Overall this Candlewood Suites is not somewhere I would stay again. I normally prefer Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn when choosing a mid range hotel, an extra Priority Club brand to get some bonus points, I chose to stay here even though I am not a fan of the brand.
The deal breaker for me, that is the main reason I will not come back.....noise, noise, noise. Traffic noise all night, Trains blowing horns all night, banging doors from nearby units...slamming doors, etc.
I knew I would have fewer perks, but would also have all I needed for the night. Candlewood is a designed as a limited service extended stay so do not expect your typical mid range business traveler perks. This location appears clean but use lots of chemical deodorizers. The staff not particularly friendly, but not rude either. If you know what to expect with the Candlewood brand you might be happy with a stay here if the price is right.
I would imagine in most instances you would have a car at this location as I did. If you do not have a car there are not really any dining options in a safe walking distance. With a car you have nearly unlimited options within 10 minutes.
This Candlewood, as all others, does not have front desk staff from 11pm till 7am, though they do say that they have on site staff all the time. I booked a one bedroom and that is what I was given. My Priority Club Platinum profile says High Floor, away from elevator, and I was first assigned to a first floor room near the elevator. Since it was only for one night, I would have stayed, but the room reeked of a mix of cigarette smoke and strong deodorizer...not good. I asked for a room change and got a room away from the elevator that at least smelled fresh. If you are staying for more than one night there is limited housekeeping service.
The room and common areas were clean though a bit dated. All rooms have a nice size fridge, microwave, sink, kitchenware, microwave, and kitchen table. The room has a work desk, leather chair, and Queen size bed. The bed was comfortable. The studio rooms are not very large, but are comfortable. The one bedroom I was in was like a small apartment. The climate control system worked well, and the blower can be set to on for white noise while still using the air conditioning, but they have a rigged up vent system from the wall unit to the bedroom...not the best at airflow. The room has a TV, VCR, DVD Player, CD player, etc. The TV in the bedroom was a old CRT style TV but had plenty of channels CD. The remote control in the bedroom did not work, and none of the alarm clocks had current time on them. The free wifi service was easy to connect to and was relatively fast for a hotel. Carpet, furnishing's linens, and furniture are all clean but showing some wear and tear.
As for the common facilities, they have quite a few unique offerings. Outside there is a nice sitting area with a gas grill available. (No pool at Candlewood.) Inside, they have a small but sufficient workout room with treadmill, weight machine, bikes, and some other equipment. The equipment was a bit dated, but seemed to be in good working order. They have free use of washers and dryers to do your laundry. They also have an honor system for convenience foods - just choose and charge to your room or pay cash, but unlike most Candlewood's this one has a horrible pantry with limited selection and many of the dairy items were out of date. They offer free video and DVD checkout.
One major thing that I always find lacking at Candlewoods (thus the reason I do not choose them for business trips often) is that they do not have a business center or guest printer. This location at least made a better offering and had a PC and printer in the lobby.
For a cheap stay, this would be an acceptable location if it were not for the noise....with the noise and the dated property, I will look for other options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection.At the Candlewood Suites Austin Round Rock Hotel, we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. We are located on IH 35, near Dell Computers and close to restaurants, attractions and shopping centers. Downtown Austin, Austin City Limits, Southwestern University and the University of Texas are all within a 20 minute drive of the hotel. The Dell Diamond with Round Rock Express baseball is 5 minutes away. The Candlewood Suites Round Rock Hotel is conveniently located within 3 miles of Round Rock Hospital, and less than 5 miles from the new Round Rock Premium Outlet center. All guest rooms in the hotel feature full kitchens and one queen size bed. The Candlewood Suites Round Rock hotel offers complimentary laundry facilities, a full fitness center, business desk in the lobby with Internet and both wired and wireless high speed Internet connections in guest rooms. The Candlewood Suites Round Rock hotel is pet friendly. A non-refundable pet fee of $75 to $150 is required along with a signed pet agreement at check-in. Documentation specifying that all vaccinations are up to date must be available. Call hotel for a copy of the full pet policy.The maximum number of guests (including children) allowed per room is 2 in a room with one bed or 4 in a room with 1 queen and a sofa sleeper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Candlewood Suites Austin-Round Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Round Rock Hotel Round Rock
- Candlewood Round Rock
- Round Rock Candlewood Suites