“Something's happening here”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Round Rock
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We've been regulars for several years 2x per year. This time I noticed a definite decline in common area cleanliness and room maintenance. Room phone not working and burned out lights. Seriously thinking about staying elsewhere next time.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Mike S

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had a late arrival (after ten) there was still plenty of good parking. The hotel was quiet. The air conditioner worked great, which was awesome after 7 hours in the car. Bathroom was clean, as was the room itself. The decor was dated but everything was in good repair. Staff was very friendly and fast. Breakfast was free and a good variety was offered. We definitely plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Capulus
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The hotel looked nice from the outside but is dated and "just OK" on the inside. We were disappointed since it didn't meet our expectations based on other Country Inns we have stayed at. The light and clock between the beds were unplugged and we had to search for the outlet to plug them in and reset the clock--something housekeeping should have noticed. Breakfast was OK. I did see a sign that they are renovating so hopefully things will be more in line with the standards set by other Country Inns. There was noise from the interstate but not enough to disturb our sleep. It was in a good location though, several restaurants and the Round Rock Outlet Mall (VERY NICE) nearby.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank DRUMLINEMOM13
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Our family of four stayed in this Round Rock hotel for one night in May. The place felt old-style and in need of renovation. Our suite had a double bedroom in one room and a sofa in another. There were two flat-screen TVs, a microwave, mini-fridge and a coffee-maker. The a/c worked fine but was a bit noisy. The room was relatively clean.

The swimming pool area was not in a good shape. The lounges were very dirty as if no one cleaned them ever. The hot tub did not have the jets working.

At night we were woken up by a crying baby in one of the neighboring rooms. No sound insulation there.

We liked the breakfast, which had all the usual items including sausages and egg, oats, pastry, and fresh fruit.

The WiFi worked in our room although it was slow.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Serge A
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The reason we stayed at this hotel was because all of our usual places we stay at were booked full. So I had to pay a little extra for this hotel, but I was very optimistic because from the outside and the lobby I felt it was going to be a nice place. My first 5 minutes in there I became an unhappy person, we had gotten there about two hours from the official check in time because we had a wedding to get ready for. In all my adult life it has been extremely rare that I have not been able to check in early. Well the day we needed a few hours to get ready for a wedding we were turned away to go wait a few hours while we get the rooms cleaned. The hostess was somewhat rude about it, I walked in and asked to check in and she looked at the clock with a ugly look then back at me. She then informed me that check in isn't until 3 pm, I asked her ok so there aren't any rooms available? Well apparently everyone who checked out that morning waited until 12 pm to check out and so the cleaning staff had just started cleaning at 1pm. My response to that was said by my look at her, then she said she will call once the room became available. Well good thing there was a bar and grill in the same parking lot to go drink my self calm. So after about an hour and a half I decided to get sneaky, so I had my fiance call to see if they had any rooms available. Well what do you know a room was ready, so then I just stared at the clerk while she was checking me in. So the theme of this hotel was country from the 90's. That told me that this place has not been updated since it was first built, then all we were there for was a place to sleep not to have to stay in for a long period of time. The bathtub had a nice yellow water stain in it, which told me it doesn't get cleaned like it it's supposed to. Then I was able to hide that nasty water stain with the bathmat for the tub! I haven't seen one of those since the 80's! The bed was pretty stiff and the pillows were I'm sure at one time really nice. But good thing the a/c ran like a top so I was somewhat able to sleep. Another thing that got me excited about this hotel was the breakfast buffet they advertised on the website so the extra $30 a night wasn't so bad. Yeah talk about a continental breakfast, calling it a buffet is a joke. I wish I had other options on where to stay but I didn't, I will never stay at this location again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BenH989
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed only one night at this hotel, and won't stay there again. Everything about the place just seemed cheaply done, and the entire hotel smelled bad. Service was poor; the "continental" breakfast offered very few choices that were appealing at all. Front desk clerks were abrupt and not friendly. Very little value for an above average price. Don't go there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ron545
Audrey K, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Please reach out to any of our employees directly should you have any concerns during or after your next stay.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We were very impressed with the friendliness and professionalism of the whole staff, from reception through breakfast. The room was clean and comfortable, the lobby inviting, the breakfast selections much more than adequate. Our only disappointment is the lack of a back entrance that would eliminate the need to circle the service roads when coming off Hwy. 620. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel