“You feel good there because of people”

Austin Marriott North
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 8 March 2011

I stayed in this hotel 51 nights in 2010...Yes, I made it to Gold in Mariott :-)
Pros:
1. Staff there was very nice and very helpful. They did remember me after just few stays.
2. No problem with parking.
3. Good breakfast and good dinner venue.
4. Excellent TV channel selections.
5. Fitness and pool...
Cons:
1. Location. A bit far from anything really.
2. You can see that this hotel has been around for a while. It is clean, but it just has its age...

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 February 2011

Last weekend we had the opportunity to stay at the Austin Marriott North. The hotel is actually in Round Rock, TX, a suburb just north of Austin. I've stayed in several Austin area hotels, and we were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. I stay in hotels (usually Marriott) throughout the country, and this property was great! The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept in, and the room was spacious. The front desk staff greeted us with a warm, friendly, Marriott welcome, as usual, and called to make sure the room was up to my standards. The breakfast buffet was very good compared to other hotels, with fresh selections.

Six months per year I stay in hotels, so I'm very picky, and write reviews when I find a good hotel or a bad one as well. The Concierge Lounge was closed on the weekend, so I can't address it, but if it were anything like the rest of the hotel, I'm sure it was great too.

This Marriott is hidden off of I-35 back in a business complex, but close to good restaurants. Not far from Downtown Austin, and close to Dell, this is a good choice if you are looking to relax after a busy day.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night. It’s easy to locate right off of I-35. Check in was quick at around 1:00 p.m. and the front desk employee was friendly. Parking was ample and free. The room was a standard Marriott room with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was small and lacked some of the little amenities of other Marriotts. There were some minor cleanliness issues as well…sink and toilet not thoroughly cleaned and a pubic hair on the phone buttons (yep, sorry to be frank, but it grossed me out).

We were planning to have the breakfast buffet around 9:00 or 9:30 in the morning (on a Sunday) because the event we were going to would cause us to have a late lunch. Luckily, I asked what time the buffet was served. We were disappointed to learn that it is only served until 9:00. So we had to change our plans and eat earlier. We enjoyed the buffet very much, especially the large selection of fresh fruits. The atmosphere was nice as well with a view of the water fountain. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful.

Even though we encountered a few minor negatives, we would stay at this hotel again provided the rate was as good as the one we had this stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2010

Stayed one night for a business trip. I thought the bed was absolutely the best hotel bed I have ever slept on. Room was very clean - flat screen tv had lots of channels - only person I had contact with was at front desk and he was very courteous.
Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby, there is a 16 screen movie theater just a few miles away off Interstate 35.
If I was in the area, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2010

A clean, comfortable Marriott. Nice, but nothing to write home about. Didn't get a chance to put service to the test, but the limited dealings I did have -- the people were very nice and accomodating.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 26 October 2010

Stayed Oct 22, 2010. Gentleman that checked me in was extremely friendly and helpful. Came out behind the counter to show me where to park and how to get to the room. First impressions are so important. Room was nice. Would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Stayed here for 1 night in October 2010. The hotel has a nice exterior appearance, great lobby...etc etc..... However the ROOMS are TOP on my list and I was disappointed. The bathrooms are extremely dated and badly need a fresh clean look. The rooms are small, dark and dingy looking! I would not stay here again, I prefer newer cleaner hotels.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple