The reason we stayed at this hotel was because all of our usual places we stay at were booked full. So I had to pay a little extra for this hotel, but I was very optimistic because from the outside and the lobby I felt it was going to be a nice place. My first 5 minutes in there I became an unhappy person, we had gotten there about two hours from the official check in time because we had a wedding to get ready for. In all my adult life it has been extremely rare that I have not been able to check in early. Well the day we needed a few hours to get ready for a wedding we were turned away to go wait a few hours while we get the rooms cleaned. The hostess was somewhat rude about it, I walked in and asked to check in and she looked at the clock with a ugly look then back at me. She then informed me that check in isn't until 3 pm, I asked her ok so there aren't any rooms available? Well apparently everyone who checked out that morning waited until 12 pm to check out and so the cleaning staff had just started cleaning at 1pm. My response to that was said by my look at her, then she said she will call once the room became available. Well good thing there was a bar and grill in the same parking lot to go drink my self calm. So after about an hour and a half I decided to get sneaky, so I had my fiance call to see if they had any rooms available. Well what do you know a room was ready, so then I just stared at the clerk while she was checking me in. So the theme of this hotel was country from the 90's. That told me that this place has not been updated since it was first built, then all we were there for was a place to sleep not to have to stay in for a long period of time. The bathtub had a nice yellow water stain in it, which told me it doesn't get cleaned like it it's supposed to. Then I was able to hide that nasty water stain with the bathmat for the tub! I haven't seen one of those since the 80's! The bed was pretty stiff and the pillows were I'm sure at one time really nice. But good thing the a/c ran like a top so I was somewhat able to sleep. Another thing that got me excited about this hotel was the breakfast buffet they advertised on the website so the extra $30 a night wasn't so bad. Yeah talk about a continental breakfast, calling it a buffet is a joke. I wish I had other options on where to stay but I didn't, I will never stay at this location again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For a comfortable stay in the North Austin, TX area, choose the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Round Rock, TX. When you make this property your relaxation destination, you put yourself near the area's top attractions, including Inner Space Caverns, Dell Diamond, Old Settlers Park, Rock'n River Family Aquatic Center and Round Rock Premium Outlets. During your hotel stay, take advantage of numerous ways to relax and recharge, including free high-speed Internet access for staying connected, a complimentary, hot Be Our Guest Breakfast buffet for stress-free mornings, an outdoor pool for unwinding and a fitness center for de-stressing. It's easy to make yourself at home when you land at the Country Inn & Suites Round Rock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Round Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Round Rock Hotel Round Rock
- Country Inn And Suites Round Rock
- Round Rock Country Inn
- Country Inn Round Rock