“Simply a nice hotel”

Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Denton, Texas
“Simply a nice hotel”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We stayed one night at this HI Express on the way back home from Austin. The price was reasonable (~$100), the room was clean and nice. It had a king bed, a sitting area, and a sink, fridge, etc. Not crowded at all. The bed was very comfortable.

We arrived late (at around 11p) and the front desk was helpful and friendly. The next morning, the front desk person (a different person) was equally cheerful and friendly.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep in, I would choose a room on the front (North) side of the hotel, as the sun is...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I am a club member Stayed a day and wireless was out all evening. Jonathan stated here is owner tell him. Owner said call 800 number. So n amenity they advertise is something they can't fix. Also needed them to from a service standpoint email me something I couldn't access due to no wifi and after 5-6 calls to Henry or am desk guy, and 5 calls to Jonathan was pretty much told sorry too busy. If they are disputed I have emails I sent with same request.

• Stayed March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear 765098,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the WIFI connectivity issue. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Saginaw, Texas
Reviewed 18 February 2013

The staff at this Holiday Inn Express were absolutely FABULOUS!!! They went out of their way to accomodate us with things we needed. Rachel was the front desk clerk when we checked it. We were late checking in due to tons of construction between where we live in Saginaw Texas and Austin Texas. she told us that there was no problems with us checking in late. It was on Valentines Day and EXTREMELY busy, atleast by the look of the parking lot, and she was calm, kind and very helpful. Later in the evening after going out for awhile when need some toiletries that normally aren't provided when you check in and Jonathan, the night front desk clerk, had them on hand. He also went out of his way to accomodate me with some extra pillows for my arm. I was in a sling when we arrived and have to sleep with it elevated, he went to the laundry and had them wash and dry pillowcases for them and delivered them to our room with a smile on his face. Our room was beautiful and clean. When my husband and I went down for breakfast, Christine the food and beverage server was wonderful. She went out of her way to help me with getting my meal. The buffet was well stocked with hot scrambled eggs, sausage patties, bisquits & gravy, fresh pancakes, several cereal choices, coffee that was really fresh and tasted fabulous and toast, bagels and english muffins on top of haveing oatmeal on hand. This was the best buffet we've ever had at any of the Holiday Inn Express' that we've stayed at and intend to return to soon. It's close to Austin without having to deal with all the traffic noises. They deserve 5 stars on your site without question. We'll be booking them through you again in a few months.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
DFW
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I've stayed here 6 nights so far, and I love it. The accommodations are really first class, and the service is excellent. The people here are very professional, and it is the best hotel that I stayed in Round Rock. The Priority Club points make it easy to be rewarded for staying here. Feel free to click on my name to read my other reviews, including the unprofessional reply from the hotel across the highway in Round Rock. I can confidently say that this Holiday Inn made up for it, and comparing the two will make your decision easy. Thank you, Holiday Inn Round Rock!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank D B
Killeen, Texas, United States
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Stayed here for one night. We went out to dinner and a movie for about three hours, and by the time we got back, my Nintendo DS and my mother's phone charger had been stolen. Perhaps we just got unlucky and this isn't a regular occurrence, but if you stay here, do not leave valuables in your room.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Vanessa W
Frances L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Please accept my sincere apology. This is not a usual occurrence at all. The front desk personnel would have acted quickly to assist you. A police report would have been filed for insurance purposes also.

Once again, I apologize.
Dallas
Reviewed 26 November 2012

This would be a good affordable place to stay especially if your in town to shop at the outlet mall. Next door to Cracker Barrel and Chey's. If you’ve stayed at Holiday Inn Express’s lately then this is a run of the mill like most others. Most seem to have standards and the same bedding, furniture as well as a basic breakfast. It is clean, great location with easy access to I-35, outlet mall and dining. Well lit parking lot Staff was attentive.

Room Tip: Hotel faces north and south so none of the rooms face the interstate and seem to be quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Adam S
Reviewed 27 October 2012 via mobile

We reserved a king bed room and ended up in a "TCB" suite. Very roomy and comfortable. Quite a bargain for $106 including taxes (AAA rate).

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The location was surrounded by restaurants, so a bit noisy but acceptable.

We would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012