“Solid hotel with good facilities”

Austin Marriott North
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
London
“Solid hotel with good facilities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

This is the only hotel I've stayed at in Round Rock so it is hard for me to compare with the others but my three day stay here was very pleasant and the staff are very helpful. There is nothing special about the hardware (the rooms, restaurant, lobby) of the hotel - it is cookie-cutter Marriott. Where the hotel shines is in the software (the people, the service, etc.) -- the people at the front desk are genuinely nice people, the people working in the restaurant seemed genuinely happy to be serving you.

The exercise room is relatively standard and not too large but it is open 24 hours. The pool is big enough to do laps in and is not that crowded at all. Some complained it was too cold but I don't agree at all.

There is really nothing within walking distance of this property but there is a lot a short car ride away.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

I have stayed here numerous time over the year, and the service has always been excellent. Great facilities and consistent experience keep me choosing this hotel above other great hotels in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

why can they not have an outside seating area? all of the other marriott properties I stay at do have a table out side with chairs. just wondering. Great staff!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Sugar Land, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed here for a conference, roomed with 2 other women. Was average - nothing special as far as the hotel itself, and the location was in the middle of nowhere special... mostly residential and business (offices, not retail or restaurant).

PROS
-Lots of suitcase racks and space for luggage in room.
-Comfy bed (although doubles... bleh)
-Relatively quiet in the hallways (noise from other rooms not very noticeable)
-Decent sized bathroom with nice toiletries
-Nice open lobby but a little confusing layout as far as rooms, amenities, elevators, etc.
-Workout center looked nice but I did not try it.
-Parking was free.
-Friendly & helpful staff.

CONS
-Booked the room for 3 guests, they gave us one pack of coffee, and it was not very good.
-Location is terrible for entertainment so don't expect a whole lot of excitement around. Some weak restaurants nearby (Macaroni Grill, Joe's Crab Shack) but we drove 4 miles to a Chuy's which had a busy restaurant and decent bar.
-Food at the banquet we attended was really bad. Pork chops were cold and undercooked, thick cold mashed potatoes. YUCK. On the upside, table service was good, and the desserts were tasty.
-WIFI not free.

So all in all... average. Unless I had some need to stay in this particular area of Austin, I would probably not stay here again by choice.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

This was a great hotel to come to for business. We were here at a conference and the hotel was very accommodating. The rooms are spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable and had really nice sheets. The food we were served was ok, but it was for a large amount of people and it was conference food. This hotel also does not have free Wi-Fi in the guest rooms. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

I've stayed at the hotel a few times since it is close to our corporate head office. The staff are very friendly, whether I'm checking in late at night or checking out at 4 am - on my first visit they even organised food after the kitchen had closed, and once I left some luggage while I was away for a short side-trip. I've eaten at the bar and in the restaurant. Not being an early riser, I learnt to drop off my laundry the night before!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

In November, my team attended the State XC Meet in Round Rock, TX & we stayed at this Marriott. Though gorgeous from the outside (beautiful, serene location, despite the craziness Austin always offers), the rooms were- in my opinion- just average.
To begin with, one of my athlete rooms had an air purifier running in it...the room smelled absolutely terrible. The hotel staff was AMAZING at helping us get moved to another room, despite being fully booked. They were friendly, courteous, and more than willing to help out!
Our new rooms smelled better (thank goodness!), but again, were fairly average. I've stayed at 4 and 5 star hotels- the difference is the new feel of the room and furnishings (this hotel room felt old) and the functioning of appliances. My room was dark and the air conditioning didn't work very well.
All-in-all, the hotel stay wasn't terrible- like I said, the staff was beyond amazing- but until refurbished, I wouldn't choose to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business