We had a "clean, comfortable room" for our one-night stay at this hotel - but the 3-star price we paid definitely wasn't a good value.
The decor was extremely spartan, along the lines of Super 8: bare walls, ultra-inexpensive-looking furnishings with TVs perched on top, fluorescent lighting throughout.
The mechanical flaws: bedside lamps which could only be turned off by unscrewing the bulbs, a broken switch for the overhead bedroom light, and an improperly-installed shower faucet which could deliver either too-hot or too-cold water but not warm water.
In fairness to the hotel, we didn't request maintenance or a room change and so can't speak to how quickly or well the broken lights and faucet might have been resolved. When I reported the problems next morning at checkout, the very pleasant desk clerk told me the bedside lamp problem was property-wide and in the process of being renovated; she took note of the other problems.
With its mini-kitchen, ample space, and a heavily-discounted rate (the first question we were asked on check-in was if we were military), this would be a perfectly fine choice for a home-away-from-home extended stay. But for the Hilton/ Hyatt/ Marriott-level price we paid, this property simply didn't measure up to the standard we expected.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection.At the Candlewood Suites Austin Round Rock Hotel, we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. We are located on IH 35, near Dell Computers and close to restaurants, attractions and shopping centers. Downtown Austin, Austin City Limits, Southwestern University and the University of Texas are all within a 20 minute drive of the hotel. The Dell Diamond with Round Rock Express baseball is 5 minutes away. The Candlewood Suites Round Rock Hotel is conveniently located within 3 miles of Round Rock Hospital, and less than 5 miles from the new Round Rock Premium Outlet center. All guest rooms in the hotel feature full kitchens and one queen size bed. The Candlewood Suites Round Rock hotel offers complimentary laundry facilities, a full fitness center, business desk in the lobby with Internet and both wired and wireless high speed Internet connections in guest rooms. The Candlewood Suites Round Rock hotel is pet friendly. A non-refundable pet fee of $75 to $150 is required along with a signed pet agreement at check-in. Documentation specifying that all vaccinations are up to date must be available. Call hotel for a copy of the full pet policy.The maximum number of guests (including children) allowed per room is 2 in a room with one bed or 4 in a room with 1 queen and a sofa sleeper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Candlewood Suites Austin-Round Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Round Rock Hotel Round Rock
- Candlewood Round Rock
- Round Rock Candlewood Suites