“Great property, but slow Wifi.”

Holiday Inn Express Round Rock
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The room was great and nicely decorated. We had a 1st floor suite with two double beds. Bed was comfy, room nicely decorated. Breakfast was very good. The only negative that I have is that their Wifi connection is really slow. There were two connections to choose from, but both were slow.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay here. We apologize that the wifi was not as fast as hoped. We have contacted our provided to see what might have caused the problem.
Thank you for letting us know.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stay at a lot of hotels, maybe 65-70 nights a year. Many of them are Holiday Inn Express. This HIE is always good, but this particular hotel is oustanding.

I have to believe that this is because of the extremely high quality of your staff. I would like to mention the tremendous hospitality displayed by Frances, Jonathan, Ruth, and Mr. Patel. They worked very hard to make our group's stay comfortable and pleasant.

Our company books conferences several times a year, and I will make sure they also hear about this outstanding service.

Room Tip: TCB suites are best.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you, thank you, thank you. It is always nice to hear when guests leave here having been served as they deserve.

Please come back.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Couldn't deal with the Austin traffic after a full day of travel (driving). Pulled in and checked it out. Front desk was friendly as usual and service was prompt.

My room was spacious. living room and bedroom ( I upgraded). I was on the first floor and it was still pretty quiet. The room was clean as I expected. The bed? ehhhhhhh, too soft for me, but whats good for one, may not be for another, no issue there.

This is only 10 miles from MoPac, so its easy in, easy out for Austin.

Food - its all close by. Chuy's, Salt Grass in the same parking lot ( kind of). The gas station on the corner.....That's Rudy's BBQ - GO!!

I extended my stay another night.............that says quite a bit

Room Tip: The parking lot leaves a little to be desired. Check in at the front door and unload in your room...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking your time to let us know how your stay with us was. We have a daily goal of serving guests as they deserve.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We had the pleasure of hosting our first annual youth programs development fundraiser at the Holiday Inn. Ms. Green, Banquet and Facilities Manager was more than accommodating. The staff for all shifts from the front desk to the kitchen were gracious and cooperative. Everyone went above and beyond our expectations. We were most especially pleased that full length white table cover linens along with fresh water and ice were included in our facility rental rate. I strongly encourage any organization or person planning an event in or around Austin, TX to contact Ms. Green and the staff of the Holiday Inn North, Round Rock, TX 78681. Thank you so much. Great facility!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Typical HIE. Newer property & in good condition with great housekeeping. Front desk welcome from Francis could not have been more accommodating. This is a lady who wants to make sure customers are happy. Great first impression & welcome to any hotel. Only complaint was that the bed had one of those "miserable" plastic mattress covers on it. As soon as we hear that crinkle we know to take it off, or you wake up sweating in the middle of the night. These things sleep like a sauna, & are a definite downside to sleep quality. Otherwise, good choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you! Our goal each day is to make sure our guests have the best service possible. We are also happy you let us know about the mattress pad so that we could help you get a good night's sleep.

We will welcome your return.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

A big part of my job is traveling during the week. I love to stay at IHG Properties since I am able to accrue points for my personal use. I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Round Rock, Texas during a four day meeting. I arrived late on Sunday night exhausted from a four and a half hour drive to a smiling clerk at the front desk. In conversation, I mentioned that I had to take two gallons of coffee to my meeting each morning and asked if she could recommend a place near the hotel where I could accomplish my task. Smilingly she offered to make coffee for my meetings each morning and even packaged it in large thermos bottles that the hotel used for other meetings. Wow! How refreshing to get offered such a huge help. She put the coffee thermoses outside my door each morning so that I would be ready to leave promptly at 8:00 A.M.
The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. I will definitely stay here again and recommend anyone to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Angie H
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

It makes me very proud to know that this hotel's employees went beyond what is required to make your stay outstanding. Thank you for writing this review. We will certainly look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

If you are looking for a hotel, look no further! We thoroughly enjoyed everything about this hotel…the rooms were extremely clean; the beds were comfortable; the showers were fantastic; the breakfast was delicious and the location was perfect! Additionally, there were several wonderful restaurants within walking distance! The manager, Frances, was extremely courteous and she keeps this hotel in tip-top shape! This was absolutely the best service we have ever received!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank G R
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to give us your feedback regarding your stay. It is always gratifying to know that our guests were served appropriately. We hope to see you again!