“Excellent Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Round Rock
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 23 October 2013

If you are looking for a hotel, look no further! We thoroughly enjoyed everything about this hotel…the rooms were extremely clean; the beds were comfortable; the showers were fantastic; the breakfast was delicious and the location was perfect! Additionally, there were several wonderful restaurants within walking distance! The manager, Frances, was extremely courteous and she keeps this hotel in tip-top shape! This was absolutely the best service we have ever received!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank G R
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to give us your feedback regarding your stay. It is always gratifying to know that our guests were served appropriately. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I have travelled a lot and this has to be the most horrible experience of my life, cockroaches to ants crawling under the pillows to bodily fluid on the bed sheets. Icing is the worst customer service you can imagine on top of it. Only positive is that, Hotel agreed to provide 50 % discount after seeing the cockroaches, ants and bodily fluid on the bed sheets. That was too little too late. You are on your own, if you want to stay in "Holiday Inn Express" (Round Rock Texas) not to be confused with Holiday Inn @ Chisholm Trail which has great customer service, unlike of this lacation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank NM4986
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

My most sincere apology to you! We clearly did not deliver the qualtiy or service you deserved. A guest should never experience these issues.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I had a great experience at this hotel. The one clerk I interacted with, the front desk clerk from 3pm-11pm, was fabulous. Went out of her way to help me. Other staff members were really courteous and kind as well. I have a back problem and the bed was great for me as was the chair I used while working. In other hotels, the office chair is uncomfortable. Arrangement of room made doing my work really efficient and comfortable.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Betsy F
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for commending the staff at this hotel. They are here to serve and address guest needs. We are also happy to hear that the bed allowed you to get a good night's sleep and that the office chair was comfortable.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Front desk clerk was very pleasant and welcoming. Beds felt and sounded like they had plastic mattress covers. The beds are not very comfortable. The bathroom is small..the floors appeared to have not been vacuumed...there are not enough outlets in the room, especially by the beds.There was only one outlet by bed and it was used for the light and clock...on a brighter note..there were silk flowers on the coffee table that brightened up the room..overall not a bad price for the room..even if they are outdated

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank shelwego
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for taking time to write this review. We appreciate your commenting on our front desk agent. Yes, we are due to renovate in 2014. Hopefully, we will address all the areas you mentioned at that time.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our family member in Austin booked our stay here for my entire family..parents, cousins, aunts, and uncle. We had 5 rooms all by each other. The hotel seemed nice, and as we walked into our room, it was clean, and everything was great.
BUT then...
I walked into the bathroom and saw roaches in the bathtub and immediately called the front desk. The lady at the front desk was apologetic and quick to move us to a different room if we came down and exchanged the key for the new room key.

We were moved down the hall and into a different room. This room didn't seem to have any bugs, but when I woke up the next morning my husband told me he saw roaches in the bathroom again.
I was so disgusted and terrified

My relatives also had bug issues, my parents room had ants on the bed and were also moved to a different room..which isn't as easy as it sounds when you have unpacked and have your stuff all over the room already.

My cousins had stains on the sheets..and took forever to get them switched out.

The hotel owner was very apologetic, but there is no excuse to have rooms in such conditions.

We had the room paid for until Sunday but we just left early on Saturday evening.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank ushna k
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

You are entirely correct. You should not have experieced these issues at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology. Our professional pest exterminator has been made aware of these issues.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We got this hotel on priceline. After arriving clerk informs me we cannot get room with two beds. I pleaded with her because we have 2 adults and 3 children. She tells me to call priceline to see if they will move me to another hotel. I took that to mean they did not want our business and would rather get more money for the room. My question is why accept my bid? The lady was very rude and dismissive. If I ever get this hotel again I will call priceline. This hotel ruined our whole trip. We got no sleep. I know it's at the hotel discretion, but their attitude was unprofessional. The microwave was broke. The tv was between rooms so no matter where you were watching it was awkward. Sorry I'm rude, but if you went 3 days without sleep you would know how I feel. Only thing positive was the a.c. Was very cold.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank RayNacogdoches_Texas
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Please accept a sincere apology for the experience you had while at our hotel. The service issues will be addressed because a guest should always be treated with respect and professionalism.

I do appreciate your sharing this information so that improvement can occur.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

My husband and I checked into this hotel at 2:30pm, Friday, August 23, 2013. The first room we were given had an awful mildew smell. The hotel staff accommodated moving us to another room immediately. In the second room, we were not able to get connected to the WiFi. Christina at the front desk confirmed there were known issues with the WiFi in this room. She offered to move us to yet another room but at this point, My husband was completely frustrated with this hotel and just wanted to leave. Christina then tells him we were free to leave but, we would still be charged for one night stay. This was unacceptable to us as paying customer so my husband asked to speak with a manager. She called her manager, Johnny M. Apparently, Johnny's last name is a mystery since his employees don't know who they work for. Johnny offered to reduce the third room by $20 for one night which still was not what we wanted which was to leave, free of charges, to pay our hard-earned money to a hotel who knows how to take car of its customers. Still being unsatisfied, he asked to speak to whomever was above Johnny the manager. The front desk clerk then called the hotel owner, Mr. Patel who without question, told her not to charge us for the stay. My husband and I frequent this area for get-aways and we normally stay at the other Holiday Inn on Chisholm trail. We will never stay at this Holiday Inn Express again. This was the worst hotel experience we have ever had.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Penny W
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

We apologize for the poor quality you experienced at this hotel. We clearly did not meet our own daily goal of having a guest's stay here be of highest quality.