“Holiday home away from home”

Austin Marriott North
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed here for Thanksgiving and Christmas 2013. For my first visit, I was given a large corner room with a huge shower and plenty of counter space. There was also a huge closet and fluffy robes. This must have been one of the Marriott Rewards (MR) Gold/Platinum level rooms. I am not a MR high level member and for my 2nd visit over the Christmas holiday, I was given a small room with no extra amenities - and it was more expensive than at T-giving. Go figure. Like most full service Marriotts, there is a Starbucks in the lobby and a nice-sized indoor pool. For Christmas Eve and Day, the hotel restaurant (including bar) was closed but a complimentary continental breakfast was offered in the atrium for all guests on Xmas morning. This hotel caters to the business traveler, so it has all of the comforts that I need and as a solo traveler on this trip, I felt safe at all times. I was pleased and would stay here again if I wanted to be close to the Pflugerville/Round Rock area. It is also right off one of the toll roads – SH 45.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SLYCAST

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Here for work and hence did not stay in the room for long, just rest and go.

Close to business meeting and also some restaurant.
Room is a little dated but cozy. The room is facing the indoor swimming pool and the roof of the buildings. A/C can get a little noisy but you can get a decent rest for the next day.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
AWLevinson, General Manager at Austin Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel.
I am glad to know that overall our product and services met your needs to recharge and get to your business meeting. I wasn't sure if you liked overlooking the indoor pool and found it calming and relaxing. However, if you prefer another view, certainly never hesitate to let us know. We are here to help!
As you might have noticed, we have recently invested in new carpeting throughout the hotel as well as new bathrooms with walk in showers in the guestrooms, new lamps with plenty of power for all of your devices and a local touch with some nice photography added to each room decor.
I do hope that when your travels return you to our area you will choose to enjoy again all we have to offer.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is among the better Marriott properties I have been to. In fact this is the only one I will stay at in the Austin area. The lobby is new including a Starbucks and a really great bar/restaurant. I love the lunch buffet and the local Austin craft beers. The beds here are also very comfortable and in my opinion I would love to have them at the house. Ask for a room in the wing behind the front desk, it has multiple entrances, closer parking and its near the elevator.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed here 6 years ago and was surprised how new the place still looks, meaning they maintain it well. Front desk personnel are obviously trained through a checklist style of professionalism, but their personal friendliness wasn't choked out as a result.
Spacious quiet rooms with all the usual amenities -- I didn't use the in-room coffee maker either morning because my sleep had been so refreshing.
Shower is okay, not spectacular, and the hair dryer has a cord about 6-8 inches long, making me lean over and down to use it. That's probably the biggest negative I saw, but if a man has trouble drying his mustache, how much more for a woman drying her locks?
I was part of a group reservation, which usually entails either being improperly booked or getting double-billed, but this (happily) was not the case.
Give folks a longer cord on the hair dryer, and that Excellent rating is in the bag.

Room Tip: Parking is best North and South. Several restaurants are withing walking distance through the condo...
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Although the hotel seems new I understand that it's been in business for quite a while. It's set in a business park area. No great scenery near by nor any attractions. A good place if you have business nearby. The beds were comfortable, the rooms quiet. What more do you want on a business trip?

1  Thank Mike E
AWLevinson, Guest Relations Manager at Austin Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and sharing your experience at the Austin Marriott North. We truly appreciate your feedback & I’m really glad to hear that you enjoyed the convenient location. We did complete a major upgrade of the facilities in 2013 including the Marriott Greatroom with a brand new Starbucks, completely remodeled bathrooms & walk-in showers, soft & case goods along with guestroom and hallway carpets. As for the beds; they certainly are designed to provide you with unmatched sleep comfort. We’re thrilled that you had a good night sleep in a very quiet room.

We certainly value feedback from as it helps us see the operation from the eyes of our guest & we look at it as a direct path to move closer to our goal of Excellence in all facets of our role as gracious hosts. As for our location and amenities; they definitely make us a perfect location for business and leisure travelers visiting the Austin area. I am pleased that it worked out well for you. We hope you will choose to stay with us the next time you are visiting!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed at this property for a volleyball tournament. The front desk staff was very friendly and efficient. Our room was comfortable and clean. We enjoyed the great breakfast in the hotel restaurant and found the seating areas in the lobby to be comfortable and a great gathering place for the team and coaches at the end of the day. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Plenty of restaurants around, small gym and pool, room was good size with 2 twin beds, food was pretty standard, drinks in bar were reasonably priced, bathroom in room was ok but strangely they don't replace the empty shampoos every day, one day I returned and the room had not been cleaned at 5 pm but they did come shortly after to clean so I just stepped our for 20 mins. Good wifi signal strength in room. Reception staff were always helpful with questions. A pretty standard business Marriott

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business