All reviews free laundry facilities queen bed would recommend this hotel to anyone rooms are clean nice property kitchenette maintenance pet highway convenience tx accommodations renovation
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and really enjoyed my stay! The staff was nice, the location was easy to find and there was plenty of parking available. My room was huge and very accommodating as well. As for the slight problem - the pipe under the bathroom sink broke! Maintenance came to fix it and it ended up breaking again a short while later, but the 2nd time was the charm and it was fine afterwards :) Aside from the wet flip flops I had when the water fell all over the bathroom floor it wasn't too terrible of a situation. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2018

There is nothing special about this Cottonwood Suites other than its close proximity to one of Texas' greatest attractions, Dell Diamond, home of the Round Rock Express, designed by Hall of Famer Nolan Ryan. Check in was a breeze, the room comfortable, refrigerator, coffee maker, small kitchenette, all for under $100. The hotel is adjacent to the busy I-35 Interstate which averages (at 10 pm in the evening) 15-20 semi-trucks/minute rolling by. That said, I was in the wing nearest the highway and was not disturbed by the heavy truck traffic. There is 24 hour coffee, no breakfast but there is a managers burger BBQ on Wednesday evenings. There is a small gym, washers & dryers. For what its worth, if you simply need a place to lay your head, do a load of laundry, its worth the money.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 230-235
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
CandlewoodSuitesTeam, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us here at the Candlewood Suites Round Rock. The city of Round Rock is under large growth and we hope that with the new changes being made to the highway near our facility that it will be able to eliminate the road noise and be less inconvenient to our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon on your next visit to town!

Reviewed 8 April 2018

Having worked in hospitality for over 15 years, I understand the importance of curb appeal and first impressions. I did not like the overall first impression of the hotel as I entered, checked-in, and proceeded to my room.

There was dirt, crumbs, and such all over the floors in the halls. Both and first and second floors including right outside my room. In a 20 hour span, there was no effort to vacuum or take care of these areas. The laundry room was also a mess with garbage in scattered areas. Attention to details such as this makes me wonder if they're are other aspects that are not paid attention to. While the room seemed clean, I couldn't help but wonder. I'm not sure how the staffing works at a Candlewood, but there must be someone who attends the public areas during the major parts of the day.

Suffice it to say, I checked out 5 days earlier and sought accommodations elsewhere. I know I only use the employee rate, but still I am a paying customer.

I hope you use this criticism to your advantage from a seasoned traveler and hotel worker.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Valentin C
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Hello Valentin C,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and making us a part of this trip to Round Rock. We do the best we can go beyond the standards set by IHG in the upkeep and maintenance of our property but I'm sorry this turned to be otherwise. As one of our colleagues, I understand that you were upset by the atmosphere upon arrival, litters scattered on the halls, and the cleanliness in the laundry area. I'm sorry to make you uneasy with all these despite having a satisfactory level of tidiness in the room, and being in an ideal location.

Indeed, first impressions last and I appreciate you bringing this up. I have sent our management team the details of this to evaluate the processes we have in place. Especially in how we do and assign the upkeep of all areas of the facility. It may not have the best start to remember but I look forward to seeing you again and serve you better.

Best regards,

Frank A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 21 March 2018

First time in a Candlewood Suites . It was OK. Certainly better than the extended stay type of hotel.

Room was a decent size. Clean comfortable. Everything worked . Had things in the kitchen area. But very basic.

Was disappointed to learn that because I booked this reservation on Orbitz I was not eligible for IHG points. Bit of a surprise. Will know better next time to book direct.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the opposite side to the highway.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
CandlewoodSuitesTeam, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It's our goal to make each and every guest satisfied with their stay. We try to have the basics of what you need in the rooms because we have much more specific items in the Candlewood Lending Locker. If you could suggest what you and other guests think would be beneficial in the rooms, we will definitely take it into consideration. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Angie Trujillo

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Our toddler started vomiting at 2am- I called the front desk and asked if I could get new bed sheets. They guy (Brian) said he was the only one working and couldn't help us. I asked if I could just meet him at the front desk and get the sheets, and he yes. So I went down to get the sheets, and as I was leaving, he had the nerve to give me parenting advice, stating "And I recommend if you want to keep your child from getting sick, you need to wear shoes when walking around the hotel". I was so frustrated!

That night we could hear every cough and sneeze from our neighbors through the wall.

At 9:30am, house keeping knocked asking if we were leaving. My husband said check out wasn't until 11, and the lady rolled her eyes and walked off!

This hotel definitely needs to work on their hospitality and customer service!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Austin-Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Hi Lacy C,

Thanks for staying and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I understand that the condition of the hotel room you were given was not to your satisfaction. Furthermore, the overall level of service you received was not of a Candlewood Suites standard. I'm sorry that we are unable to provide you an excellent service and we could've done better. These types of reviews keep us motivated to be on top of our game. I am taking your feedback seriously and shared this with the management of the hotel so we can further improve our customer service.

We value you as our guest and hope you give us another chance. Looking forward to your next stay with us.

Happy Holidays!