your event.Thank you for acknowledging our front desk staff and for your suggestions regarding the breakfast staff.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
RobinBeadles, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014