“Nice option for business travel and long-term stays!”

Candlewood Suites Austin-Round Rock
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Whether you are traveling for business (long-term in my case) or pleasure, Candlewood Suites is a nice option. The staff (particularly Shelly, Ranae, Nikki and Ivone....thank you!) go out of their way to make guests feel at home while on the road. The complimentary laundry facilities and weekly Wednesday barbeques were great! I also enjoyed not having to drive to store for food as the in house Cupboard store has an abundance of options. Beds/linens are quite comfortable and location to restaurants and sports bars helpful. Don't hesitate to stay here, believe me you'll be glad you did (this is coming from someone that returned home from 5+ month stay)!

Joe (in Phoenix)

Room Tip: Rooms along east side of building (odd numbered rooms) furthest from I-35, but not sure if noise is...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you Joe! We so enjoyed having you stay with us and hope that you are enjoying your brief trip home before your travels take you to your next location. The entire staff appreciated your comments and we hope to see you if work brings you back to the area.
Nikki Patterson

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Austin-Round Rock

Reviewed 18 June 2012

If you're looking to stay in Round Rock, I recommend this place. It's just a short 20 minute drive to downtown Austin. I've stayed on two different occasions over the last year, and both experiences were pleasant. Clean, spacious rooms including a kitchenette. Friendly staff. I didn't get a chance to use the workout room, but it looks clean and well kept.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for the very nice review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments. We look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Nikki Patterson, General Manager.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

We arrived super late/early am. Dana at the front desk was so nice! Dana gave us a room right down the hall fron the lobby so we didn't have to lug bags into an elevator or drive around to another entrance!! Our stay was quick since we checked out just 7 hours later, yet I forgot to pack my overnight kit and left it in the room. When I went to grab it out of my bag later....It wasn't there. I called and Dana remembered us and went and checked the room and it was there open on the bathroom counter! Dana was so concerned about my medication (which I didn't need until the next day) that she wanted to get it to me right away somehow. Thank you Dana for your concern!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I've stayed at the Candlewood Suites several times and love the layouts they have to offer. All rooms include a full size refridgerator as well as microwave, stove top, pots, pans, toaster, plates, and anything else you can imagine. The hotel also puts on complimentary Wednesday night dinners. It's always neat to "meet your neighbors" who tend to stay for long periods of time. Candlewood is the place to be if you value a great night sleep, wonderful staff, and outstanding amenities.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jameson90
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Very nice hotel with kitchenette and couch (but not in a different room). We booked with Expedia and had to make a change at the last minute but the hotel was gracious enough to accommodate us. Down side was that they did not offer a continental breakfast.

Room Tip: We had a room facing Hwy 35 but the rooms were very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Recently, my daughter and I were in the midst of moving and found out our new place wouldn't be ready for almost a month. I went into panic mode, to say the least. Since this was going to be a long-term stay, we needed to find a place that would accommodate the two of us AND our dog, be affordable and provide all the comforts of home.

Candlewood Suites in Round Rock not only met our needs but surpassed all expectations. The staff took the time to get to know us and made our stay warm and inviting. They even took the time to get to know our dog and would call him by name when they would see him.

The rooms were comfortable and spacious.....the bed was more comfortable than mine at home! The small kitchen was the perfect size for any traveler.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling.....or someone just wanting to get away for a few days.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Nice, clean, large, comfortable, quite, friendly staff... Dont know what else to say. I drive a truck and will stay here now when in the area.

The only bad thing that I can think of is the lack of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business