“Beautiful Hotel with Friendly Service”

Austin Marriott North
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We also stayed at the Austin Marriott North Hotel in Round Rock on the day of the big Univ. of Texas vs. Kansas State Univ. football game on Sept. 21. I don't remember seeing the staff wearing purple t-shirts. I know that the K-State football team was staying there because there was a lot of purple t-shirts that the fans were wearing. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. One employee talked to me and explained what the football team eats before a big game. I found it fascinating. The lobby was buzzing with excitement and activitiy so I loved being in the middle of so much action. The bomb sniffing dog for the football game was there with some UT police officers. They were there to escort the K-State football team to the game. The rooms were spacious and modern and extremely clean. Our bathroom had a shower which was huge and spotless with many amenities and thick fluffy towels. I loved staying at this Marriott because it was away from the big city and it was quiet. There were many restaurants close by for us to go to after the football game. I would stay here again and again. Thanks Marriott!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 September 2013

This hotel has large, plush rooms. However, it was disconcerting to walk into a hotel on game day for a very big college and see all the staff in the visitor's t-shirts! Really?! And you want the alumni from Texas to come back to you again? Nothing like feeling out of place in our own alma mater's city! Couldn't you have stayed neutral?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The staff was extremely nice - otherwise you'd be seeing only 1 star...
It started when we tried to check in - they could not find a reservation for our party of 8 - even though we had confirmed reservation numbers. They told us it wouldn't be a problem, and they would just book us as walk ins. While it did take awhile for check in, I was ok with it. But, it got worse...
Once checked in, the staff member walked me down to the hall and directed me to my room. Nice touch! When I got to my room, I noticed I was right next to the exit door, and right across from the parking lot. OK, I can live with that. So I unpacked, freshened up, and went to meet my colleagues for dinner. A few of them were standing in the entry area, I joined them, and then a staff member came up to me and asked to speak with me privately.. HMM... So, I joined him and he proceeded to tell me that they needed to carpet my room the next day, and I needed to move. Now, this was the room they JUST assigned me not more than 20 minutes earlier. OK, stupid, but I can live with that. So, I told him that I'd go to dinner, and call them when I got back. He said that woudn't be an issue, and they'd help me move. (Now, some hotels I've been to would actually pack you up and move you if they made the mistake - not the Marriott.).
When I returned from dinner, I packed up and called the front desk. "Shaun" answered and I explained I was ready to move. He seemed confused, put me on hold for a few minutes, and then returned. He said he'd be down to take me to my new room immediately. 15 minutes later - still waiting for Shaun. I gave up. I began walking with my suitcase towards the front desk, when I enountered a female staff member. (Obviously not Shaun). She said she would take me to my room. No bell staff, no help with the luggage - so I carried it myself. She took me on the elavator to the second floor, and pointed me to my room. For my inconvenience, she told me I could use the lounge on the preferred floor.
When I got to my new room, I noticed the carpet really wasn't much nicer than the room I left.. Also, the TV didn't work. There was a huge water spot on the ceiling, and you could also see water damage in a line across the ceiling. My new room was also right across from the world's brightest spotlight. My blackout drapes would not cover it, so it was like daylight in my room all night. I did try to use both my lamp and my chair on each end of the curtain to hold the curtain tight, but it didn't work.
Luckily, I only had to stay 2 nights.
But - the room was clean and the staff was nice. Too bad it didn't make up for the rest...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
AWLevinson, Front Office Manager at Austin Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at the Austin Marriott North. We very much appreciate this type of constructive feedback that allows us to experience a hotel visit through the eyes of our guests. First and foremost I wanted to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience it caused. I feel terrible and can certainly understand how frustrating the situation was for you. At the time of your visit we were still going through construction projects to improve our guest’s room product and that unfortunately impacted your visit. We strive for ultimate guest satisfaction within every encounter and we obviously failed to do so with you and for that I apologize. I am happy to hear that our staff service did leave a positive impression and hope that it would help in making the decision of visiting us in the near future.
With construction well behind us and with a brand new guest room product; we would love to have you return as our guest next time your travels bring you to the Austin area.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The location is outstanding and the price was awesome. It's near a ton of nice restaurants and no where near any housing which makes it the perfect place to not worry about your vehicle;)
We even were given free breakfast since we were in town at our daughters soccer tournament. Definitely our place in Round Rock if we need a place to rest our heads.

• Stayed: July 2013
AWLevinson, Front Office Manager at Austin Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for your positive review and feedback. I’m delighted to hear you had a great stay with us! We love hosting the guests visiting the soccer tournaments. Our hotel provides ample parking and it is complementary. We are looking forward for your return to the Austin Marriott North.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

it is a nice hotel and well located. nothing to complaint about the room that was perfect (just missed the refrigerator at room as I used to have), at all the hotel has a good infra. but I had problem with the ice machine at my floor, it was not working and I had to went twice to the lobby to got ice. I communicated it but the problem persisted.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
AWLevinson, Front Office Manager at Austin Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we always welcome feedback from our guests. We are located in Round Rock (17.4 miles from downtown Austin) which makes it great for guests that do not want to get involved with Austin traffic. We have easy access to the main highways into downtown Austin. I am sorry to hear about the ice machine being out of service, I certainty understand how coming down to the first floor to get ice would be uncomfortable. We do have ice machine on every floor for the convenience of our guests. The concern that you have expressed has already been addressed and corrected. We hope to see you return as our guest when visiting Austin.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding. Our room was very clean and spacious. We enjoyed a wonderful nights' sleep. We had the breakfast buffet, which was very good and a decent value at $12.99. We live locally but wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
AWLevinson, Front Office Manager at Austin Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you lynnva68 for the wonderful review!!! I’m sure the wedding you attended was lovely and I’m happy that though you live locally, you choose to stay with us. Our signature Marriott mattress and box spring sets bring you unmatched comfort with the finest quality materials for a good night sleep. Our restaurant team including our chef were delighted to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet with large selection of breakfast meats, eggs and omelets cooked to order, freshly cut fruits and much more. The biggest complement we could get is for our guests to recommend us, thank you!

Reviewed 24 August 2013

The Marriott would be like any Marriott, except for the staff. Very friendly and welcoming. They had to upgrade us because of a maintenance issue but that was not a problem for us. They could not apologize enough for any inconveniences we had. We really enjoyed staying at the hotel because of the location. Rooms were very clean and modern. TV's state of the art. We felt that we were at the movies with the wonderful quality. The buffet breakfast was fantastic, along with the breakfast staff. Sorry we were not here longer. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this amazing review!!! Here at the Austin Marriott North we are all about exceptional customer service. We hope you enjoyed the upgraded guest room with new and stylish bathroom, in-room carpet and lobby carpets. I am delighted to hear that even though there was some inconvenience we did rectify the situation quickly and you were happy with the outcome. We look forward to having you back as our guest in the near future.