“C'mon Marriott....UPDATE this property!”

Austin Marriott North
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Service was personable, location was convenient but the guest rooms were a flashback from the year 2003. I was surprised Marriott allowed this hotel to be so dated in furniture and decor. More importantly, the rooms were spacious & clean. The bathroom featured a huge walk-in shower (the only aspect of the room that seemed updated) and the property was seemingly safe and secure. The breakfast buffet in the restaurant was very lack-luster with hard pancakes and cold potatoes...but our waitress made things right once we expressed our displeasure. Hey, Austin Marriott North....1, 2, 3, renovate!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank GumboRoux
AWLevinson, Guest Relations Manager at Austin Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and sharing your experience at the Austin Marriott North. We truly appreciate your feedback & I’m sorry to hear you felt the hotel furnishings were dated as we recently went through & completed a major upgrade at the property in 2013 including the Marriott Greatroom with a brand new Starbucks, completely remodeled bathrooms & walk-in showers, soft & case goods along with guestroom and hallway carpets . As for the Service, I am thrilled to know that the restaurant team took their “spirit to serve” & delivered this type of problem solving which earned the kind words of appreciation from you. Rest assured, I will ensure that we recognize the quick approach by the restaurant service team.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I was extremely pleased with my recent stay. The front desk and concierge lounge staff were outstanding! The lounge is beautiful and the food very good. The front desk staff was very receptive to a couple of suggestions: provide a listing of TV channels on the cardio equipment in the fitness center; and offer more news channels in the fitness center.

Room Tip: If you can, stay on the concierge floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joseph S
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed here for one night (have stayed previously) - room was clean and bath looked to be updated recently. Furnishings are somewhat dated which can make the room feel less clean. The sofa in particular made the room feel worn - just replacing that would give it a fresher feel. I found the Mattress to be fine - I sleep on a top of the line tempur-pedic at home. Perhaps they have updated some of the mattresses. If you are visiting the locally based large computer manufacturer - the location is ideal. I would stay here again - but would check out other hotels first to see if they are more updated.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
AWLevinson, Manager at Austin Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and sharing your experience at the Austin Marriott North. We truly appreciate your feedback & I’m sorry to hear you felt the hotel furnishings were dated as we recently went through & completed a major upgrade of the facilities in 2013 including the Marriott Greatroom with a brand new Starbucks, completely remodeled bathrooms & walk-in showers, soft & case goods along with guestroom and hallway carpets . As for the beds, we certainly follow the Marriott specified bedding package; Marriott Foam Bed (9" deep foam mattress with a 10-1/2” box spring) & they certainly are designed to provide you with unmatched sleep comfort

We certainly value feedback from as it helps us see the operation from the eyes of our guest & we look at it as a direct path to move closer to our goal of Excellence in all facets of our role as gracious hosts. As for our location and amenities; they definitely make us a perfect location for business and leisure travelers visiting the Austin area. I am pleased that it worked out well for you. We hope you will choose to stay with us the next time you are visiting!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for two nights. I wasn't sure if I'd need a third night, so I requested a room when I arrived and checked in. They told me the hotel would be full on the third night, but they could accommodate me. Terrific service from the front desk - they made sure I got the same rate as the other 2 nights. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We ate dinner 2 nights at the hotel and it was delicious. Service was good too. Breakfast was also delicious - lots of food for a reasonable price. I will definitely stay here again when I return to Austin this summer.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor close to the elevator. Room was very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The Austin Marriott North is misnamed. It is the Round Rock Marriott, i.e., not close to downtown Austin.

The facility is very dated, but clean. The lobby has a loud dated (water) fountain and the meeting rooms rather old.

The sleeping rooms (at least mine) on the "concierge floor" looked 1/2 1980's and 1/2 semi-remodeled. Warning the beds are a la 1980s.

As a frequent Marriott guest, I received a voice mail from the manager promising a 10 out of 10 experience. Well the bed was 6" of foam, worn out and made for a poor night's rest. I complained and asked for a new bed -- they said they did not have any (from the mouth of the GM). Really, did he say that?

Yikes. He also said it was a "Marriott Bed" -- (only if purchased in the 80's).

On a positive note, the staff were all very friendly and the food consistent with Marriott quality

Room Tip: If you choose to stay at this hotel -- ask for a room with a new bed. Also, the window do not open...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
AWLevinson, Front Office Manager at Austin Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and sharing your experience at the Austin Marriott North. I apologize that your recent stay was not up to the level of service that we are known for and truly appreciate your feedback. We are located in Round Rock (17.4 miles from downtown Austin) which makes it great for guests that do not want to get involved with the heavy Austin traffic & have easy access to all major highways into downtown and the Austin Bergstrom airport. I’m sorry to hear you felt the hotel was dated as we recently completed a major upgrade in 2013 including newly remodeled bathrooms & showers, guestroom carpets, along with soft goods.
As for the beds, we certainly follow the Marriott specified bedding package; Marriott Foam Bed (9" deep foam mattress with a 10-1/2” box spring). Our signature Marriott beds are designed to provide you with unmatched comfort and are manufactured with the finest quality materials.
We do thrive for superior customer service; I’m delighted that you enjoyed our amazing team and our great culinary options. We all hope to see you in the future as our guest.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed here for business for 4 nights. Lobby is nice and light with a large fountain. Check in was handled quickly.
Bedroom was clean, spacious and nicely decorated with a large flat screen TV, work desk, sofa and king size bed. Bathroom had a large walk in shower.
Bed was very comfortable.
Didn't have breakfast but the small coffee shop in the lobby was handy.
Ate in the restaurant one evening. Service was good. Steak was ok, not as tasty as the one I had at the Longhorn Steakhouse a few blocks away.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stayed at the Austin Marriott North for business. Would highly recommend to stay here. Quiet , clean and nicely decorated. The breakfast buffet has a nice selection/variety that includes fresh fruit, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, and other hot breakfast items.

The rooms are nice and spacious. All staff members are very professional and helpful. Dinner selections at the hotel restaurant are 'Ok', and could be better.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business