Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed two nights for a conference. All in all Wingate is good value for the room rate. I did experience a rather unpleasant surprise when I pulled back my sheets and the sheets had obviously not been changed. I asked the front desk clerk to come and inspect it and she did and immediately changed me to another room and also sent a young man down to help me relocate my luggage. The room she relocated me to was clean. The food at the conference was exceptionally good. The property could use some basic upgrading. The microphones cut in and out and it was terribly distracting. Managements response was the connections in the michs were loose and they tried to tape the batteries in place but it did no good. This could be a real deal breaker for conferences so I hope they get this resolved properly and soon. I have attended meetings here several times over the years and it appears some measures need to be taken to restore Wingate to a higher level of customer experience as in years past.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
RobinBeadles, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your business and for taking the time to alert us on the issues encountered that were not satisfactory during your visit both in the guestroom and conference center.
We certainly want to provide an excellent environment for meetings to run smoothly and are currentlly upgrading the sound system in the conference center. It seems that we did have a mishap with some new equipment and we are correcting that problem.I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the catered meals during your conference. Thank you again for your comments we want and need our guest's feedback and I assure you that the matters brought to our attention will be remedied .

Reviewed 3 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
RobinBeadles, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Reviewed 1 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
RobinBeadles, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Not easy to get to and not many parking places or entrances from parking to get into the hotel. But the rooms were nice, clean and quiet and the breakfast was to die for. I was there for an event in Granger and this was the only hotel I felt familiar with.

Room Tip: Close to getting to Granger, TX
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed there last week. The room was not as spacious with two double beds. The beds were low and small. The TV was small and even though we had an HBO tv guide, there was no HBO channel. There was a musty smell. The swimming pool was closed because it was dirty and everyday it was getting "cleaned". The ice machine had its good days and some bad days. The business center did not have a working printer. All that I would have thrown under the rug, UNTIL, we were woken up at 3 am one of the nights by a staff member which was absolutely UNACCEPTABLE in my book. He called twice on the phone and then came to know our door. He was looking for someone so I don't know if he did that to every guest staying there.

The only positive thing I can say about this hotel was that the breakfast had a lot of choices. Other than that, I won't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
RobinBeadles, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Guest,
We apologize for the mishaps that you experienced during your recent stay at our round Rock Wingate.
We have replaced the printer for the business center and the ice machine now and we are sorry these were not working well when you were here,
We aplogize for the staff member knocking on your door. In an attempt to help a guest he mistakenly approched your door rather than the other guest's door.
We have addressed the hotel policy with this staff member and provided him with better options to have handled the incident. I sincerely hope that you will consider giving us another chance to better serve you in the future

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had room 101 which is a king room. Room was nice size and bed very comfortable. There was a musty smell, but the room was very clean. This room is near the front desk and elevators, but it was quiet considering there was a bus load of kids staying in the hotel. Breakfast is a hot breakfast and was eggs, bacon, potatoes, and you can prepare your own waffle. The morning and evening staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Room 101 is nice clean room with king bed.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Karl A
RobinBeadles, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for choosing the Wingate Round Rock for your recent trip to our area.I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed many of our features such as breakfast and oversized comfortable rooms.Thank you for sharing your experience with future guests that will read your favorable review.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very nice staff and a clean room. The hotel must have at one time permitted smoking the odor was still quite strong by the curtains. Breakfast selection was extensive and included my favorite (Bacon). It is by the interstate so you will hear the traffic all night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
RobinBeadles, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Wingate by Wyndham on your recent trip to Round Rock. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. We will certainly replace or professionaly clean the curtains in the room that you were in. We apologize for the unpleasant oder.