“Nice place - close to Dell”

Austin Marriott North
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have stayed here twice in the last few years and both times have been great. The in house restaurant is good and the little Starbucks coffee stand is nice too (regular coffee should be on the house though). Rooms are always clean and beds comfortable. If you are in town to visit Dell, it is literally a 5 minute drive to the campus. The desk has more connection options than I have ever seen. The gym is pretty well stocked and there is an indoor

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank James S

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I've stayed at Hilton, Hyatt, Holiday Inn, Courtyards, Crowne Plaza, Omni and others in 13 different states......each of these hotels have offered complimentary coffee and paper in the lobby, why does the Marriott North in Austin not have this available? A small perk like this really is a nice touch. Seems like a rookie mistake. Customer service was awful as well, the night we stayed the place was crawling with band and soccer teenagers which made the experience not so good; front desk did not seem to sympathize with our issues.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere that has free coffee and paper.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Russell B
Kyle C, Front Office Manager at Austin Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your recent feedback about our hotel. I certainly undertand about your sentiment regarding the free coffee in the lobby. We served free coffee every morning for almost thirteen years. Unfortunately with the popularity of Starbucks and our guest's desires for flavored coffee and more upscale variety in the coffee selection, we made the decision to offer the "We Proudly Brew". It is not the choice for all of our guests but most seem to prefer the selection of coffee and fresh baked pastries.

Our weekend summer business does bring many leisure travelers for a variety of reason including sports, social weddings, and school competitions that sometimes is more lively than fitting a relaxing vacation.

I am sorry if our staff did not seem to empathize. We pride ourselves in connecting with all of customers and strive to create personal connections and meet the needs of individual guests no matter the purpose of their visit.

If you choose to visit the area again, please feel free to contact me directly. I would love to personally purchase a cup of coffee for you and do something special on your visit. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Respectfully,

Sue Kunz
Guest Services Manager
Austin Marriott North at Round Rock

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Have stayed here several times when we go to Round Rock for baseball tournaments. The rooms are nice and clean and a good value for the price. The breakfast buffet is quite good and had a wide variety of selections. There is an indoor pool for the kids to enjoy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MikeinTexas72
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Very quiet room. Ample desk working space and plenty of outlets and other connectivity. Within walking distance of a shopping area and a 24-hour drug store. Over all good experience. I have stayed here before on business and will likely do so again.

Room Tip: A/C fan would not stay on unless the A/C was turned down really low. Was looking for something that...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JimNielsen
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a nice simple hotel in a nice area, shops and cinema close by with exits to the I35 and toll road. I would becareful of conference times as with only two lifts you may have a wait to get to and from your room

1  Thank MarkMcPake
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights on a business trip to Austin. I found the hotel itself to be very nice. The lobby is large and has a nice fountain in the middle and it is very inviting. The room was spacious and very clean and the bed was very comfortable. I had dinner one night at the hotel restaurant and the food was good. It wasn't the most memorable meal I've had, but I would certainly eat there again the next time I stay at the hotel. I had access to the concierge lounge and had breakfast there each morning of my stay. While the selection was not huge, it was fine as they had hot oatmeal, scrambled eggs, assorted pastries and bagels, as well as dry cereal and fruit. There definitely was enough to choose from and the food was very good. The service at this hotel was excellent. From the time I checked in to the time I checked out, every member of the team I interacted with was extremely friendly, sincere and genuinely wanted to ensure that my stay was good.

The hotel is in the new Round Rock area and it's close to The Domain, which is an upscale Town Center type mall with great stores, bars and restaurants. The hotel is probably about 20 minutes from downtown without any traffic.

I would recommend this hotel and I will be staying here again the next time I am working in Austin.

2  Thank estrnmountain
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was in room 418 (checked out 5/29). When I entered the room it smelled horrible. It smelled musty and damp. Bad to the point I went to the store and got a candle and lit it. Room deodorizer spray only masked for a few minutes. I turned on the TV shortly after I returned to hear sound and no picture. Maintenance came and hit a reset button on the back of the TV and it worked. HOWEVER, I had to hit the reset button EVERY time I turned on the TV. So when you wake up in the morning and turn on the TV to catch the days events, it wasn't happening unless you turned on all the lights and find a pen to hit the reset button. I find it hard to believe I am the only one that has had the problem with the TV so why it's not taken care of is beyond me. Finally and most frustrating - the A/C did not work. The unit never came on, although you could adjust the temperature. I tried everything. I did not call back down to maintenance because I don't want people in my room when I am trying to get ready or when I am working. Once again, I find it hard to believe this is a new incident in the room, but possible. I also don't want people in my room when I am not there. I have had items stolen from my room and do what I can to avoid people in my room. I always have the do not disturb sign on the door. I don't even have my room cleaned unless I am staying longer than a couple of days. I will NOT return to this hotel. Although convenient. For the rate it's definitely not up to a $179/night rate.

This is the exact complaint provided to the hotel today, as well.

One exception I did not put in my complaint to the hotel because I thought of it after was the fact there was long black hair all over the bathroom and in the shower. It was as if they didn't even vacuum which makes you wonder what did they clean?

2  Thank monsbabe
Ken K, Manager at Austin Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Regina,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Austin Marriott North.

My name is Ken Kruger and I am the Maintenance Supervisor at the Austin Marriott North where you were recently a guest. I am writing in response to your Guest Satisfaction Survey from May 29 where you described several issues in your room.

I read these surveys every day when they are posted on the Marriott International Quality Assurance website, and I take every comment seriously. I apologize for the annoyance of a malfunctioning television and I understand that when you are preparing for your day, you don’t want to be bothered with this sort of thing. This is usually an easy repair and I resolved the issue after reading your comments. I tested the climate control and could not recreate the problem from your stay. Did the thermostat display the temperature and/or did the fans operate or was the room just not cooling to your setting? I understand your propensity for not having a maintenance technician in your room when you are away but, may I suggest that if this were to happen in the future- or if any other issue may arise- please call the front desk to report it, and ask that we investigate and address your concern with you in the room.

I appreciate you telling us about the issues from your last visit. This is not indicative of how I would expect your stay to be with our hotel. If you let me know ahead of your next stay, I will personally make sure you are completely satisfied with your room and stay overall.

It is our goal to ensure your 100% satisfaction. We appreciate your business, and we hope you choose to stay with us again during your next trip to Austin.