Candlewood Suites Austin-Round Rock
US$93
Austin Marriott North(Round Rock)
US$183
US$152
  • Pool
US$168
US$143
US$130
Hyatt.com
US$107
Sleep Inn & Suites Round Rock(Round Rock)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$93
SleepInn
US$97
US$76
US$74
Agoda.com
Best Western Executive Inn(Round Rock)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$82
US$137
Travelocity
All reviewsfree laundry facilitiesstove topqueen bedrooms are cleankitchenetteconvenienceaustinfreewayaccommodations
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Have been staying at this property since the middle of August. Called the hotel at around 2am on the day that I was supposed to check in to ask if there was anyway that we could check in early because we would be in town around 5am and had been on the road for 3 1/2 days. They were able to accomodate me immediately and we were able to check in around 5am that morning.

The property is very clean and they do take the safety of their guests seriously. Yes, there are trains that run near the hotel but honestly, after a couple of days they become background noise and you just don't hear them that often.

I have had to have maintenance come in to the room a couple of times and each time they have been very courteous and gotten the issue fixed quickly.

The people who work at the hotel are awesome. I only had an issue with one person but that was fixed quickly. They do free dinner on Wednesday nights for the guests (lately it has been BBQ or pizza).

I like that they get to know their guests too. They know my daughter's name and that she is in 2nd grade and what she likes and doesn't like. On Wednesday night dinners they always have a little treat for her.

Oh - and did I mention that they allow pets? We brought our two cats with us and they have opened their arms to them. They like to sit in the windowsill and enjoy the sun and people have commented that they can see them and they look so happy in the sun.

i would definitely recommend this property to anyone who is coming to Round Rock.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Ella M
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We arrived after midnight. The staff was bright and cherry and welcoming. We got to our room and saw that it only had one bed, our mistake when we booked the room. The staff iimmeditaly moved us to a new room. The room was sparkling clean, Throughout our entire stay, the staff was friendly and helpful. We are visiting college campus in the area, so not very familar wth the area. Its a great location, we went to a Saltgrass and discovered a great Flix Brewhouse all within 10 miles of the hotel. We have two more campuses to visit, and we will definately use this hotel on our return trips!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Diana W
Nikki P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2011

Thank you Diana for such a wonderful review! I am so happy that the staff was one of the highlights of your stay and that they were able to assist you. We hope to see you soon on your return visits to the area and good luck choosing the perfect college!

Nikki J Patterson

Reviewed 19 October 2011

1. Very near to my work place. :)

2. Very good price.

3. Very good receptionist service.

4. Very clean and neat and spacious room!.

5. Amnenities are perfect! (Complete kitchenware for use, Internet very fast, convenient to drive to shops around it.)

6. Very comfortable bed.

7. Very sweet and friendly receptionist ;)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank AikZuShyong

We are so happy to hear all the great things you've said about the Candlewood Suites! We take a lot of pride in our amenities and the value they offer our guests. Thank you for your wonderful comments and we hope to see you on your next visit to Round Rock.

Nikki J Patterson

Reviewed 22 September 2011

Overall this Candlewood Suites is not somewhere I would stay again. I normally prefer Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn when choosing a mid range hotel, an extra Priority Club brand to get some bonus points, I chose to stay here even though I am not a fan of the brand.

The deal breaker for me, that is the main reason I will not come back.....noise, noise, noise. Traffic noise all night, Trains blowing horns all night, banging doors from nearby units...slamming doors, etc.

I knew I would have fewer perks, but would also have all I needed for the night. Candlewood is a designed as a limited service extended stay so do not expect your typical mid range business traveler perks. This location appears clean but use lots of chemical deodorizers. The staff not particularly friendly, but not rude either. If you know what to expect with the Candlewood brand you might be happy with a stay here if the price is right.

I would imagine in most instances you would have a car at this location as I did. If you do not have a car there are not really any dining options in a safe walking distance. With a car you have nearly unlimited options within 10 minutes.

This Candlewood, as all others, does not have front desk staff from 11pm till 7am, though they do say that they have on site staff all the time. I booked a one bedroom and that is what I was given. My Priority Club Platinum profile says High Floor, away from elevator, and I was first assigned to a first floor room near the elevator. Since it was only for one night, I would have stayed, but the room reeked of a mix of cigarette smoke and strong deodorizer...not good. I asked for a room change and got a room away from the elevator that at least smelled fresh. If you are staying for more than one night there is limited housekeeping service.

The room and common areas were clean though a bit dated. All rooms have a nice size fridge, microwave, sink, kitchenware, microwave, and kitchen table. The room has a work desk, leather chair, and Queen size bed. The bed was comfortable. The studio rooms are not very large, but are comfortable. The one bedroom I was in was like a small apartment. The climate control system worked well, and the blower can be set to on for white noise while still using the air conditioning, but they have a rigged up vent system from the wall unit to the bedroom...not the best at airflow. The room has a TV, VCR, DVD Player, CD player, etc. The TV in the bedroom was a old CRT style TV but had plenty of channels CD. The remote control in the bedroom did not work, and none of the alarm clocks had current time on them. The free wifi service was easy to connect to and was relatively fast for a hotel. Carpet, furnishing's linens, and furniture are all clean but showing some wear and tear.

As for the common facilities, they have quite a few unique offerings. Outside there is a nice sitting area with a gas grill available. (No pool at Candlewood.) Inside, they have a small but sufficient workout room with treadmill, weight machine, bikes, and some other equipment. The equipment was a bit dated, but seemed to be in good working order. They have free use of washers and dryers to do your laundry. They also have an honor system for convenience foods - just choose and charge to your room or pay cash, but unlike most Candlewood's this one has a horrible pantry with limited selection and many of the dairy items were out of date. They offer free video and DVD checkout.

One major thing that I always find lacking at Candlewoods (thus the reason I do not choose them for business trips often) is that they do not have a business center or guest printer. This location at least made a better offering and had a PC and printer in the lobby.

For a cheap stay, this would be an acceptable location if it were not for the noise....with the noise and the dated property, I will look for other options.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the trains and traffic noise.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank pcsanity
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Do give this a try when you're near Round Rock! It's a great place, quiet, has a workout room -no pool :-( - , generally used for people on extended stays, FREE (did I say FREE?) guest washers and dryers, sparkling clean and they even give YOU free pizza on Wednesday evenings! They also have a little in-store so you can "buy" on the honour system, juices, waters, sodas, ready-for-the-microwave dinners, yogurt, fresh fruit - - - what's not to love?

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple