“Average Marriott Stay”

Austin Marriott North
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 9 December 2011

In November, my team attended the State XC Meet in Round Rock, TX & we stayed at this Marriott. Though gorgeous from the outside (beautiful, serene location, despite the craziness Austin always offers), the rooms were- in my opinion- just average.
To begin with, one of my athlete rooms had an air purifier running in it...the room smelled absolutely terrible. The hotel staff was AMAZING at helping us get moved to another room, despite being fully booked. They were friendly, courteous, and more than willing to help out!
Our new rooms smelled better (thank goodness!), but again, were fairly average. I've stayed at 4 and 5 star hotels- the difference is the new feel of the room and furnishings (this hotel room felt old) and the functioning of appliances. My room was dark and the air conditioning didn't work very well.
All-in-all, the hotel stay wasn't terrible- like I said, the staff was beyond amazing- but until refurbished, I wouldn't choose to stay there again.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

I only use Marriott's when I travel. For those of you that are looking for a Marriott in Austin, look no further. This is THE best Marriott I've ever used, in country or abroad.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

If you are looking to host a small to medium size conference in the Austin area, this hotel is the best you will find. The hotel is in great condition and the service is Top Notch. The location is convenient to resteraunts, shopping, movies and the toll road, which provides the option for a short trip to downtown Austin. Our small conference was a success and as the host, I didn't have to worry about anything. We had an awesome experience!

Reviewed 24 October 2011

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. It's surrounded by many restaurants and shops that are easily accessible to get to. We stayed here because we were visiting a friend in Austin, and this location is about a 15min drive from Austin downtown. The staff is very friendly,helpful and courteous. We only ate breakfast while we were here, but I had the crunchy french toast and it was awesome. I loved it, french toast topped with strawberries and fresh bananas. The breakfast buffet has an assortment of foods and is $10.95. They have a 24 hour gym, indoor pool, concierge and lots of parking spots. If you get a chance to venture outside of Round Rock, please go to Trudy's North Star restaurant, it's one of my favorite places for Tex-Mex food and Mexican Martinis. Try the Stuffed Avocado, it is too die for.

Room Tip: Corner rooms and the end rooms are the quietest rooms. You will hear some other guest doors open and...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here one night in room 530 to attend a concert in Cedar Park. The lobby and central part of the hotel are beautiful. The staff took a considerable amount of time to check people in, but it appears that it was intentional to make the customer feel like they were paying attention to them and giving a good idea of what the hotel has to offer. There is a bit of a walk to the elevators, but not bad. The decor was a little outdated, but they were in the process of changing out the carpet. The room decor was definitely outdated - marroon and green with paisley wallpaper in the bathroom. The king bed was VERY comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. The view was nice. Easy access from Hwy 35. Lots of fast food near by, but everything around closes early and 10 or 11pm. So, if you want to go out late, you will have to drive to Austin.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jengad24
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I have stayed in many hotels of the same star rating and this one ranks as one of the best. Airport is about 30 min away from the hotel. When you first check in you are greeted by a beautiful lobby. Welcomed by the staff with a smile and even a brief tour of the hotel and amenities. Get up to your room and you are welcomed by a beautifuly decorated room with a bed that calls out to you. The only problem with the bed is that when you sit on it you almost instantly fall asleep into its comfort. I had great reception for my wireless and the roomservice is wonderful. The staff is wonderful and really seem like they enjoy their jobs. I look forward to coming back to stay here and already planning a romantic weekend with my husband.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Amandaland
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Over the past few years I have stayed at this Marriott many, many times. I've beem remiss in not writing a review. I really do consider this place kind of like a home away from home. The facility itself is a bit aging, but always clean. The staff are super friendly and helpful. I've had room services several times and have eaten in the restaurant several times as well. I've never been disappointed. Now don't get me wrong, nothing has blown me away, but it is always sold food and executed pretty good. The exercise facility has been kept up-to-date and the concierge lounge I think is one of the better in the Marriott chain, made so by the very friendly, helpful staff. The property has plently of paved walking trails adjacent with lost of restaurants, services and shopping very nearby. Whether you are in RR for a single night or for a week, this is a great choice.
I dod have twop small complaints that some may find petty and I will admit that I have seen this at other Marriott properties. First, when the attendant dows turndown service, they leave the radio on. I know that it is supposed to be soothing music, but I find it annoying. But my real pet peeve is that they manager leave a welcome phone message. So you open your door and just want to get unpacked and relax and there is that darn message light blinking on the phone. So you have to pick up the phone and push a few buttons, listen to a short message before you can delete it. It is really annoying. It's the little things that matter when you travel 50% of your time and for some reason this one matters more than most.
All in all though, this is a solid property that helped to make me a Marriott fane.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo