“Amazing service!”

Austin Marriott North
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
“Amazing service!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel. In April for my cousins wedding. The front desk staff was exceptional. Everyone was very friendly ND egar to please. Even the front desk manager greated us and remembered us the rest of our stay. We only ate in the restaurant for breakfeast but it was amazing. The service was great and we had the buffet which was delicious and had a big selection!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Stephanie J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Texas
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed at Round Rock Marriott for two nights. I expected the typical mid-level Marriott hotel since it is not a JW. I was quite surprised to enter the lobby. This is a full service Marriott and defintely not a Courtyard. The lobby is large with a Starbucks counter in one corner and a full service restaurant on the other side. The front desk staff were very professional and friendly. Our room at the 7th floor Concierge level was very clean and comfortable. They have an indoor pool, gym with various equipment and business center. The concierge room had hot breakfast and snacks, coffee, beverages during the weekend and it is closed on weekends. Will definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nitpicky-traveler1
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 May 2014

It's a basic hotel. The foyer and many parts have been renovated and flashed up . . but the rooms (or mine at least) was in need of a renovation.

As I also had customers coming I was a little embarrased to think of them showering in the circa 1978 mini bathtub/shower combo (with one of those up/down switches on the faucet) or using the basic facilities. The ironing board had coffee stains and the iron was missing the faceplate. . . there is no fridge . . you can hear the neighbors flushing in the morning . . that kind of stuff.

The staff and service were excellent, really cant fault them at all. That made up for the room, . . it's OK for a venue that is close to the office and if it is just you, for work thats fine.

Room Tip: ask for a newly renovated room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ChairmanMeow2014
AWLevinson, Front Office Manager at Austin Marriott North, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and sharing your experience at the Austin Marriott North. We truly appreciate your feedback & I’m really glad to hear that you enjoyed the convenient location and the personal service we strive for with every one of our guests. I’m sorry to hear you felt the hotel furnishings were dated as we recently went through & completed a major upgrade of the facilities in 2013 including the Marriott Greatroom with a brand new Starbucks, completely remodeled bathrooms & walk-in showers, soft & case goods along with guestroom and hallway carpets.

We certainly value feedback from as it helps us see the operation from the eyes of our guest & we look at it as a direct path to move closer to our goal of Excellence in all facets of our role as gracious hosts. As for our location and amenities; they definitely make us a perfect location for business and leisure travelers visiting the Austin area. I am pleased that it worked out well for you. We hope you will choose to stay with us the next time you are visiting!
HOUSTON
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed here for Thanksgiving and Christmas 2013. For my first visit, I was given a large corner room with a huge shower and plenty of counter space. There was also a huge closet and fluffy robes. This must have been one of the Marriott Rewards (MR) Gold/Platinum level rooms. I am not a MR high level member and for my 2nd visit over the Christmas holiday, I was given a small room with no extra amenities - and it was more expensive than at T-giving. Go figure. Like most full service Marriotts, there is a Starbucks in the lobby and a nice-sized indoor pool. For Christmas Eve and Day, the hotel restaurant (including bar) was closed but a complimentary continental breakfast was offered in the atrium for all guests on Xmas morning. This hotel caters to the business traveler, so it has all of the comforts that I need and as a solo traveler on this trip, I felt safe at all times. I was pleased and would stay here again if I wanted to be close to the Pflugerville/Round Rock area. It is also right off one of the toll roads – SH 45.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SLYCAST
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Here for work and hence did not stay in the room for long, just rest and go.

Close to business meeting and also some restaurant.
Room is a little dated but cozy. The room is facing the indoor swimming pool and the roof of the buildings. A/C can get a little noisy but you can get a decent rest for the next day.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
AWLevinson, General Manager at Austin Marriott North, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel.
I am glad to know that overall our product and services met your needs to recharge and get to your business meeting. I wasn't sure if you liked overlooking the indoor pool and found it calming and relaxing. However, if you prefer another view, certainly never hesitate to let us know. We are here to help!
As you might have noticed, we have recently invested in new carpeting throughout the hotel as well as new bathrooms with walk in showers in the guestrooms, new lamps with plenty of power for all of your devices and a local touch with some nice photography added to each room decor.
I do hope that when your travels return you to our area you will choose to enjoy again all we have to offer.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is among the better Marriott properties I have been to. In fact this is the only one I will stay at in the Austin area. The lobby is new including a Starbucks and a really great bar/restaurant. I love the lunch buffet and the local Austin craft beers. The beds here are also very comfortable and in my opinion I would love to have them at the house. Ask for a room in the wing behind the front desk, it has multiple entrances, closer parking and its near the elevator.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed here 6 years ago and was surprised how new the place still looks, meaning they maintain it well. Front desk personnel are obviously trained through a checklist style of professionalism, but their personal friendliness wasn't choked out as a result.
Spacious quiet rooms with all the usual amenities -- I didn't use the in-room coffee maker either morning because my sleep had been so refreshing.
Shower is okay, not spectacular, and the hair dryer has a cord about 6-8 inches long, making me lean over and down to use it. That's probably the biggest negative I saw, but if a man has trouble drying his mustache, how much more for a woman drying her locks?
I was part of a group reservation, which usually entails either being improperly booked or getting double-billed, but this (happily) was not the case.
Give folks a longer cord on the hair dryer, and that Excellent rating is in the bag.

Room Tip: Parking is best North and South. Several restaurants are withing walking distance through the condo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business