“reservation nightmare”

Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Houston, Texas
“reservation nightmare”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

7/17/14: We planned to go to Round Rock for a baseball tournament and was concerned about not needing the entire week of the hotel. I called the hotel directly & was told I could cancel by 6:00 PM the previous night without charge. When I proceeded to request the reservation, I was told, "I have 3 people standing in front of me, so I can't help you." I went online to make my reservation - it appeared as if I was on Holiday Inn's website.
7/19/14: I was "greeted" by someone that seemed to have the flu. I checked in & she indicated my checkout was for the 26th. I told hem I needed to change it to the 23rd & they said I had to deal directly with the company I made the reservation with (wait, what??? I thought it was Holiday Inn.com??? well apparently redirected to some other site - "reservation counter" (RC). I called RC on the 19th & made the request directly. She put me on hold to make the change & we got disconnected.
7/20/14: i called RC again, afraid the change wasn't made. I was told it indeed had been changed to check out on the 23rd. whew.
7/23/14: I go to checkout & am told I "can't" because the reservation is through the 26th. I call RC again. there's no mention of the early checkout. I explain i called twice. i give the name & time of those calls. I'm put on hold so they can call the hotel directly. Holiday Inn tells them I'm subject to 1 night cancellation charge. RC agrees to escalate the issue to ensure we are reimbursed for that night. In the meantime, we ask the guy at the front counter at Holiday Inn for his name & he REFUSES to give us his last name. So ridiculous. BTW, the pool was out of commission the first 2 days. no apologies.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
I extend an apology for all the confusion regarding the reservation. I understand your frustration because you were clearly not served as you deserved.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I was in town for business meetings and wanted to be close to my morning customer
visit.

The hotel appears is very new, and the staff is very welcoming. (Though, based on
the fact that there are TCB Suite signs, its evident that it used to be an
AmeriSuites.) The hotel is right off the main highway, but set back far enough to
avoid traffic noise. There is plenty of parking at the hotel. Check in was quick
though not particularly friendly. There was no mention of my Platinum status.

On first entering the lobby, there is a welcoming feel. The breakfast area and lobby
sitting area are melded together. There is plenty of room in the breakfast area in
the morning.

My room was a nice king room with a separate sitting area, an HD TV, with plenty of
channels, a small fridge, microwave, and dining table. The bathroom space is
acceptable, though as with most Holiday Inn Express locations, there is no door on
the closet....always seems “cheap” in the new upgraded brand. The bed was very
comfortable, and the pillows were king sized an fabulous. The climate control system
worked well, and the blower can not be left on for white noise. The only negative of
the room was the fact that the curtains did not sufficiently block out the morning
light. The room was spotless.

The breakfast was typical Holiday Inn Express hot premade eggs, bacon, biscuits,
gravy, fresh made pancake machine, pastries, toast, muffins, cereals, juice, milk.
The friendly hostesses kept the food refreshed and the area very tidy.

They have business center downstairs with computers and a printer. High Speed
Internet connection was strong around my room. The inside of the hotel clean and
nice looking. They had a typical small but clean exercise room as well as an
acceptable pool.

Though I cant see staying in this area without a car, there are several restaurants
in adjoining parking lots that are easy to walk to.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pcsanity
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
We thank you for recognizing all the efforts we have made to be sure our guests are being served appropriately. Happy guests make us know we are doing things right.

We certainly look forward to seeing you again.
Pflugerville, Texas
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed here the other day and i was very happy overall. Good bed clean rooms. Verry verry polite and nice front desk lady. Her name was Jennifer i belive. She was so helpful and polite. Would definetly stay again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dylan512
Frances L, Asst. GM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We are here to serve guests as they deserve. We certainly want to see you again.
Dallas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently attended the Texas Spartan and all close hotels were sold out. SO, we had to drive close to Round Rock (Race in Burnet). We checked in quick; got a good clean shower; comfy bed; and the restaurants close by were steps away. I recall Chuy's, Salt Grass, and there was a third, but I was too tired to recall. There is easy access to 35. And they did have breakfast. Although, this was my one issue. The breakfast did not serve till after 7am, and we had to leave at 6:30. I thought the costs was a bit high; but you have to consider the location and that it is an exit or two from the outlet mall. so, they can do that. Didnt get to use the pool, or fitness center. They have washer and dryer on 1st and 3rd floor. Sorry, but thats all i got. We were in, ate, slept and back on the course for the next day. Truly, my only issues were the cost and the late opening of the breakfast. but decent rooms, and nice bed.

Room Tip: select a room close to the end, for easy access to doors. Elevator is in middle of hotel though/
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Frances L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. We certainly look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for one night only and was very pleased with visit. Comfy beds, clean bathrooms,
Hotel was nice clean and close to restaurants.
Only downside is bathroom towels looked a bit old. Noticed too late to request new towels. They were clean however.
Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had over 75 guests coming from 15 different states for our daughters wedding in Round Rock, TX and we used the Holiday Inn Express & Suites as our primary hotel. The manager did a great job showing us around the facility and setting up our block of rooms. The Front desk staff and the housekeeping staff did a great job. Everyone was friendly and service-oriented. The suites were great for our large group. Having a large suite was great the day of the wedding for having a hair and make-up person come to the hotel to prepare the bride and bridesmaids. The breakfast was also a big hit. We heard nothing but compliments from our guests. Our thanks for helping us to ensure our guests had a great experience in Round Rock, TX.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Frances L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
It was our absolute pleasure in hosting your wedding group. You guys were an awesome group and very fun to work with!! We are glad you all enjoyed the rooms as well! We wish you all the very best and hope to see you all on the next visit to Texas!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed here last year and the room they gave me is big, beautiful and full of amenities. The rooms are classy and has marble counters, microwave, refrigerator etc. My stay was really comfortable. Breakfast was also great with more selections, eggs, sausage etc and nearby are several restaurants if you want to eat for lunch or dinner. The staff are nice and very helpful

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank valuemytime
Frances L, AGM at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
We appreciate your letting us know about your stay with us. We are delighted when guests feel they have been served appropriately.

When will we see you again?