“Staff is Fantastic, Property Needs Updating.”

Austin Marriott North
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I wish I could write two reviews for my stay. On the one hand, the staff really went above and beyond. They helped with everything from telling me about the best places for me to meet with a client (within the hotel), finding certain toiletries I forgot, etc. But the hotel itself does not meet the Marriott standard, in my opinion. My Concierge level room (I am a Platinum member) was small, old, and not well lit. Even more offensive: the hallway smelled like cat urine?! And the actual Concierge Lounge was not well stocked. Breakfast was practically nonexistent and I ended up going to the Starbucks downstairs. All in all, if I have to come back to this area for business, I think I will try a Courtyard or Residence Inn next time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Kyle C, Manager at Austin Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us! We are excited that we exceeded your expectations by delivering 'above and beyond' service, as this is always our goal with each and every guest. We do apologize that you experienced an inconvenience with the concierge lounge and layout of our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback to improve our operations. It is important to us that we keep as our guest. We would like the opportunity to speak with you about your experience, please contact the hotel at your earliest convenience.

Melissa Garrett

There are newer reviews for Austin Marriott North

Reviewed 24 August 2014

What a great weekend with my family I had at this location. Great lobby, restaurant and quiet rooms, I needed a fridge for my baby, joining rooms for my I laws, and quiet and they delivered. Being a gold elite member never felt more pampered and I would definitely come back again.

Room Tip: 8th floor if possible
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mox219
Reviewed 23 August 2014

In town for business the Austin Marriott North was recommended. My only complaint was the lack of a refrigerator in the room. The staff was friendly and helpful finding a role of huge duct tape to allow me to fix my carry-on bag that got ripped leaving the airport (a trip saver!).

The lobby has lots of seating around a central fountain and was a comfortable place to work while I had a late dinner. There is a Starbucks in the lobby as well. The room was spacious and the bathroom had a full size hair dryer (a real one, not the kind that is attached to the wall) which I appreciated too.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

If you are a fan of full service Marriott properties you will not be disappointed with this property. It was August so it was very hot during our visit. The air conditioning in the lobby, hallways and guest room were up to the task of keeping comfortable.

One minor complaint is that the thermostat in the room would not allow the fan to remain on at all times. It's an energy saving thermostat but, I like to have the fan run continuously to keep me in a deep sleep. When the fan kicks on and off it disturbs my sleep. I worked around this by keeping the thermostat set to 75 during the day and set to 65 when going to bed.

Other than that the room is what you would expect. A super comfortable bed - consistent across all full service Marriott hotels. I like the bathroom remodel where the tub was removed and there is a very nice shower stall. Heavy glass shower enclosure with chrome hinges and a one piece bottom insert with a stainless steel drain along the edge.

There was no refrigerator in the room - something that I like to keep a bottle of water or can of soda cold.

The concierge offerings were very good.- they had hot/grilled sandwiches most evenings with other items rounding out the selections.

The fitness center has life fitness equipment which I prefer so that is always nice.

The staff at the property from front desk to concierge lounge to hotel restaurant all made me feel like a valued guest.

If in the area I would definitely stay at this property again.

1  Thank mark e
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Wife and I were on our way to San Antonio, but after 17 hours we had to stop. We chose this hotel because it sat high on a hill and was visible from the highway. Plus Trip Advisor comments caught our attention. Our bed was perfect, the bathroom was clean, updated and I loved the shower. We were on an upper floor, which was cool because we could watch the bat show outside our window. The restaurant served a Fabulous breakfast and every staff member made us feel appreciated. We stuck around longer than planned. But we were well rested and relaxed. Kinda wished we would of stayed the day .

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gabecaplan
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Dated room, carpet, and furnishings. No fridge or safe. Room was clean, but hallways had an old musty smell, esp near elevator. Additional charge for WiFi, and no wired LAN. Additional charge for breakfast buffet; fruit on the buffet was good but the eggs, potatoes, veggies, and sausage were all Cold. Mattress and pillow were comfy/soft. Shower was good. Staff had difficulty sending a copy of our final bill (said they'd email it instead of printing us a copy but we had to call half a dozen times and still waiting, repeatedly got transferred, to national service center and to answering machines, supposedly it will be available on the website next week).

1  Thank No2u
Kyle C, Manager at Austin Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback about your recent stay at the Austin Marriott North. We apologize that our facilities and amenities were not to your standards. Please contact the hotel directly so we can ensure that we get your billing request resolved asap and I would love to discuss your dissatisfaction with your recent stay at that time.

Thank you!

David L Long
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The rooms are large, with comfortable beds and pillows. The walk-in glass shower was large. Liked the lamps by the beds which had plug ins in base.
Did not have refrigerator or microwave. But did have a nice snack and drink areas. Large
meeting areas and large bar area.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014